PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Your idea of the ultimate armor.

-N-
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
For my perfect save, I have two armors I consider to be "ultimate armors".

One is Break HP Limit / Auto-Protect / Auto-Shell / Auto-Haste. The other is Auto-Med / Berserkproof / Confuseproof / Deathproof. Sometimes I wonder whether it should be Deathproof or Stoneproof, but I picked Deathproof in the end. Anyways, the first is basically for fighting Nemesis, and the second is for fighting bitches with status attacks. The second armor is impervious to everything except Stone, and the first is basically an auto Super Mighty Guard.

Anyways, what would you consider your ultimate armor/s to be? Specify what version you're playing too, by the way. I'm playing the North American release, so I don't have any of your nifty PAL extras. :\

Tavrobel
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
PAL/Int

BHPL
Ribbon
Auto-Pheonix
Auto-Haste/Protect/Shell

BHPL
Ribbon
Auto-Protect
Auto-Shell

BHPL
BMPL
Ribbon
Auto-Pheonix

Teh unhaxed versi0n <-- I use this also

BHPL
Auto-Med
Auto-Pheonix
Auto-Haste/Protect/Shell

BHPL
Auto-Med
Auto-Haste/Protect/Shell/Regen
+30% HP/MP or +20% Def/MDef

Personal Armor: BHPL, +30%HP, Auto-Regen, Auto-Med

4evarisha
07-05-2006, 08:57 PM
In PAL verison you can get Ribbon.

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I have PAL, and are currently working towards Break HP Limit, Ribbon, Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix for Tidus/Wakka/Rikku.

4evarisha
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I think Auto-Pheonix,Ribbion,Break Hp limit,Break Mp limit.

Captain Maxx Power
07-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I think Auto-Pheonix,Ribbion,Break Hp limit,Break Mp limit.

There's several reasons why Break MP limit can be useless on a characer. For starters there's not many battles in the game you can't win in a few hits once powered up. Those few that take longer (Omega Weapon, certain Arena creations, Dark Aeons and Penance) you can simply use a Three Stars to eliminate the MP cost. Plus the two "spellcasters" in the game, Lulu and Yuna, both get 1 MP cost on their weapons (though obviously Yuna's is much easier to obtain compared to lulu). In all honesty there isn't a battle in the game whereby you'll have to cast nine hundred and ninety nine spells. Add into this the fact that all the +MP nodes needed to max out MP are much better suited to maxing out HP, Break MP limit just becomes even less of a necessity. Infact I'd go as far as to say it's one of the weaker abilities in the game.

-N-
07-06-2006, 02:09 AM
I concur with Break MP Limit being useless. I only max the Sphere Grid to accommodate 999 MP. Even so HP can't max out past ~66000 if all other stats are to be maxed.

Blitz Ace
07-06-2006, 08:36 AM
there is no one perfect armor, but it is useful for your characters to have slightly different armours to accomodate for certain things. eg, i loaded out my characters with a few combinations. all had BHPL and most had Auto-haste and Ribbon (if i could get it). the extra slot (or possibly two) was devoted to a few different ability like Auto-Pheonix or Auto-Protect, both which are very useful. those are really all the abilities you'll need.

Some people actually argue that BHPL is also not necessary, as through complex defensive techniques there is no attack in the game which can cause more than 9999 damage to your characters. i prefer to just have it though.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-06-2006, 12:45 PM
i always used to strive to have BHPL on armour, til i got lots of info proving it is totally unnecessary. my personal setup:

- ribbon
- auto-phoenix
- alchemy
- auto haste

auto-phoenix + alchemy = as soon as anyone dies they are brought back with full life

TheSpoonyBard
07-06-2006, 01:46 PM
NA Version

Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Auto-Potion
Auto-Phoenix (One character can have Master Thief instead of this)

PAL Version - Dark Aeons

Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Ribbon/Stoneproof

PAL Version - Penance

Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Defence +20%

Cast Cheer four times to reduce damage from all of Penance's attack to under 9,999.

Captain Maxx Power
07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
PAL Version - Penance

Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Defence +20%

Cast Cheer four times to reduce damage from all of Penance's attack to under 9,999.

I take it this is with 255 Defence?

