PDA

View Full Version : Do you talk while you play Video Games?

KentaRawr!
07-08-2006, 09:30 AM
http://metnerd.ytmnd.com/ I really hope you don't.

...*ahem*...

So, do you talk while you play Video Games? If so, what do you usually say? Something to do with Ice-Nice Beams? ...

...*ahem*...

Anyway, I don't. I might say something along the lines of "AAARGGGHHHH!", but nothing that can be considered English, or any other language. Nothing filled with Ice Cream, that's for sure. What do you say? Or do you not say anything?

TheBrent
07-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I usually just curse at my tv >_>

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I sometimes say 'get in' or 'f off' depending on how good or bad I am doing.

fantasyjunkie
07-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't like any conversation while I am playing. I take my gaming time VERY seriously! :D

~SapphireStar~
07-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I curse and sometimes read out the text in funny voices. But the best is when you get a classic like Zelda and say "Listen!" everytime that annoying fairy pops up.

Rostum
07-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Nah, I don't talk. Well... I'll "Argh!" when something bad happens.

Sergeant Hartman
07-08-2006, 10:32 AM
It's fun because it never answers back.

starseeker
07-08-2006, 10:35 AM
If I'm playing FF then when my sister's watching we sometimes discuss part of the game I'm playing. Or more often, 'left, right, up a bit, use Fire dammit'

Markus. D
07-08-2006, 02:02 PM
depends who I am playing with and What I am playing.

DarknessFromAbove
07-08-2006, 02:18 PM
lol, I yell at the characters, mostly incoherent curses but I'll occasionally make fun of them to myself. I mock the villians quite a lot too.

"ooooo, not so tough are you now blobby? Heh, you like that? Mwahahaha!"

o_O

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 02:26 PM
I swear when things don't go right for me. I won't mention what I say, it could earn me a warning..

~Setzer Gabianni

Xenyth
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Depends if its an easy game or if I feel lucky. Then again, if I was talking to someone when playing a game and I lost that'll just give me a reason to yell at the person even though it's entirely my fault.

boys from the dwarf
07-08-2006, 02:41 PM
i usually sigh or just "argh!" if i lose about 5 times. i laugh if something funny happens but thats about it. i remember while playing FFTA i did the mission in the second avaidable first jagd when i beat the main guy he said something like "im sorry. i didnt mean to run from the accident." then marche says "well apologize" or something like that. and i just said "its a jagd. no judges to prevent death you moron. whatcha gonna do? hey nono! heres a smelly corpse to apologize to you." but thats one of the only times. i usually say nothing unless someones with me. id love a PS2 that answers back! just imagine.

Griff
07-08-2006, 05:00 PM
I narrate entire games as the main character sometimes. For instance:"I walked into the Seventh Heaven, just outside I could still hear Barett yelling at the drunks he had just chased out. In front of me was my old childhood friend Tifa, man she had a nice rack. She's rambling on about something again, maybe if I give her this flower she will shut up...." and so on.

LunarWeaver
07-08-2006, 05:13 PM
I do the grunt and curse thing sometimes, but that's usually all. I toss out a "How many times do I have to kill you" at those bosses that just keep coming back. Jenova answered back once, it was frightening.

Old Manus
07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Hell yes. I even mute the TV so I can do the voices myself and then I act out the cutscenes.

Spiffing Cheese
07-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't, but my brother swears like hell whenever he plays a FIFA game. And sometimes he whispers to his players. It's very, very disturbing.

Zeromus_X
07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
I swear when things don't go right for me. I won't mention what I say, it could earn me a warning..

Haha, me too. But only if I'm really pissed off at something.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-08-2006, 08:15 PM
I say the odd thing now and again. It seems to increase my enjoyment when I get verbal

Nominus Experse
07-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I sometimes ask the characters what the hell it is they are doing when they wander off or perform otherwise stupid, random actions. Whenever a conversation or cutscene ensues, I sometimes seem to do voice overs for them - probably because the talk. so. slow. some. times. I seem to also perform the customary torrential barage of swear words when something goes wrong or I'm simply frustrated to no end with something or another (Dodge 200 consecutive lightning bolts...). It also seems that whenever you fight the mini-bosses or bosses, I inadvertantly have conversations with them for each and every attack or twist during the fight.

Truly, I don't realize that I am that animated, but my girlfriend says I am. Oh well, she has to deal with random curses thrown at a box that can't answer back, I don't, heh... Kind of funny that I, and many other people, would yell or talk to a TV... It has no hope of answering back, and if it did, my my my... that'd be something else.

However, that's nothing like "Ice beam... more like nice beam, filled with ice cream..."

Owen Macwere
07-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I gasp when surprising things happen, and yell when some character do something funny (not too luad^^).
I cuse when a monster kill me and I have to start the fight all over again... "ARAAAAAG, damn those games creatore".
that's all I do.... nothing big.

Khaotic
07-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Lol sometimes if I'm hyper I do:o I just act completely retarded just like that guy.

Germ Hamee
07-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow, that guy sounds like he's having kinky geek sex.

