PDA

View Full Version : The structure IS very weird!

Peter_20
07-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I might be the only one in here who's pedantic enough to even care about this, but I just can't see why one of the magic spells was listed in such a weird way.
I mean, Break - Ice3?
Who the hell puts a spell like BREAK before a LV3 version of one of the most basic spells in the game?
It gets even worse when Bolt3 later turns out to be listed FIRST; shouldn't it be listed LAST, if we were to follow the intended placements? :mad:

Seriously, does this really look good:

FIRE - ICE - Sleep
BOLT - Venom Blind
FIRE2 - ICE2 - BOLT2
Break - ICE3 - Shade
BOLT3 - Kill - Erase
FIRE3 - Bio - Warp?

I think it looks horrible, why didn't they do it like this instead:

FIRE - ICE - Sleep
BOLT - Venom Blind
FIRE2 - ICE2 - BOLT2
ICE3 - Break - Shade
BOLT3 - Kill - Erase
FIRE3 - Bio - Warp?

This would at least seem a bit more structured.

This one works too:

FIRE - ICE - Sleep
BOLT - Venom Blind
FIRE2 - ICE2 - BOLT2
Break - ICE3 - Shade
Kill - Erase - BOLT3
FIRE3 - Bio - Warp

ljkkjlcm9
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
dude, what're you talking about? I'm quite sure it's listed in the order you teach it to the character, and in FFIII I'm quite sure you can reorder the spells too

THE JACKEL

Peter_20
07-06-2006, 08:46 PM
dude, what're you talking about? I'm quite sure it's listed in the order you teach it to the character, and in FFIII I'm quite sure you can reorder the spells too

THE JACKALNo and no.
The spells are supposed to be placed in a certain order, and you can't change it. :(

Hayabusa
07-06-2006, 10:43 PM
They are in a certain order. And peter....YES, YOU are the only one that worries about this- a few monthes ago you were talking about this. Because...ICE 3 KILLS everyone. End of story.

gigames08
07-07-2006, 10:14 AM
WTF? Why the hell would anyone care what order spells came in anyway? Surely you're supposed to play games because you LIKE the gameplay and the story, not because you like the layout of the magic menu! Geez...

Peter_20
07-07-2006, 11:39 AM
WTF? Why the hell would anyone care what order spells came in anyway? Surely you're supposed to play games because you LIKE the gameplay and the story, not because you like the layout of the magic menu! Geez...Well, you gotta agree that a spell order like Esuna-Ultima-Cure-Flare would seem pretty weird compared to
Cure-Esuna-Flare-Ultima.
All FF games, EXCEPT FF3, put a lot of importance in the spell order; just take a look at FF9: Cure-Cura-Curaga are listed first, followed by basic stuff like Life and Scan.

I just can't see why anyone would think "hey, Ice3 is t3h SECOND spell in the list to whatever price!" and then still list Bolt3 as the first one.
It looks stupid.

ljkkjlcm9
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
WTF? Why the hell would anyone care what order spells came in anyway? Surely you're supposed to play games because you LIKE the gameplay and the story, not because you like the layout of the magic menu! Geez...Well, you gotta agree that a spell order like Esuna-Ultima-Cure-Flare would seem pretty weird compared to
Cure-Esuna-Flare-Ultima.
All FF games, EXCEPT FF3, put a lot of importance in the spell order; just take a look at FF9: Cure-Cura-Curaga are listed first, followed by basic stuff like Life and Scan.

I just can't see why anyone would think "hey, Ice3 is t3h SECOND spell in the list to whatever price!" and then still list Bolt3 as the first one.
It looks stupid.
I know in like, FFIV you can rearrange the spells yourself. As well as FFVIII, maybe that's just multiples of 4 then.... haha

THE JACKEL

Peter_20
07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Cure-Esuna-Flare-Ultima.

It looks stupid.
I know in like, FFIV you can rearrange the spells yourself. As well as FFVIII, maybe that's just multiples of 4 then.... haha

THE JACKALYou could rearrange them in FF2 as well. :p

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I also thought some of the spells were out-of-place, but I never used but a few of them anyway. (Once you go to Eureka...)

Well, besides Bahamut and what-not, but still. And Death for the Zande Clones.

Craig
07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I've had many a sleepless night over this.