PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Leader?

Nominus Experse
07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Some would say Auron is, while others proclaim Tidus as being the character that leads the party. My question to all of you is this:

Who leads the party, and how/why?

Personally, I thought of Auron as being the leader, as he continually seems to monitor and access the situations of not only himself, but others. In many ways, it felt like Auron was tutoring Tidus on how to become a leader, as later and later in the game, Auron does less and less of the mentioned 'tutoring'. However, I still stand on the idea that Auron lead the party, and having gone through the pilgrimage once before, it seems somewhat natural that he be as such.

Sefie1999AD
07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Story-wise, Yuna's the leader since she's the summoner who's on her way to defeat Sin. The others are her guardians. She makes the choice of who she accepts as her guardian, and she decides when they go on with their journey or what they're going to do. In addition, when Yunalesca asked who Yuna wanted to turn into a Fayth, she made the decision of not sacrificing any of her friends and that they'd find another way to defeat Sin.

Captain Maxx Power
07-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I'd think it would be pretty obvious that Yuna leads the party. She's the one on her pilgramige and all, she's the sole reason that they're all together. Whether or not she can be seen as such after the whole Yunalesca fiasco is up for debate. It seems as though the group does things via consensus after that, though Tidus seems to be the one who initiates it, usually with a kind of "Let's go team!" sort of comment. Auron is much more of an observer in the game, the kind of guy who just stays by the wayside letting the "kids" do their thing without too much interferance on his part.

gigames08
07-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Yuna's SUPPOSED to lead them, Squaresoft are tricking you into believing TIDUS is leading them, Auron is ACTUALLY leading them. I mean, that guy knows EVERYTHING, right?

blue phoenix
07-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Aurons like the tour guide, not actually leading them but simply pointing out places and telling you of their history

Yuna is the one actually doing something so it could be concluded she is the leader

Tidus is the in flight entertainment, whose story provides a bit of depth and distraction to Yunas. Hes upbeat, and well liked but not really leadership.

Nominus Experse
07-07-2006, 11:33 AM
My god... I forgot Yuna... I'm new to adding a poll to threads... Anyone care to help me edit it the poll options so that I may include Yuna?

"So sorry. I'm so sorry."

blue phoenix
07-07-2006, 11:37 AM
you should include Lulu too, because thats the only reason why the guys are going. (and some would argue the girls too) lol

~SapphireStar~
07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Its Tidus's story, although it focuses alot on Yuna and Auron is kinda like a tour guide. I dont know.

vorpal blade
07-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Of course Yuna's the leader. It's her pilgrimage, right? The game focuses on Tidus simply because he's the got the coolest story (next to Auron's, but Auron has to be the mysterious cool guy who decides to help out). Auron can't be the leader because he's not there for the whole journey (I think he joins around Luca, right?). But, he is the most experienced, so he's guiding the group, telling them where to go. Here's the breakdown as I see it:
Yuna: the nucleus of the group, without her there'd be no group at all.
Tidus: The motivator, whose high spirits and optimism spur them on.
Auron: The experienced master, departing words of wisdom, advice and guidance.
Wakka, Lulu, Khimari: The shields, whose primary (and pretty much only) function is to protect Yuna, as well as to provide company and other social needs.
Rikku: The extra hand, providing a little more assistance if need be.

Nominus Experse
07-07-2006, 12:04 PM
I need to know how to edit the polls.... Cursed negligence of mine!

Hearts
07-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Tidus because he simply kicks ass.

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 02:04 PM
I agree with Maxx Power.

Crossblades
07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I'd think it would be pretty obvious that Yuna leads the party. She's the one on her pilgramige and all, she's the sole reason that they're all together. Whether or not she can be seen as such after the whole Yunalesca fiasco is up for debate. It seems as though the group does things via consensus after that, though Tidus seems to be the one who initiates it, usually with a kind of "Let's go team!" sort of comment. Auron is much more of an observer in the game, the kind of guy who just stays by the wayside letting the "kids" do their thing without too much interferance on his part.

Agreed

Tavrobel
07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Yuna is in charge. Auron and Tidus don't make the decisions.

Yuna is the focal point of FFX, plot-wise and story-wise. Without her, there is no change, no reason to continue. She is the Executive. She is in charge.

Auron does not make the decisions. While he is the mentor, and knows the most, his actions are mostly about fulfilling his own promise to a friend. He does very little decision making. In fact, he confirms this, and relinquishes any authority that he could have as a decision maker, stating that "as long as the pilfrimage contnues, Yuna may choose to do as she wishes." If that weren't a clear showing of his lack of authority, well, just... *rambles on in random letters and numbers*

Tidus is not the leader either. He is more of the catalyst of the adventure. If you had him alone, nothing would happen. when you add him to Yuna, everything happens. However, as you progress further into the game, he does develop more of the changes to what one could define as being a leader. This is shown at the duel with Seymour at the top of Gagazet. Being a leader means knowing when to get help.

The entire time, he is conspiring with Rikku to find a way to save Yuna, but when Seymour attacks, he instatly knows to send her to get Auron, who knows how to deal with the situation. Also, after Yunalesca, he seems to take on much more of a coordinating role, pulling the rest of the team together to finish something. Yuna has lost most of her authority here, as she is no longer accomplishing what she originally intended to accomplish, but she does mean to finish up the BIG picture of defeating Sin, which she genuinely intended to do, just not in this way.

The concept of balance comes into play here. Maxx Power is right, with the whole consensus in the latter parts of the game, but it would seem to me that Tidus is the one who is, only just BARELY in charge. He also makes the many of the decisions while inside Sin. He has no problem with losing his power. I doubt that he even knows he has it. But for 75% of the game, Yuna is most certainly in charge.

Christmas
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
The player.

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
To me Tidus is the leader I guess it is because he is the strongest in my team followed by Lulu.

feona17
07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
The party looks to Auron for guidance and approval. And he has immense leadership qualities. Although, Tidus was the optimistic one and I think he helped a lot.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I believe Tidus will win because he's been the leader, and it's his story. Auron is like the sidekick a little. :)

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
i think yuna is the leader after all there wouldn't be a story without her would there

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
i think yuna is the leader after all there wouldn't be a story without her would there

It's Tidus's story because he said, "it's my story," in the last battle! And Yuna is just helping him through his story.

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
right okay i was stating my opinion and besides he is a dream. also don't have a go at me for stating my opinion. i think yuna was the leader because she was the one who had to defeat sin for the most part of the game the story revolved around yuna

Donna Tonberry
07-07-2006, 11:03 PM

It's Tidus's story because he said, "it's my story," in the last battle! And Yuna is just helping him through his story.

You have it backwards. Without Yuna, there would be no story. Yuna is the leader of the group, shes the only reason the others are journeying across Spira. It's Tidus' story as well, but that's essentially a sub-plot to what the actual plot is, which is a summoner and her guardians journeying to defeat Sin.

f f freak
07-07-2006, 11:07 PM
exactly thank you donna tonberry you are a goddess ok you rock

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Well okay. But, I'm just saying how I see it, it seems as if it's Tidus story. It's certainly it's all about him. Yuna is the main too, but I don't know I'm guessing the main is Yuna and Tidus.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Yuna is the leader. She chooses her Guardians and leads them on her pilgrimage, deciding their destinations. The Guardians are simply there to protect her on her pilgrimage. Tidus is the main focus of the story but not the leader, the player starts out as Tidus who knows nothing about Spira, but starts to learn more about it as the game progresses. Auron is like their tour guide, he knows a lot more about Spira than the others do and informs them what he knows.

Yuffie514
07-08-2006, 04:17 AM
this is like the movie Mulan, except that Yuna has like 6 ancestral guardians by her side.

Dell
07-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Lulu is the leader.

f f freak
07-08-2006, 10:02 AM
No shelinda is the leader

Rodney
07-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I think, in different ways, Tidus, Yuna, and Auron take on leadership roles. Whenever Auron sees them losing focus, he's the one who gets them focused again. Plus, he seemed to be the one deciding when they'd stop to rest (Mi'ihen Highroad) and when they didn't have time to rest (Seymour's manor, Thunder Plains), and everyone seemed to let him decide that. Tidus, like someone mentioned above, does start seeming more like a leader toward the end of the game, as he makes the big decisions for the team after Yunalesca's defeat. But it's Yuna's journey, and therefore, she's the one who's truly in charge of the whole thing. She chooses her guardians and aeons and decides on everything the party will do overall.

As for the other four . . . the only time we see Wakka do any leading is for the Aurochs. Lulu, Rikku, and Kimahri take no real leadership roles at all in the game.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Tidus doens´t lead anyone because he doesn´t even know where to go.
Yuna and Auron are the real ring leaders i think.

Lulu also leads a bit.

Kimahri and Wakka are just there to say stupid jokes and stuff like that.

Rodney
07-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Lulu also leads a bit.
When?

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 12:26 PM
When you go and safe Yuna from the Al-Bhed during the Blitzball tournament.

feona17
07-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Okay when Tidus says it's my story, essentially it's everyones story. Anyone could've been up there on the ledge in Zanarkand reminiscing and sharing their individuals stories with the audience. But Tidus' would probably be the most interesting, with the whole Zanarkand thing and Jecht.

We'd have to look at it in terms of who sort of leads the group through Spira. And I'd say Auron, Tidus and Yuna. Auron, because they all look upto him for guidance as I said. Tidus, because he just played a main part. And Yuna, of course because she's a summoner and it's following the story of her and her guardians.

Without Yuna, there wouldn't be much of a story yes. But if we look at it like that we might as well say Sin was the leader as he pretty much is a common element in everyones story and.. yeah, is pretty much the plot.

Dell
07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
No shelinda is the leader

No, Tromell is the leader.

f f freak
07-08-2006, 04:29 PM
no Rin is the leader

feona17
07-08-2006, 04:43 PM
T__T Calli is the leader, biznatches. Blah, I change my option to who cares.

f f freak
07-08-2006, 04:46 PM
No calli isn't the leader ummmmmmmm oh yeah Maester Kelk Ronso is.

DeathKnight
07-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Tidus is the leader here. He's the one making up new ideas and not wanting things to go wrong and is the one who keeps the party together and upbeat.

Auron's there to protect him and help him out on things unknown to him.

Yuna follows Tidus because she feels secure with him.

f f freak
07-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Well actually they all follow the pilgrimage so it might be the pilgrimage is the leader

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I think it is Tudus and followed by Yuna.:)

Ryth
07-11-2006, 02:55 PM
The leader is rerally Yuna, for reasons already stated.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
The leader is Kimahri.

Cruise Control
07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
It's Auron at the beginning, and till about half-way through until he has presented Tidus with enough evidence. Then Tidus leads with his newfound motivation.

Mirage
07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
right okay i was stating my opinion and besides he is a dream. also don't have a go at me for stating my opinion. i think yuna was the leader because she was the one who had to defeat sin for the most part of the game the story revolved around yuna
He's actually an Aeon, really :p.

Anyway, Tidus is not the leader until the end of the story. Sure, you control him, but the game is very linear at the beginning, probably to strengthen the feeling of not being in control. Tidus always has to ask where they are, where they are going, and why they are going there. Doesn't sound like a leader to me.
It is Yuna who decided where to go. She chose to become a summoner and to defeat Sin. That means she decided to visit all the temples. The Guardians (this includes both Tirus and Auron) are just following her, making sure she doesn't die along the way. Sure, Auron is knowledgeable and strong, but he's more like a guide than a leader.

However, as mentioned earlier, the role of being the leader shifts a bit after the Yunalesca event, because an important part in order to accomplish her goal was removed, thus she is not too sure what to do or where to go anymore.

Breine
07-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, Tidus is the main protagonist, but that doesn't make him the leader of the team. Yuna is really the leader because it's ultimately her mission and all of the others just serve her as her guardians.

f f freak
07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
He's actually an Aeon
I don't get that Mirage

01 Rin
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I always thought Lulu was the leader, lol

I mean, she knew where to go and stuff. She's the brightest person in the whole group, she explained everything. Lulu did not, however, have the most spirit, like Tidus. So in a way, Auron, Tidus, Lulu, and Yuna led Wakka, Rikku, and Kimahri, heh.

f f freak
07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah but if you think about it Rikku led them all to Home so really it is like Yuna, Lulu, Auron, Rikku and tidus leading Wakka and Kimahri

01 Rin
07-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Actually, I led Rikku to home lol She just followed Tidus all the way, hehe.

Mirage
07-11-2006, 08:58 PM
He's actually an Aeon
I don't get that Mirage
The fayth summoned the Zanarkand that Tidus lived in, and everyone in it. It's a huge, gigantic aeon, that's how Tidus can physically exist in Yuna's world.
Remember all those stone statues in mt. Gagazet? Those fayth.

f f freak
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
oh right that bit. well i suppose but then the fayth are dreaming not summoning so maybe their... dream summoning

zeilov_khaschante
07-23-2006, 09:26 AM
I guess, Yuna is the leader! She is the summoner and she is the center among her friend in this journey, right? without the summoner, guardian is nothing.

Thorn
07-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Why not chuck in some more options? I voted Auron.

Shiny
07-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Yuna is the leader eventhough in this game it may seem like she lacks leadership qualities. Techically speaking the only reason most of them are in this story is, because they are following Yuna.

Cookie
07-27-2006, 01:25 AM
how can tidus be the leader of the group when he has never been to spira. Auron is the leader and definitely the best character in the game (iy's a shame he can't play blitzball though:sad:)

TidusMaster
07-27-2006, 08:32 PM
not really. If you took out auron, then there would be a whole different story!

Anyways, i would have to say that auron is the leader just because he makes alot of the descisions. Yes, tidus might say "lets go and save yuna" but this is wat actually happends:
Auron:yunas in danger.
Tidus: ok, lets go save her!

see? Auron threw the idea out there and tidus just put it into diffirent words.

AURON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rokk
08-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Well it does change through the story, i mean as Tidus first joins, he is by no way the leader, it's either Wakka or Lulu, and Yuna takes over later on, With Aurons arrival, he does take over, so really a few are, depending on the situation and whether their present.

Rosenti
08-11-2006, 01:02 PM
He's actually an Aeon
I don't get that Mirage
The fayth summoned the Zanarkand that Tidus lived in, and everyone in it. It's a huge, gigantic aeon, that's how Tidus can physically exist in Yuna's world.
Remember all those stone statues in mt. Gagazet? Those fayth.

HUH?

Mirage
08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Dream Zanarkand is one huge aeon. Yu-Yevon summons it using the fayth on Mt. Gagazet, just like Yuna summons Bahamut using Bahamuts's fayth in Bevelle.

And you should still lessen your signature :p.

Eiko Guy
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM
tidus is the leader yuna is the you think so okay lets she will do it if you ask and shes to easily pushed around

tidus is the oddball that is upbeat. we see him as a leader in bikanel where as all the people stay where they are in the desert he decides to find them

f f freak
08-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Actually Eiko Guy Auron walks off so technically Tidus follows him there.

Dynast-Kid
08-11-2006, 07:22 PM
how can tidus be the leader of the group when he has never been to spira.

EXACTLY!

There is no way Tidus could lead if he has never been to Spira.The developers made it so that the player and Tidus are connected because they find themselves in a new world.

Yuna is the real leader even though she is meek and timid.

Auron is like her advisor.

Tidus is there to motivate people.

Rosenti
08-12-2006, 08:02 PM
how can tidus be the leader of the group when he has never been to spira.

EXACTLY!

There is no way Tidus could lead if he has never been to Spira.The developers made it so that the player and Tidus are connected because they find themselves in a new world.

Yuna is the real leader even though she is meek and timid.

Auron is like her advisor.

Tidus is there to motivate people.

Yeay! lol..:greenie:

Tifa's best friend
08-13-2006, 04:13 AM
I said " Auron" because my auron has his Masamune in Full power and he rules, he has 17k hp!!:D even though i finished the game, i still wanna play as Auron! his soooo kool! i say Yuna and Lulu leads to... my Yuna went around the whole sphere Grid... :love: and me Lulu learned all the blk mage. i'm using International. they all rock! :tongue: