PDA

View Full Version : Why do you guys like Auron so much?

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Sorry to say this but, why do you guys like Auron more than Tidus? Oh well, anyways like Auron have nothing better than Tidus. No offense, just my opinion. :)

Setzer Gabianni
07-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Eh? Why do you think? Because in our opinion, he is a "good" character. Question solved. Did you really have to start a topic on this?

~Setzer Gabianni

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Auron is the 'mysterious' archetype. (Shadow, Vincent, Salamander). I suppose that attracts people.

Personally? Yeah, he's pretty cool. Lulu and Auron were my favorites. Tida's annoying voice actor dropped the like-ability level for him.

LunarWeaver
07-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I tend to like the entire party in all the Final Fantasy games for the different personalities they bring. If everybody acted just like Tidus it would be boring...So that's why you have Aurons and Tiduses and Wakkas. So why not like them all for the different flavors they add to the mix.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Eh? Why do you think? Because in our opinion, he is a "good" character. Question solved. Did you really have to start a topic on this?

~Setzer Gabianni

Yes, I do have to start this topic because I want to know other people opinion. You got a problem with it? Well, I belive I like all the parties, so it does not matter to me! And let me see, what do I think? I think that Tidus is hot okay?! And yes, Auron is cool, but I just like Tidus way better! And this question is not going to be solved by just only you okay?!

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 07:56 AM
I dont use Auron often so i guess I ddont know how Auron is.

~SapphireStar~
07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Yes, I do have to start this topic because I want to know other people opinion. You got a problem with it? Well, I belive I like all the parties, so it does not matter to me! And let me see, what do I think? I think that Tidus is hot okay?! And yes, Auron is cool, but I just like Tidus way better! And this question is not going to be solved by just only you okay?!
Chill ok?<---- This was not necessary. Do not this do this. ~ Leeza

I liked Auron because he was a more powerful character then Tidus and I dont mean in battle, I mean more powerful in the mind then Tidus. He was more experinced in battle, was a far better looking character (I thought he was the lead character when I first seen him in preview mags), tougher voice and is IMO more likeable then Tidus.

Hearts
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow..how many threads are you going to start about something to do with Tidus being the best? o.0

People are entitled to their own opinions, please, don't start a useless argument over something so silly as to what character is cooler or something.

This thread is silly. You should keep things like this to one thread, maybe you should of asked this question in the one you put about him being so hot.

Now don't go off on me just because I said you were being silly with this. It's common sense.

And some people think he's better because of his less calm nature..some people just don't like guys like Tidus. However, I think Tidus is the best. Auron is pretty cool though.

Crossblades
07-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Auron is just awesome because he's mysterious and serious person. Plus, he has awesome moves

Tavrobel
07-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Haven't we done this thread before?

Anyways, there are endless reasons why Auron is in his fullest uber-ness, completely pwnaging. Not that you care because you, by your own words, have confessed to not playing the game.

Shame. SHAME! A POX ON YOU FOR BEING A FAN-NOOB!

First off, in the game, he does the most damage (for the most of the main game, until Lulu learns her better Black Magic, or Kimahri goes down Auron/Tidus path), and has the most HP. In battle, he is this roaring anomaly that goes and kills things. You cannot deny the power of killing things, or its usefulness, because the whole POINT of the game is ultimately to kill something.

Secondly, he is a literary device. In most forms of literature, there is this device that you find throughout most of the best tales. It is called the hero cycle, and Auron goes through the hero cycle himself, at least once, and is the catalyst for Tidus to do so as well. His subtle changes throughout the game speak to us in a way that are rflective of what could actually occur in real life (not the whole dying and coming back part, but that is cool nonetheless).

There should be something to be said about his whole outlook on life. He seems to be this samurai figure, using samurai attacks, yet his actions, styles, and methodology are completely ninja-like. What is cooler, than having two uber-Japanese figures, and combining them to make an even BETTER character? Ohh, it's SO cliche, but it ohh, SO totally works. He is the FDQ of FFX. Upholding a friend's promise is always the uber-win.

And really, he just represents something about us, as a person. It could be different things for each person. For one, it could represent the longing to return to a society from which they came from, but know that they can never come back. In another, it could be perseverance despite despair. In another instance, he could be representative of what YOU are like in life (not fully, just still some). He, as a literary character, demands respect. And he completely deserves it.

Auron is just wrapped in mystique. This incredible enigma. Fortunately, what happens when you withhold information, is that people just want to find out more. Just ask eon8. Or Tolkien, if you can speak to dead people.

While Tidus maybe he "hot," consider that he is only seventeen. Auron is (seemingly) thirty-five. He holds the experience and wisdom that is granted with age. He just simply knows more than Tidus does, and uses it to his own devices. And grey hair. That's totally hot.

Tidus... is not as well crafted. He's just a main character. While he does change throughout the story (albiet late), he just doesn't do enough, and at the end of the game, he is nearly as selfish as he was in the beginning of FFX. He tries to be the coolest one, but he just fails miserably. Auron doesn't even have to try, he just goes.

