PDA

View Full Version : Is Axel Reeno's nobody?

Yu
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
This question has been bothering me alot. They have the same voice actor and even look similar. Could someone please clear this up for me, cause I'm lost. Please and thank you.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-07-2006, 04:14 PM
no, but the voice is questioning me now....

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 04:15 PM
No, they aren't even from the same games. It's possible Reno's design inspired Axel's, I suppose.

Tavrobel
07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
This question has been bothering me alot. They have the same voice actor and even look similar. Could someone please clear this up for me, cause I'm lost. Please and thank you.

I couldn't begin to tell you how wrong that statement is.

I'll just restrain myself from saying something that would get me bansticked.

Yu
07-07-2006, 04:27 PM
well, you see, Quintin Flynn plays both voices. But just because they aren't in the same game doesn't mean anything. He's from final fantasy 7 just like cloud & company. There's always the possibility of him being Reeno's nobody.

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
FFVII and the KH series aren't in the same continuity. The Final Fantasy characters are just in there as 'guest characters'. (Ever hear of the 'Star System' concept? It's kinda like that.)

Christmas
07-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Can Larxene be Quistis' Nodody?

Yu
07-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Can Larxene be Quistis' Nodody?

As for this question, I don't know...Maybe.

Dynast-Kid
07-07-2006, 09:21 PM
keep in mind that all of the nobody's names are anagrams of their original name with an X added to it.

For example:
Braig-Xigbar
Vexen-Even
Elaeus-Lexaeus

LunarWeaver
07-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Oh look a chance to spill my "Axel is Riku's Nobody" theory in all its grand holes!

I think Axel comes from Riku because Riku did not truly become a heartless but also lots his heart...Uh, sort of and such. I'm talking about when Ansem took him over and he dived into the darkness completely. Similar to the way Kairi is somewhat special in the way her Nobody was created. Kairi's Nobody is Namine, but their hair color does not match and they have somewhat different features. Since Riku lost his heart then reclaimed it, I think Axel is also a 'special Nobody' and so he has differnet features from Riku. It would also explain his connection to Roxas. Since Roxas is Sora's nobody he may have unnaturally high feelings of friendship because of that. Of course, being a member of Organization XIII his name is supposed to be a scramble with an X so I'll just explain that away with "faked it".

Well enough of my flawed logic. Let's all just agree that Saix is Kimahri's Nobody.

Griff
07-08-2006, 02:41 AM
It's actually a little known fact that after the events of KH2 all the nobodies created the world of FF7, had their memories wiped, and took on different names. For instance Axel became Reno, Roxas became Denzel, and Namine got a sex change, dyed her hair, and became Yazoo

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-08-2006, 02:45 AM
keep in mind that all of the nobody's names are anagrams of their original name with an X added to it.

For example:
Braig-Xigbar
Vexen-Even
Elaeus-Lexaeus
Best reason why Axel is not Reno's Nobody.

Eiko Guy
07-08-2006, 06:40 AM
is my right butcheek my left butcheeks nobody cuz they almost look like twins sry dude couldnt pass it up

Reeno the Alchemist
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
ummm are you talking about me cause my name is Reeno and the guy your talking bout his name is Reno sorry i had to say that and its not possible because i dont believe in ff7 Reno lost his heart and became a heartless :D

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh look a chance to spill my "Axel is Riku's Nobody" theory in all its grand holes!

I think Axel comes from Riku because Riku did not truly become a heartless but also lots his heart...Uh, sort of and such. I'm talking about when Ansem took him over and he dived into the darkness completely. Similar to the way Kairi is somewhat special in the way her Nobody was created. Kairi's Nobody is Namine, but their hair color does not match and they have somewhat different features. Since Riku lost his heart then reclaimed it, I think Axel is also a 'special Nobody' and so he has differnet features from Riku. It would also explain his connection to Roxas. Since Roxas is Sora's nobody he may have unnaturally high feelings of friendship because of that. Of course, being a member of Organization XIII his name is supposed to be a scramble with an X so I'll just explain that away with "faked it".

Well enough of my flawed logic. Let's all just agree that Saix is Kimahri's Nobody.

i have always thought that Axel was Riku's nobody as well.

