PDA

View Full Version : keyakku

Eiko Guy
07-08-2006, 05:58 AM
who do you think he was and why did rikku care so hard but leave him behind

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 06:01 AM
I am sorry but whi is Keyyaku is he the guy that died in Home.

Eiko Guy
07-08-2006, 06:34 AM
yes he died in home and rikku cried

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Is that her boyfriend or Brother???

Dynast-Kid
07-08-2006, 06:45 AM
wait...I don't remember anything about anyone named Keyakku.When was he mentioned in the game?

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 06:47 AM
In home when the fiends attack.I think.

Dynast-Kid
07-08-2006, 07:10 AM
ok...I just didn't remember anything about him

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Oh okay then If you bought movie spheres in Luca you mght be able to see him.

Dell
07-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Oh okay then If you bought movie spheres in Luca you mght be able to see him.

You can't see him, Keyakku does not appear in FMV.

Keyakku was one of Cid's team?

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Oh okay! But wasn't he dead that's why Rikku left him behind?LOL.

Nominus Experse
07-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't really know why Rikku cried so deeply when she noticed that he died. It first took it to mean that the Al Bhed as a whole seemed to have strong ties to eachother, as they were a persecuted people. It happens with many persons when under pressure - they band together and form feelings and ties akin to that of brother/sister. I always took it to be that.

Although, with the mention of his name, and why the game decided to focus suddenly on a character who had never heard or seen of before and then later there was no mention of him and his death... I don't know why, to be honest. One of many things Square enjoys doing in its plot and scenes - make us wonder, when there most likely is no real reason for it...

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I don't really know why Rikku cried so deeply when she noticed that he died. It first took it to mean that the Al Bhed as a whole seemed to have strong ties to eachother, as they were a persecuted people. It happens with many persons when under pressure - they band together and form feelings and ties akin to that of brother/sister. I always took it to be that.

Although, with the mention of his name, and why the game decided to focus suddenly on a character who had never heard or seen of before and then later there was no mention of him and his death... I don't know why, to be honest. One of many things Square enjoys doing in its plot and scenes - make us wonder, when there most likely is no real reason for it...

Thanks for explaining, now I kinda get the point. But, I agree why they do that for?

IceAngel
07-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I thought it was one of her brothers or a close friend.

feona17
07-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah it was most likely a close friend. If there were any romantic ties, I think they would've focused a lot more on Rikku's feelings and drop hints of that kind.

Tavrobel
07-08-2006, 03:32 PM
The writers used his death for a reason. They used to it to establish the lengths of what the Guado were going to do under the direction of Seymour. The writiers wanted the ball to hit home more, and it would likely to de-sensitize you to the fact that Yuna would soon have to die, as is revealed later in Home.

It introduces death on a personal level from this point, by showing how death affected your characters, Rikku in particular (as she is the one that they planned most on the player to respond to).

As far as the of Keyakku is in the game, he was probably another brother, or a close friend. They use his character model multiple times throughout the game, so if you have seen him before, it may or not may have been him. For all we know, he could have been Gippal's brother (Rikku likely would have come to know him in her involvement time with Gippal, if she hadn't known him already).

The entirety of the Al Bhed population seemed to be close to each other, as has already been mentioned. His death affected Cid as well.

No.78
07-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Umm, Rikku is al bhed, so is Keyakku. Therefore she knew Keyakku, so obviously she was gonna be sad seeing him die O.o I mean if you know someones name and you see them dying you're not gonna ignore them are you? And she left him behind cos of the whole death thing.

Donna Tonberry
07-08-2006, 07:37 PM
The Al Bhed are really one big family, they were forced to be that way due to ~1000 years of non-stop disrespect from the Yevonites. Keyakku was probably a very close friend, I really don't think that they were romantically involved, based on what she says in Guadosalam:

"Most people marry the first person they fall in love with, just like that...I'll probably be the same way"

Since Rikku was obviously not married to Keyakku, she probably was not interested in him in that way. Just an observation.

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I think it is her big brother.

~SapphireStar~
07-08-2006, 10:00 PM
It would have been mentioned if he was her brother. I believe he was just a close Al Bhed friend.

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 10:34 PM
A close Al Bhhed friend that Rikku might have a little crush on.lol

~SapphireStar~
07-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Maybe, you never know.

4evarisha
07-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Yep It looks like Rikku might end up with alot of boyfriends.lol

01 Rin
07-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I think I've mentioned this in another thread.

Yes, the Al Bhed are forced to be one big giant family because of the war thingy. It's kinda ironic how Yevon is so big on the hope thing that summoners provide and they're against Al Bhed, when Al Bhed seem to have more hope together.
Keyakku sounds real familiar, I remember him being mentioned in FFX but I can't help but think that I've seen him somewhere else.

For all we know, he could have been Gippal's brother (Rikku likely would have come to know him in her involvement time with Gippal, if she hadn't known him already).
Gippal sounds so familiar, he from FFX-2?

feona17
07-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I think I've mentioned this in another thread.

Yes, the Al Bhed are forced to be one big giant family because of the war thingy. It's kinda ironic how Yevon is so big on the hope thing that summoners provide and they're against Al Bhed, when Al Bhed seem to have more hope together.
Keyakku sounds real familiar, I remember him being mentioned in FFX but I can't help but think that I've seen him somewhere else.

For all we know, he could have been Gippal's brother (Rikku likely would have come to know him in her involvement time with Gippal, if she hadn't known him already).
Gippal sounds so familiar, he from FFX-2?

Yes yes, Gippal is the sexy leader of the Machine Faction in Djose from FFX-2.