PDA

View Full Version : Fran's Race

Dynast-Kid
07-08-2006, 04:24 AM
OK so we all know that Fran is a Viera,right?

The Viera race has two subspecies,the Veena and the Rava,right?

So is Fran a Veena or a Rava?All of the trailers and cutscenes and such show that Fran has brown skin.In fact,all of the Viera i've seen have brown skin,so this is my question:Are all Viera brow-skinned,with the Veena having lighter skin while the Rava have dark,or are the Veena actually fair,peach-skinned Viera?

Squall Lover
07-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I think All the viera are brown skinned ..
Veena And Rava have the same skin colour ...

scooby
07-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Attachments 1 and 2: Veena Viera

Attachments 3 and 4: Rava Viera

The two varieties are not only set apart by their skin colour, but also by their hair and ear colour. As you can see from these attachments, the Veena Viera have pure white hair and white ears - a mark of their "pure" blood. These are the Viera that live in tight-knit clans in the forests; the sort of clan that Fran once belonged to (she's a Veena - despite what I've said before). Veena are rare, compared with Rava.

Rava are the Viera who typically live among Humes. As such, their blood is "mixed" - resulting in a wide range of hair and ear colours: brown, red, etc. They probably have darker skin because of their exposure to the hot sun - whereas the Veena have a lot of tree cover. Just a theory....

Something that supports this theory is that Fran's skin appears to have got darker over time. In the picture of her and Balthier seen during the credits [attachment 5], her skin looks almost pinkish!

Dynast-Kid
07-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks Scooby,you're really smart

scooby
07-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Thank you. :)

Another interesting thing to note is that, among Viera, white hair is considered a mark of beauty - as well as of blood purity. And the more, the better. So Fran, with her abundance of pure white hair, would be considered a great beauty by Vieran standards. (I think Fran would be considered a great beauty by any standards!)

It appears that one of Ashe's ladies-in-waiting is a Rava Viera; she can be seen standing behind Ashe in the attached picture.