Coppo
07-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Not that anyone wants to hear my opnion, but I think I heard a rumour somewhere that the Trickmaster is the heartless to Axel's nobody. My guess is that he was some tricksy guy called Lea or something (not a guy's name I know, but it's the only acronym I can come up with while taking the X out). And although Riku was consumed by the darkness, he never actually turned into a heartless, he only had the power to control it. Thus, Riku hadn't turned into a heartless, and there was no nobody born, this meaning Axel couldn't possibly be Riku's nobody.

Nevertheless, those are my two cents.

PS: Axel's catchphrase is ace. "Got it memorized?"

Monol
07-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Well i always considered the reno thing with axel only based on apperance...but i always considered elena and larxene to be a more resonable pairing....just cause if you move the letters around for larxene they at least kinda come close to elena (plus they both are chicks who are nasty and blonde ((and by nasty i mean awsome/evil)) ):cool: theres my 6 scents

Mercen-X
07-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Has anybody ever stopped to consider that maybe certain Org. members aren't named after Final Fantasy characters of past titles?

Maybe they're *gasp*faint* original *gasp* oh no!

Or maybe we can look at FF12 and 13, 13v and 13a and see if certain Org. members are from the future.

TheBrent
07-17-2006, 01:11 PM

Seeing as how all the Org XIII members are anagrams of their human counter part's name with an X added..."Sora = Roas + X = Roxas" I really doubt it...

Axel_girl
07-20-2006, 11:56 AM
When I saw Axel in KH2 I loved him:love: . He is a special character and I think that he should have lived:cry: .
On the other hand, I first saw Reeno in "Final Fantasy-Advent Children" right after I finished KH2, and I liked him just because he had many similarities with Axel. Reeno also has many things in common with Axel's character.:)
I don't know if Axel is Reeno's nobody but if it's so, i think that Square Enix made a good choice!:D
Now another question: Do u believe that there are any possibilities to see Axel again in the next KH????????????????????

Dynast-Kid
07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Maybe...but only in like,a flashback or somethin'...But I don't think that the next KH will have much to do with Sora's story anyway

TidusMaster
07-23-2006, 09:28 PM
i agree with mercen-x. They probably just came up with the names, just like every other character in the game ( not talking about disney characters). Sora wasnt based on anyone, and kairi and riku were also not based on anyone.

Griff
07-23-2006, 10:11 PM
i agree with mercen-x. They probably just came up with the names, just like every other character in the game ( not talking about disney characters). Sora wasnt based on anyone, and kairi and riku were also not based on anyone.
Actually there is an ongoing theory that Sora, Kairi, and Riku were based on characters from the digimon cartoon of the late 90s/early 00's that had the same names and personality traits

Dynast-Kid
07-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Actually,their names come from a Japanese language(Ainu or Okinawan,I think):

Sora means sky

Kairi means sea or ocean

and Riku means land or earth

TRANS_AM409
07-26-2006, 01:04 AM
hes not cause renos not a heartless but he coluld be in ff7

Key of Destiny
07-28-2006, 10:01 PM
He's not, but might just be based on him.

Distain
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Maybe...but only in like,a flashback or somethin'...But I don't think that the next KH will have much to do with Sora's story anyway

Why not? Is it swiching over to Rikku's perspective or somthing?

haha srry, off topic

Mercen-X
08-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I think Reno will pop up in the next Kh . . . . . .

Maux
08-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Axel is not Reno's Nobody, his real name is probably Ale, and yes it is likely Axel was based off of Reno. I do not believe we will see Reno is Kingdom Hearts III, they have been using quite a few of the ff7 characters, although it could happen. It depends of the next plot.

forgiven angel
08-12-2006, 04:52 AM
like maux said axel is most likely based off of him sence reno isnt in kh 2 there fore cant be a heartless creating axel.

Dynast-Kid
08-12-2006, 05:16 AM

Why not? Is it swiching over to Rikku's perspective or somthing?

haha srry, off topic

Square has said that the next KH won't be about Sora's story.

Axel_girl
08-12-2006, 04:00 PM
about whom, then?
Riku maybe?

Dynast-Kid
08-12-2006, 04:07 PM
None of the characters we're familiar with.

Distain
08-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Big guys in black armor.

Dynast-Kid
08-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah,well at least that's what you get from the trailer.