PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Agility

Captain Maxx Power
07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I've been reading up on some of the algorithms used in FFX, and from what I can tell it's next to near pointless having an Agility beyond 170, since after that the tick speed of your character won't get any higher. Is there any truth in this? Can you really get away with 170 Agility, or does it serve another purpose? I'm going to try and optimise my characters so if I can get away with saving up some nodes for HP I will do.

Tavrobel
07-06-2006, 05:37 PM
It probably is pretty useless to have anything above 170, but I guess it would play a part in how slow you are if someone cast Slow or Haste. It also gives more reasonable of the gap between your Agi and the enemy's Agi, probably giving them less turns, yet not giving you more (applies to cooldown rates and Quick Hit).

Maybe not, who knows.

Captain Maxx Power
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM
The reason I ask is because there's a specific article in Gamefaqs (under the name of "Stat Mechanics") that gives a list of Tick Speeds for each "band" of Agility. This maxes out at 170 Agility. Hence why I'm pretty sure there's no point getting it above this value besides asthesic purposes (much like having more than 98 Vitality is useless in FF4).