PDA

View Full Version : Oh-em-gee Im orange

Zeldy
07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Orange in a can, called 'Fake Tan'
Every had any disasterous memories of Fake Tan?

I have :(
My auntie had got me some fake tan wipes, but Im new to the whole fake tan thing and didn't test it. I just wiped it on my face and down my arms thinking it'd be a slight colour change. Oh how wrong I was :p
It took 6 hours to dry, and I woke up in the morning and my face was ORANGE. My arms had a straight line of orange, and I had PE that day :(
I managed to scrub most of my face, but It was so noticeable.

Venom
07-05-2006, 08:57 PM
I dont dare do tanning. Being pale is awesome!

Chris
07-05-2006, 09:29 PM
I usually call it "Applying Sunshine." :D

You shouldn't do it! You can get cancer from it, ya' know? Use the sun, I do. Oh wait, I get pitch-black if I stay too long out in the sun. The sun is cruel.

Jojee
07-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Lmao, yeah I'm terrified of that fake tan thing. xD Plus the tanning salon places where you go in that machine or whateve, SCARY.

I'll get my tan in the sun, naturally kthx <3

Moon Rabbits
07-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't tan naturally or artificially.

But my friend used one of those type deals once, she also had an orange tint to her.

MageLuingil
07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't tan at all really, but if I do it's naturally with the sun. Usually though I'm not outside long enough. (I'm a terribly unhealthy person, I know)

mooglebunni608
07-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Being pale is awesome!
so I don't bother to tan. Can't.

boris no no
07-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Only cool people have see-though skin :cool:

Jess
07-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I use tan during the winter, because I like being tanned all year round, and everybody knows that the Sun doesn't exist in England at all in the winter.

I've never had a disaster, though. I use our sunbed occasionally, as it is clear I won't get streaks from it. Usually I use Dove summer glow Body lotion. It's useful because it's applied daily and only gives a very slight change. Once you reach the colour that you want, then you just cut down the amount of days you use it in a week. Very handy. :jess:

Only cool people have see-though skin :cool:
My skin is pretty see-through. Which is why I like to be tanned, because if I'm tanned you can't see my veins through my skin. xD

Tempest
07-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Orange in a can, called 'Fake Tan'
Every had any disasterous memories of Fake Tan?

I have :(
My auntie had got me some fake tan wipes, but Im new to the whole fake tan thing and didn't test it. I just wiped it on my face and down my arms thinking it'd be a slight colour change. Oh how wrong I was :p
It took 6 hours to dry, and I woke up in the morning and my face was ORANGE. My arms had a straight line of orange, and I had PE that day :(
I managed to scrub most of my face, but It was so noticeable.
Oh man, that sucks. I've never had the guts to try that stuff and I've heard from other people that it can turn you orange or some other color that skin should not be.

Shauna
07-06-2006, 01:20 AM
I have mild tan permanently, I don't need fake tan. :cool:

SammieBabe
07-06-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm almost Perma-tanned from living in Florida. But since melanoma is becoming a big problem down here, I don't think bad of people for trying fake tans. But I do laugh if they look orange...:D

escobert
07-06-2006, 01:49 AM
I go in the sun and get tan :D

fire_of_avalon
07-06-2006, 02:03 AM
In my Senior yearbook, there's a girl whose portrait is orange and she made herself that way and thought she looked good. Orange is not so hot. I never used that kind of stuff because I was afraid of it.

Zeldy, from the pictures I've seen you have very pretty skin. Don't use fake tan. :(

kikimm
07-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Yuck I've never used that stuff and I've never wanted to. I agree with foa about your skin.

I just like the way "natural" looks. And yeah I'd probably mess up like you did too, which is another reason I've stayed away. :P

Tasura
07-06-2006, 04:20 AM
I go from pale to burnt, there is no tanning stage for me, thats why i stay inside, like any good Tasura should.

ZeZipster
07-06-2006, 04:40 AM
I prefer to stay pale otherwise I freckle pretty bad.

Reine
07-06-2006, 05:01 AM
I prefer to stay pale otherwise I freckle pretty bad.

Indeed

Also, I am incredibly intolerant of the sun and burn to a crisp really easily. Ive been half paralysed by sunburn three times now, its not nice.

Jojee
07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Freckles can be cute :p

I like it when after I go to a waterpark or something, and there's this red sunburny blush across my nose/cheeks :</>D Looks nice. I don't get sunburned though, cos' I'm asian XD

Zeldy
07-06-2006, 05:54 PM
In my Senior yearbook, there's a girl whose portrait is orange and she made herself that way and thought she looked good. Orange is not so hot. I never used that kind of stuff because I was afraid of it.

Zeldy, from the pictures I've seen you have very pretty skin. Don't use fake tan. :(

I just wanted to test it. I kinda like my pale skin sometimes, Id go in the sun but I burn so easily, and my face freckles. Thanks~ ^_^

Captain Maxx Power
07-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I've never had problems with tanning products since I utterly refuse to go out of my way to change the tone of my skin. Pasty and white is just fine by me.

Hambone
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I dont dare do tanning. Being pale is awesome!

Rye
07-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I never had a fake tan. I don't like them. I like my own skin colour. Well, my old skin colour, because before I go a tan from my cruise, I have ultra white. xD

Rocket Edge
07-06-2006, 07:23 PM
This thread is hilarious :D, oh and i let the sun do its work i guess

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm mexican so I tan in the sun pretty easily. :cool:

feona17
07-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Fake tanning isn't cool. Sorry no offense. Just slap on some sunscreen and get outside. Lazy bums <3

vampirepiggyhunter7
07-09-2006, 04:22 AM
^^ I just got a sunburn today!

Yamaneko
07-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Those crazy Europeans used to take small amounts of cyanide to make their skin pale back in the day. I guess we've come full circle.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 06:38 AM
I forgot to mention, if you sunburn, as long as you don't peel, you will get darker. So it isn't a complete bummer getting sun burned. Aloe Vera is your friend if you get burnt.

Rusty
07-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I tan naturally - there's enough sun here for that <3 Fake tan is just a waste of money.

DarkLadyNyara
07-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Zebra effect. That's all I'm gonna say. :D

Although, at least this particular "unnatural" method doesn't cause skin cancer. That said, I'm dark enough as it is. :cool:

Zeldy
07-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Fake tanning isn't cool. Sorry no offense. Just slap on some sunscreen and get outside. Lazy bums <3
But England dosn't get much sun :)
But when we do, we arnt ready for it and we just burn

Spiffing Cheese
07-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't like being tanned. At all. I'd rather have skin than cancer, thanks. :p

Markus. D
07-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I only do when I need a quick fix of Vitamin D, yes... natural tan.