My gaming vocabulary is mostly cursing a lot of cursing. I occasionally mock what the charactors are saying, especially if it's an RPG. Other than that, the most noise you'll hear from me is humming.

Hambone
07-08-2006, 10:07 PM
not to myself, but when someone is around...

Breine
07-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah. I sometimes find myself yelling at the TV and such. Most of the time it's just simple things like "NO!" when it's going badly and "YEEES!" when it's going well. Other times I speak in complete sentences just to curse at the game in the most frustrated way as possible.

Captain Maxx Power
07-08-2006, 10:42 PM
I tend to utter obscenities if I'm annoyed, but that's about it.

Yuffie514
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
i like to mock at enemies and blabber words about one's ultimatum to come, xD. mostly this is with such games as Tenchu, since those samurais seem to have cave-men mentalities...

Sylvie
07-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I'll usually curse... but one time, I was playing FFX and my friend started acting out Wakka's battle pose/movements. It was hilarious.

Vermachtnis
07-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Sometimes in Co-op games, my friends have our characters talk to each other.
In Shining Force: RotDD, there were two different stories: the actual story and this strange little thing I made up with the characters.

kikimm
07-09-2006, 03:37 AM
I never mock anyone in videogames, but yeah, I do the cursing thing. And a lot of "oh my god are you serious" and "what the hell are you doing" if some character of mine is being stupid. UGH UGH UGH.

I get too stressed out over the little things sometimes. =D

feona17
07-09-2006, 03:42 AM
I'll say "Ugh, piece of ****" or "**** YOU! Yeah you heard me." Whenever I get stressed. I often laugh too, if something funny happens.

Twilight Edge
07-09-2006, 03:44 AM
Myself,always.

To other people,I call them to get the f out of my room or I'll practically punch them in the gut(this applies to my parents).

Cruise Control
07-09-2006, 03:46 AM
I talk, yell, foam, rant, rave, and have a tantrum once in a while. I'm the child king.

black orb
07-09-2006, 03:55 AM
>>> Obviously not when Im playing alone, but if there is somebody else playing I rant about the flow of the game, tactics, how was your day, etc...

Shiny
07-09-2006, 04:09 AM
Sometimes, but I usually just say stuff like, "Get off the screen! Nobody likes you as a character!" "RUN! RUN! GET OUTTA THERE! THEY GONNA KEEL YOUUU! 111" "I got served-d-d." Or "You have been pwned."

Dixie
07-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Hmm. If my parents are out of the house, I yell and swear lots...but that's if I screw up. If I don't, then I usually yell out "YES! HA HA!" and start dancing. :D If they're in the house, I swear under my breath, and I don't dance. ^_^

NeoCracker
07-09-2006, 05:14 AM
Yes, I talk all the time playing video games. Gives me more entertainment and its funny to see peoples reactoins when they see me doing it.

Mold Anus: Their faces are quite enjoyable.

Reine
07-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh yes. I am very vocal with the obscenities I yell out at characters being uselss enemies being pricks, etc.

It is also common to hear "wtf?" and hysterical laughter on a regular basis

Jebus
07-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Depending on what happens, I comment to myself, or tell jokes to myself.

I talk to myself a lot.

Rengori
07-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Nah, I don't talk. Well... I'll "Argh!" when something bad happens.
Pretty much the same.

Polaris
07-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Usually I don't speak much just inside my head... but when I'm losing I just yelled 'No!' :whimper: and then I curse the game! ^^I never swear while I'm playing... my mom could be hearing xD

eemica
07-10-2006, 02:20 PM
When I'm playing Zelda FF or KH I'll just yell at it if i'm losing, or curse at the TV.
But when I play War games, I always seems to talk to the TV...which is weird. I dunno why?

Slicksword45
07-10-2006, 02:32 PM
when I play FPS I yell "You want some!! o you want some too!!" sometimes =p

Mo-Nercy
07-10-2006, 04:28 PM
At the arcades, I usually talk to my opponents. Most of the conversation happens during loading screens or character introduction or victory poses etc. but sometimes I'll say something along the lines "oh crap" or "didn't see that coming", "good mixup" etc. mid-game.

Agent Proto
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't usually talk while I'm gaming. When it comes to multiplaying with friends/family, I usually do a little smack-talk here and there. :D When playing alone, an occasional groan, wtf, and the likes are often splurted out.

Alive-Cat
07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
If a character is doing something annoying, I will try to give them advice.
But they never listen. :(

MageLuingil
07-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Sometimes when I'm playing a game my brother's already played, I'll talk to him about story/gameplay/strategies/etc while playing. Other than that, when I'm alone or certain people are in the room, I'll talk to myself/the tv/no one in particular as things happen in the game. I naturally curse and swear when I've lost against the same boss 5 times ... (not so loud when the parents are around though)

Of course, in multiplayer games, I do the standard smack-talk.

Mo-Nercy
07-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I forgot to mention the classic GG. I GG everyone.

