PDA

View Full Version : A look at the complex plot of Metroid through the ages.

Markus. D
07-08-2006, 05:39 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1cHkeACQQI&search=x-play%20metroid

perhaps discuss.

I was suprised they linked so fluently together like that.

and the games make a lot more sense for me now.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2006, 05:48 AM
God almighty those G4 jerks are annoying, although their little recap was surprisingly accurate. They did leave out a ton of important details, though, so don't think you know everything about the Metroid story just from watching this.

Markus. D
07-08-2006, 06:07 AM
yeah I played them all except for Fusion mr Kish.

ovcourse you would expect to have some details left out, they had to fit it into a what... 2 minute segment.

what were your faveorite left out parts of that recap...?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-08-2006, 06:55 AM
The fact that Samus's mission on SR388 was to completely eradicate the Metroid species, and that the hatchling was the very last of its kind.
That after Samus handed the hatchling over to Federation scientists to research, they discovered that Metroids had restorative capabilities as well as degenerative ones. This is one of the most important plot points in the main story, which culminated in the memorable scene where the hatchling sucked the energy from Mother Brain until it was a dry husk and then transferred that energy, including the Hyper Beam, into Samus.
Those would be the main ones.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 05:52 AM
It's pretty cool to see the series summed up like that. :cool:

PS - Morgan Webb stole my heart. :love:

krissy
07-10-2006, 03:59 AM
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/01/bnewman/songs/music/Metroid+MotherBrain.mp3

edczxcvbnm
07-10-2006, 04:23 AM
What the hell was that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif? They left out so much. What about the events added by Metroid Zero Mission? The things Kawaii mentioned? The fact that you are a bounty hunter wasn't even mentioned. That is a huge fact considering it is one of the biggest reasons Samus originally got involved in everything.

That was complete crap and the people on X-Play suck. I have never seen X-Play except for that clip and those people obviously have no clue about games nor do they have any remote interest in them.

F--

Del Murder
07-10-2006, 04:34 AM
I thought Metroid Zero Mission was just a remake of the first one.

Now I want to see four minute recaps of the elaborate Castlevania and Metal Gear storylines. Minus the annoying hosts though.

edczxcvbnm
07-10-2006, 04:37 AM

It had an added section at the end of where the original would normally end and it has to do with Samus discovering about herself and her suit and things...if my fragmented memory is correct O_o

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Yeah, and you fight this really easy Mecha-Ridley thing.

I guess it was supposed to be easy or something.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-10-2006, 05:16 AM

It had an added section at the end of where the original would normally end and it has to do with Samus discovering about herself and her suit and things...if my fragmented memory is correct O_oShe doesn't really discover too much. She just reminisces for a bit about when she was a kid being raised by the Chozo on Zebes, which was explored more in the Metroid e-manga. And then she fights a big ghostly arbiter-type boss and gets her new suit with the rockin' shoulder pads.

Another big thing the G4 guys left out was all the shadowy dealings the Galactic Federation had going on in Fusion, since the prevailing speculation is that the next game in the timeline is going to pit Samus against the Feds on account of that crap.

KentaRawr!
07-10-2006, 05:21 AM
I don't really see the problem. They cover all the basics to get someone who doesn't really know what the game's story is like up to speed, and that was the initial goal. I didn't really find it all that annoying, though. o_o Some un-needed things were said in it, and attempts at some jokes were absolutely atrocious, but I don't think they were annoying. o.o They sure coulda mentioned the end of Zero Mission, though. o_o

Edit: Yeah, Kishi is right about the things that happened in Fusion... I forgot about those. That's a big part of the story.