Dell
07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I only have PAL version:

Tidus, Wakka, Yuna (Main Party)

Tidus:
BHPL
Ribbon
Auto-Regen
Auto-Phoenix

Wakka:
BHPL
Ribbon
Auto-Haste
Auto-Regen

Yuna:
BHPL
Ribbon
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix

Lulu, Kimahri, Auron (Maximum Stat character (Not Luck)

BHPL
Auto-Haste
Auto-Regen
Auto-Phoenix

Rikku (Need improvement)

BHPL
Master Thief
No Encounter
Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix

Hambone
07-06-2006, 06:59 PM
defense +3%
magic def. +3%
fire eater
thunderproof

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 03:54 AM
How about Break Hp Limit,Auto-Pheonix,Alchemy,Ribbon

Hambone
07-07-2006, 04:58 AM
no way! mine is so much better.

CLB619
07-08-2006, 03:00 AM
Ribbon, Auto-Potion, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect for me. Ribbon prevents against nearly all status ailments and if I get low on HP, Auto-Potion activates and heals 9999 with a x-potion i think. And seeing as I don't have 99,999 HP as my max, i am nearly always fully healed. Auto-Haste for speed and auto-protect to lower physical damage.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen, Break HP Limit, Ribbon. Ribbon pretty much covers all other status proof abilities.

Mage_of_Fire
07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
break HP limit is not needed.

Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect

as someone said, just cast cheer a few times and you'll never take more than 9,999 damage to every party member at once. And with just X-potions, you will always be at full HP because of auto-potion. If you take less than 1/2 HP, then you can survive the next hit too obviously, at which point you'll use the potion and go back to full.

---------

The thing about break HP limit is you need HP +30% too to reach 99,999 hp.

Maybe Break HP limit, HP +30%, Auto-regen (auto-potion sucks on a BHPL armor obviously), auto-haste.

Not having auto-protect hurts, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want 99,999 hp.

--------

btw, I don't have the PAL version, just NA. :( I wish I did. But I'd say just put ribbon in instead of auto-phoenix on 1-2 of the armors that you are gonna do.

Auto-protect, auto-haste, and auto-potion are the keys to this armor, auto-phoenix is cool, but it can work with only having it on 2 chars. Maybe even 1, but that means you might have to cast a phoenix down manually.

TheSpoonyBard
07-13-2006, 01:27 PM
PAL Version - Penance

Auto-Potion
Auto-Protect
Auto-Haste
Defence +20%

I take it this is with 255 Defence?
Of course. If you've made it past all the Dark Aeons without 255 Def you're doing pretty well.

-N-
07-13-2006, 07:02 PM
No other Auto-Shells? Why do you think Auto-Potion is better? I prefer Shell since it cuts down enemy attacks and I rarely heal, and if I do it'll be a Megalixir or Mega Phoenix or something (assuming a Nemesis-level fight).

TheSpoonyBard
07-13-2006, 09:07 PM
With 255 Magic Defence, Nemesis' Ultima will deal about 5~6,000 damage without Shell. Since Nemesis is the only magic-casting enemy with 255 Magic, you don't really need Auto-Shell. Nemesis' other magical attack, Ethereal Cannon, can be blocked with an aeon, or just kill it before it gets a chance to use it.

Auto-Potion is better than Auto-Shell as with 9,999 HP and only X-Potions in your inventory, you'll be fully cured after every attack (assuming it is the type to trigger Auto-Potion) and the majority of powerfil attacks are physical, so Auto-Shell will be a wasted slot.

rubah
07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
break HP limit, auto haste, and auto protect are really all you ever need. Auto shell is only necessary with fun bosses like earth eater that use magic as a counter. But really, if you use Rikku and have a bunch of light curtains and a bunch of overdrive, you don't need but break hp limit.

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 02:32 AM
For 2 of your main 3

Break HPL
Auto-Haste
Auto-Phoenix
Ribbon

or if you can afford that
Auto-Haste
Auto-Pheonix
Auto-Protect
Stoneproof

You need Stoneproof for the Dark Aeons esspecially Bahamut.

Cruise Control
07-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Auto Protect
Auto Shell
Auto Haste
Stoneproof

No auto-potion, why heal when you can just switch characters.

I have a tendency to equip petrify weapons, then I met a malboro, and watched my charchters petrify/shatter each other. I now use stoneproof.