PDA

View Full Version : Rikku and Gippal

feona17
07-08-2006, 03:39 AM
I think there was only one other thread about this, but not much information was uncovered. If you haven't played the game, I might leak out a few scenes so don't read if you don't want to.

Now, Rikku and Gippal are my favourite couple from X-2. But I always wondered, were they a couple before? You know, when they first go to Djose and Gippal says something like "Yeah we were quite the couple".

And also, in Chapter 5 after chasing the moogle, Rikku is talking about how her heart pounds in her chest when she thinks of someone and it might relate to Gippal but we never find out... *pout* Any ideas? Maybe someone even went as far as to ask SE about it?

Christmas
07-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Rikku likes Barkeep.

Tavrobel
07-08-2006, 04:08 AM
They likely were a couple at one point, but either they both mutually broke up, or forgot to do so, and it was mutual either way. More is not elaborated in the game, but there is little reason to believe that they weren't.

BardTard
07-08-2006, 04:10 AM
I think they are cute together. But Rikku should be with ME!
Who knows if they were together or not. If not, they should be. I like the Rikku and Gippal idea.

Renmiri
07-08-2006, 04:41 AM
From what Gippal calls Rikku (Cid's little girl) he thinks she is 5 years old!!! And when they face Vegnagun he teases her "You were never one to think before you acted" so again, he doesn't think she is very mature...

I think they might have been childhood sweethearts. And maybe Rikku wants him back. Gippal doesn't seem very interested though...

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 04:42 AM
I think they make a pretty cute couple.

feona17
07-08-2006, 04:46 AM
From what Gippal calls Rikku (Cid's little girl) he thinks she is 5 years old!!! And when they face Vegnagun he teases her "You were never one to think before you acted" so again, he doesn't think she is very mature...

I think they might have been childhood sweethearts. And maybe Rikku wants him back. Gippal doesn't seem very interested though...

I don't know. I always thought the teasing was just apart of their relationship. It's just weird because Rikku had never mentioned him in X. And they know eachother for sure, and he knows her well enough to say 'you were never one to think before you acted' *shrugs* Sounds like some preteen love went on or something.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Rikku better not go with th not good looking people. Because Rikku is like my favorite character too! :)

Eiko Guy
07-08-2006, 05:57 AM
no she went with keyakku

feona17
07-08-2006, 06:21 AM
no she went with keyakku

The guy had like a 15 second cameo in which for half of it, he was dead. I think Keyakku may have just been her friend. Lol maybe I'm biased, I love Gippal like nobody's business.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Who's Keyyaku?

Nominus Experse
07-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I think one reason, if Rikku and Gippal were once together, as I believe they were based on the subtle hints, that Gippal makes fun by calling her 'Cid's little girl' is that he may be somewhat giving her a "pet name" and poking fun at her at the same time. Pretending to halfway not know her as Rikku would probably incite some playful antics of some sort. I've seen couples that have mutually cut the ties of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship but continue to poke and prod in a completely joking manner. Who knows? They could just be friends and Rikku wishes that she WAS with Gippal. She probably still does..

feona17
07-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I think one reason, if Rikku and Gippal were once together, as I believe they were based on the subtle hints, that Gippal makes fun by calling her 'Cid's little girl' is that he may be somewhat giving her a "pet name" and poking fun at her at the same time. Pretending to halfway not know her as Rikku would probably incite some playful antics of some sort. I've seen couples that have mutually cut the ties of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship but continue to poke and prod in a completely joking manner. Who knows? They could just be friends and Rikku wishes that she WAS with Gippal. She probably still does..

Ugh, it's like watching a movie halfway and not knowing how it ends. I hate that. 'Cause we'll never know if they were a couple. Yeah, with my current boyfriend, when we broke up once, we'd still make fun of eachother and call eachother names like that. Or maybe Gippal and Rikku knew eachother as kids, and they just tease eachother or somethin'... wish it were more though. :p

LunarWeaver
07-09-2006, 01:18 AM
This always bugged me too, I wanted to know what the situation was! They never explained it enough and I liked them as a couple. As for the Gippal's "Cid's little girl" thing I'm in favor of playful teasing. Rikku smiles and says "Hey, I have a name you know!" it seemed pretty flirtatious to me. Maybe in ten years they'll pop out a compilation of sequels and we'll know.

Shiny
07-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I hope they eventually hooked up (again). They're so cute together...I like em' both. They do obviously know eachother before the events of X-2, but that could just be, because of the fact that she's Cid's daughter and Al Bhed like him.

Dynast-Kid
07-09-2006, 08:21 AM
maybe they became a couple during the 2 year gap between X and X-2

!Rikku!
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM
I think they had relationship(by bad english sorry)
They would be the cutest couple in FF!I think they were childhoodfriends and Rikku started hope more but Gippal didn't like Rikku(he liked Nhadala) and Rikku get mad:mad2: and after X-2 episode she and Paine and Yuna killed him.

This is just a imagine. XD but i think(hope) they were even more than just friends...Uuuulalaa!

Jus_like_Rikku!!
07-09-2006, 01:21 PM
WAT? they did?!

!Rikku!
07-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes they did.Or well I hope so.:tongue:

Renmiri
07-11-2006, 03:49 AM
Who's Keyyaku?

!Rikku!
07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Who's Keyyaku?
Have no idea...:tongue:

Angelroo
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Somebody emailed square-enix about this, and apparently the director wanted to portray that Rikku and Gippal are in love. I wish that their relationship was more elaborated on, though.

Shaun_lawless
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
oh come on guys it's just a game it's fiction

IceAngel
07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
oh come on guys it's just a game it's fiction

I've said this before to someone else: Peeps are allowed to wonder.

feona17
07-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Somebody emailed square-enix about this, and apparently the director wanted to portray that Rikku and Gippal are in love. I wish that their relationship was more elaborated on, though.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Well that puts my wonder to rest then. Well if they are in love, then maybe what Gippal said about them being a couple was true but something broke them up. Maybe when Gippal joined the Crimson Squad he had to leave her, or when she became a Guardian. Dunno.

IceAngel
07-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Probs her fear of lightning...

Albel
08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Didnt Rikku know Gippal because Rikku, Nooj, Baralai and Gippal were all in that trainin squad that went into operaion Mi'Hem. It was on 1 of those spheres.

Maux
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I thought that was Paine. Isn't Keyakku the al bhed that died when the guados attacked in the first game? Rikku and Gippal were likely to either be ex's, a couple, old childhood friends, or eneies/rivals? Who knows?

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
He dumped her for being too ditzy, and annoying. (Rikku was not what you'd call my fav character)

Devil Shroom
08-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Didnt Rikku know Gippal because Rikku, Nooj, Baralai and Gippal were all in that trainin squad that went into operaion Mi'Hem. It was on 1 of those spheres.

Someone wasn't paying attention, lol.

Not only was it Paine not Rikku (like Maux already stated) but it was on 8 spheres.