PDA

View Full Version : FF3...Delayed?

Angelroo
07-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Apparently this game has been delayed at least for U.S. until Oct. 3. I can't say exactly if it's true,but game stores changed their shipping date and gamespot.com has changed its release date on the info page.

FF_Chick
07-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Don't trust stores. If this game was delayed, I would have gotten an email by now.

Angelroo
07-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Yeah, it's just alot of people have gotten emails. I ususally don't trust store dates or even game websites but it didn't make sense that they'd change the date from September to October for no reason. I hope they're wrong. We'll see

abrojtm
07-07-2006, 03:17 AM
I think it's been pushed back. And there probably is a reason.

Carmilla
07-07-2006, 03:18 AM
The official website for FF3 still says September. Ill stick to that. :mog:

KentaRawr!
07-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't care if it was delayed to October 3rd, since my birthday is October 9th. Of course, as other's said, don't trust the stores. They lie to you! :mad2:

FF_Chick
07-22-2006, 07:13 PM
I went to gamespot and it said that it would be released November. I don't think so. I think the release date is Sept. 12. Im keeping my hopes up in the clouds.

Angi-Kaiser
07-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Stores can never really be trusted with game dates. especially the online ones. I mean, At least one online store was setting out pre-orders for a Final Fantasy 7 PS3 remake, right after Square denied that a remake was being made. Back before much info had come out on FF3 DS, I saw an online store setting out pre-orders for it, showing box-art with Kefka's CG face, and describing it as "The SNES RPG classic, reborn on the DS!"
I wrote a complaint, got a message saying that the site would "Look into it," and then watched in dismay as the pre-order stayed on the site untill around E3, when it was made very obvious that their pre-order was fake.

Sorry about the rant... had to get that off my ches!

Angelroo
07-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Wow, stores are really dumb...:D

beanbag
07-24-2006, 09:51 PM
dose ne one no when final fantasy 3 coming out in the uk

Zeromus_X
07-24-2006, 10:24 PM
...Huh?

Angi-Kaiser
07-24-2006, 10:47 PM

Grable-to-English translation: Does anyone know when Final Fantsy 3 is coming out in the UK?

I don't think they have said, yet.

DoaJ
07-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Grabble? Did I miss something? What did he change?

Zeromus_X
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh. Now I understand. Yeah, it helps to not use letters or numbers in replacement of syllables as to not confuse people when trying to have an intelligent conversation.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Maybe the stores are just making it up. The release dates that is.

ScottNUMBERS
07-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Game spot told me I was getting my copy of Final Fantasy XI on December 12th, I got it Febuary sometime.

Moral of the story: Gamespot are idiots and don't trust them when they tell you when something comes out because they are probably lying.

Angelroo
07-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, never mind this whole thread...I am a naive person...:quina:

Trance_Kuja
09-04-2006, 09:49 PM

Grable-to-English translation: Does anyone know when Final Fantsy 3 is coming out in the UK?

I don't think they have said, yet.

They have said many times (square enix, 4 times i think officially) September for EU which i have stuck by and hope for, but gamespot has all of a sudden changed it to Q1 2007 for EU, i don't believe it but it is still worrying (i live in the UK also).

Angi-Kaiser
09-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, they are releasing it in the US in November, and judging by the majority of past releases, EU will be getting sometime after (just bassed on the majority of release).

Zeromus_X
09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
It is disappointing...but at least I'll have a fresh batch of RPGs to play this fall...:cat:

Trance_Kuja
09-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Well, they are releasing it in the US in November, and judging by the majority of past releases, EU will be getting sometime after (just bassed on the majority of release).

Even though September is BEFORE November. And it has actually been said by square enix on at least 4 different occasions (i think) that it will be out in September for Europe, so how do people still say America are getting it first!?

Paul
09-05-2006, 02:12 AM
it's septemeber now and no UK based online stores are announcing the imminent release of this.

it's frustrating when something gets delayed that you're looking forward to, but everyone has to remember that for the sake of a few months, you'll be getting a game that is actually solid, and bug free.

Zeromus_X
09-05-2006, 02:20 AM
The thing that pisses me off the most is that it was planned to be released worldwide at the same time (if I recall, to share the 'only FF never released outside of Japan' all around the world at the same time), and now there's a huge delay for no good reason and mass confusion among people about the release date. Way to go, Square.

Angi-Kaiser
09-06-2006, 02:28 AM

Even though September is BEFORE November. And it has actually been said by square enix on at least 4 different occasions (i think) that it will be out in September for Europe, so how do people still say America are getting it first!?

Because of many factors. One is that (Based on most past releases) US usually gets it first. Secondly, it had also been said on four different occasions by Square Enix that North America was getting it in September, and... then suddenly changed it to November.

eestlinc
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
From amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-USA-90613-Fantasy/dp/B000GABOTU/sr=8-1/qid=1157533845/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6166303-3258420?ie=UTF8&s=videogames) US site:

Availability: This item will be released on November 14, 2006. Pre-order now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
I figure Amazon probably knows the score.

Game releases get pushed back all the time. From a retail perspective it doesn't matter too much as long s it is released in time for the Christmas shopping season. Besides, we've waited more than 15 years for this game to be released outside Japan. How hard will it be to wait another couple months?

Zeromus_X
09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
The thing that pisses me off the most is that it was planned to be released worldwide at the same time (if I recall, to share the 'only FF never released outside of Japan' all around the world at the same time), and now there's a huge delay for no good reason and mass confusion among people about the release date. Way to go, Square.

So yes, 'how hard will it be able to wait just a little bit longer!!1one' 'obtuse marketing logic' doesn't make me any less irritated. I feel even worse for the people outside of North America, they'll have to wait even longer (well, usually, I've heard it'll get released in Europe in September).

Oh well, this still isn't as bad as Advent Children...then again, I'm more excited about this than most any game that's been/going to be released this year.

Paul
09-06-2006, 05:39 PM
they should release two versions.

the unfinished one, and then the finished one a few months later. all the impatient children will go and waste their money on the unfinished one, get exactly what they deserve, and the rest of us will be safe.

and overall square will probably make more money since some people will have to buy two versions!

Trance_Kuja
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
they should release two versions.

the unfinished one, and then the finished one a few months later. all the impatient children will go and waste their money on the unfinished one, get exactly what they deserve, and the rest of us will be safe.

and overall square will probably make more money since some people will have to buy two versions!

That makes no sense as there is an actual finished copy, the japanese version. How would that be dissapointing?

Zeromus_X
09-07-2006, 12:24 AM
It crossed my mind to actually import the Japanese version. I won't understand half of it, but that's how much I really want this game.

eestlinc
09-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Square is teaching you patience. Trust me, you can wait a little longer.

Paul
09-07-2006, 09:29 AM
That makes no sense as there is an actual finished copy, the japanese version. How would that be dissapointing?
i hope that your version comes with japanese text.

Lexy
09-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Did anyone else choose to get the Japanese version? I ordered it from yesasia.com on August 25th and it still hasn't gotten to me....I'M DYIN' HERE! (I speak Japanese so I can understand it and thus prefer the Japanese version anyway- I'm not just a spaz.) I don't know what I would do if I had to wait a matter of months. Probably lose all control of my bowels.

atlanteay
09-07-2006, 10:01 PM
heh yesasia is slow. It took them 9 weeks to get my book here. But i got the free shipping so that might be why :p i want this game so badly right now. I'm playing the NES version to pass the time. Square needs to learn to keep its promises. This whole delaying thing is getting on my nerves:eep: