PDA

View Full Version : Flipping FireFox

~SapphireStar~
07-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I restarted my PC cause it was acting up. And now I no longer have an bookmarks and my Google page has changed. Instead of it just saying Google, it has the FireFox logo slapped onto it. How do I get it back to the normal Google and what has happened to all my bookmarks? Ive restarted my PC loads of times before, but it has never deleted all my bookmarks.

EDIT: Ok, Ive managed to get my homepage set to the original Google, but what happened to my bookmarks?

Ryushikaze
07-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Your computer dumped them. It happened to me too, and it has nothing to do with the browser, and more to do with the computer going 'gerk'.

~SapphireStar~
07-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh dear. Thanks Ryushikaze, I'll get my boyfriend to have a look at my PC when he gets back from work. I have been having problems with it lately, but so have many others from this forum. Crazy.

o_O
07-08-2006, 01:17 AM
You probably created a new Firefox profile, or switched between profiles without realising it.
This sometimes happens if you open several instances of Firefox at the same time after it crashes.

Try this to fix it:

Click Start > Run
Run "firefox -profilemanager" from the dialog
Select the appropriate profile from the popup

If there is no popup with several profiles to choose from, you only have one, and it really has lost them.
If there is a popup and you don't know which one is the right profile, repeat the list with a different one until they come back. :p