PDA

View Full Version : Display Errors

Moon Rabbits
07-08-2006, 07:04 AM
I recently installed Silent Hill 2 for my PC.

Barely scraping past the minimum system requirements, I expected the game to go rather slow and choppy, and it does when I am in outside environments. However, the problem is the monsters. All of the monsters are only displayed a little bit, and by this I mean only the legs of the Patient Demons are displayed, only the feet of the Manniquens.

My display driver is up to date and all that jazz, but I'm still having this problem. Can someone take a guess at what's wrong, and suggest a fix? I mean, the first Manniquen encounter was far less scary when it was just feet.

PS. If you can tell me a way to further decrease the graphical quality of the game I'd appreciate it...there is little customization I can do in the menus to make it run faster. Is there any external way to speed up the game?

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Strange problem. Have you had it on your computer before? What graphics card do you have? Are you sure your PC is upto the task?

Failing all this, check the official boards for Silent HIll 3, or ask at an appropiate fan-site.

Moon Rabbits
07-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Strange problem. Have you had it on your computer before? What graphics card do you have? Are you sure your PC is upto the task?

Failing all this, check the official boards for Silent HIll 2, or ask at an appropiate fan-site.

It has never happened on this computer (or any other I've ever owned, for that matter), I have an ATI RAGE 128 with 32mb memory, and yes, my PC is equal or above all system requirements.