People complain about him being a crybaby. They are completely right. How many times does Yuna cry throughout the story? And this is coming from a stereotypical female RPG character. Once, and that is because she has been betrayed completely by those she trusted and devoted her life to, her world shattered absolutely, yet she still decides to go on. Tidus cries countless times. Often with little or no provocation.

Not that I particularly hate Tidus. I just think Auron is x100 cooler. Rikku is x150. I think I liked him more in FFX-2, because he said a total of ten lines or less. Unfortunately, in FFX-2, Rikku is cooler than Auron by a factor of -(x255). That's a shame.

Auron's voice acting was also far better than Tidus'.

Christmas
07-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Must be that BIG SWORD.

Hambone
07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I didn't like Auron.

Eiko Guy
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Wow..how many threads are you going to start about something to do with Tidus being the best? o.0

People are entitled to their own opinions, please, don't start a useless argument over something so silly as to what character is cooler or something.

This thread is silly. You should keep things like this to one thread, maybe you should of asked this question in the one you put about him being so hot.

Now don't go off on me just because I said you were being silly with this. It's common sense.

And some people think he's better because of his less calm nature..some people just don't like guys like Tidus. However, I think Tidus is the best. Auron is pretty cool though.

actually this needs to be kept to ourselves. she never said auron sucks why do you like him, she simply asks why do you like auron a simple question that she wants answered.

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Yea i guess.

Hearts
07-07-2006, 08:07 PM

actually this needs to be kept to ourselves. she never said auron sucks why do you like him, she simply asks why do you like auron a simple question that she wants answered.

I never directly said that she said he sucked.

Eiko Guy
07-07-2006, 09:30 PM

I never directly said that she said he sucked.
im not putting words in your mouth im explaining that tidus aholic wants to know why ppl like auron. that has nothing to do with tidus being great so it would be off topic

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 09:33 PM
How is Auron personality in ffx again??

Hearts
07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I know you aren't. I see your point of view.

But since she said this...

"Sorry to say this but, why do you guys like Auron more than Tidus? Oh well, anyways like Auron have nothing better than Tidus. No offense, just my opinion. :)"

Yes, Tidus being "great" does have to do with it. This thread is supposed to be discussing why you like him more than Tidus. So saying that Tidus is great or whatever is completely on topic. The question is, "Why do you guys like Auron more than Tidus?"

Someone saying, "I don't Tidus is great." is staying 100% on topic.

f f freak
07-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I like auron because he isn't a cry baby plus he is so much better in battle and his sword is so sexiful i love his sword man i wish i had his sword. tidus's sword sucks

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Don't they have the same swords?

f f freak
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
no auron has a big sword tidus has a crap one

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 09:45 PM
So auron has a big cool sword and Tidus has a cool longsword.

feona17
07-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I didn't mind the Tidus thread, but don't start a billion threads about how other characters suck and Tidus is cool. Auron is a cool character, got a lot of wisdom up in that head. I especially liked his speech about spira being a spiral of death.

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I love auron my third favourite ff character ever but tidus just got on my nerves i don't know why i think it was his voice actor

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 10:17 PM

Well, thank you so much for understanding me okay. Some people just don't have positive things to say about Tidus! Anyways, whoever said that Tidus have a crappy sword, well excuse me, I think his sword is way better than Auron. Just because it's big????!!!! Oh well! Well, if you look at Tidus's sword it is beyond nice okay?! Because, it's like blue and looks like it was made by water so yeah! And as for you Tavrobel, to me I know that Tidus is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better!

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
hey tidus aholic why are you having a go at people for stating thier opinions i am very close to hitting the warn button for that

Hearts
07-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Pssht I already did. :lol:

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
rock on you

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
You guys are just hating! So whatever! And very funny! hahahahahhahahahahalmao!

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
we were just stating our opinions and don't say we are hating coz at the minute i'm not but i'm starting to hate you

Hearts
07-07-2006, 10:32 PM
No, not hating.
More like warning.
Lots of people on this forum are annoyed by you, and these threads you're starting are pointless.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 10:33 PM
we were just stating our opinions and don't say we are hating coz at the minute i'm not but i'm starting to hate you

Well, in a minnute if you hate me, I've been hating you! Anyways, back to my topic I don't like Auron all that much, but he is just kind of helping in the game!

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
tidus has the worst sword in the game heck lulu'smoogle inflicts more damage than tidus's sword and that is saying something

Eiko Guy
07-07-2006, 10:36 PM
tidus is whiny because he finds out he is not real how peppy can you be when you know you don't exist auron has nothing to be sad about he's an undead o he can't die if he want's to see his friend braska he can let himself fade oh yeah it's not about the size oof the sword it's how you swing it lil

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:40 PM
yeah i agree but auron swings his sword better than tidus

Psychotic
07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Knock it off, all of you. This thread isn't about which EoFF members you hate, and there had better be no more bickering like this again.

Actually, reading through more thoroughly, this thread would be better off closed.

Leeza
07-08-2006, 06:11 PM
*posts in closed thread*

Do NOT member moderate. If you have a problem with someone here, click the warn button. Do not make posts such as this.