Nick Schovitz
07-10-2006, 05:04 PM
When somebody's kicking my ass pretty bad I usually say "aww that monkey!" and just make grunts.

Rocket Edge
07-10-2006, 06:40 PM
If im playing a good old game of FIFA with a mate we'll constantly be talking to the screen. i.e. 'GET IN THERE!!, WHO ARE YA!!, YUP OWER DAT!!, on the flip side its, 'I didnt press that!!!, theres a glitch in this game!! and so on *cough*
..other than that if i was playing on my own i wouldnt bother comment, unless its like tekken and something really doesnt go my way and i curse at the screen. ;)

Ouch!
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Two different lines:
"Hells yeah!"
"God damn it!"

KentaRawr!
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Two different lines:
"Hells yeah!"
"God damn it!"

PSP. God damn it.

>_> I had to.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Most of the time, what I'm saying at my TV is something along the lines of "AARGH!" or "CRAP!" I did find myself talking to an Repubic troop in Star Wars Battlefront once when he kept giving me ammo so I could continue my 41-kill spree.

Lost Number
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I always talk. Usually insulting my opponent. Even on online play.

YasuKaida
07-11-2006, 02:04 PM
I usually just curse at my tv >_>
haha same here:p

Moon Rabbits
07-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I do the grunt and curse thing sometimes, but that's usually all. I toss out a "How many times do I have to kill you" at those bosses that just keep coming back. Jenova answered back once, it was frightening.

O.O

I usually curse at the TV, or if someone is in the room I'll generally be talking to them and not paying attention as I mess up the game.

Shaun
07-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, I often do. I was playing New Super Mario Bros. the other day and I was at the final castle. I think I jumped on a Koopa Trooper just as it was standing up again from its shell state, and despite the fact I jumped on top of it, I was killed - and it was my last life!

"ARRRRGH! What the F**K!? Mario, you freaking tard!"

*hurls DS across room, which luckily hits a cushion*

Owen Macwere
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM

Lol, that happens to me too.:p

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
If I'm playing one player games like FF or KH, I'll talk smack to the tv at scenes where really awesome and really bad things happen. But I hardly ever talk to anyone who is in the room with me.

But in multi-player games I talk alot with the people around me, but most of it is smack, which I end up backing up anyways, so it's ok.

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Not usually. I did make a few nasty comments towards my Metroid Prime game recently though. I was doing some sequence breaking, and had gotten to the Omega Pirate without the X-Ray Visor or the Gravity Suit, only to learn that he can't be killed without the X-Ray Visor. Even if you aim the weapons directly at his weak point, they won't do damage if you can't see him. That pissed me off a bit...

Craig
07-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Only if there's someone around to talk to.

Ashley Schovitz
07-11-2006, 09:41 PM
No I don't that's silly

LunaticPandora37
07-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I yell...

BOOM HEADSHOT BOOM HEADSHOT BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!

Reeno the Alchemist
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
yea i talk to the games but can you blame me i never come out of my room hardly and i hate light and have very few friends in the outside world so its only natural fer me to talk to myself and to call the people in the games idiots *this is something i said while i was playing my new game full metal alchemist 2 the elixer something.. "Ed perform alchemy NOW al you dumbarse quit running in circles and help me kill these stupid religious guys!!!"

Omni-Odin
07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
I yell when I'm doin bad. Cuss out the TV.

And a lot of "oh my god are you serious" and "what the hell are you doing" if some character of mine is being stupid. UGH UGH UGH. =D

And that, lot's of that.

I Don't Need A Name
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
i usually shout something like "You stupid idiot!" or "Whats the point! REALLY?" or "OH YEAH!!!"

Kossage
07-12-2006, 07:54 PM
- - I do the cursing thing. And a lot of "oh my god are you serious" and "what the hell are you doing" if some character of mine is being stupid. UGH UGH UGH.

That's exactly what I do too, except that I don't curse, and instead I use other, "nicer" words with a similar function. :p

XxSephirothxX
07-12-2006, 07:59 PM
I yell a lot of nice, obscene words.

Jessweeee♪
07-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I narrate entire games as the main character sometimes. For instance:"I walked into the Seventh Heaven, just outside I could still hear Barett yelling at the drunks he had just chased out. In front of me was my old childhood friend Tifa, man she had a nice rack. She's rambling on about something again, maybe if I give her this flower she will shut up...." and so on.

:exdee:
No...unless I'm getting very frustrated because Sora won't kill the stupid heartless. JUST GET UP AND KILL THE STUPID THING!

Slothy
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
I often think out loud while playing a game, but I have a tendency to do that all the time anyway. I also know how to swear in three different languages, and depending on how things are going, I may or may not be getting a lot of practice.

BardTard
07-19-2006, 07:14 PM
When I'm losing I cuss alot, I shout DIE!!! NOOOOO!!! and such. and I repeat bad language like 5 times... lol. When I win I clap and say YAY ME! like London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zackand Cody. haha ... Sometimes I act out lines to FF8. It's fun. :D Once I had someone over and we split lines. He wasn't too thrilled so I acted out the part of everyone.

AdVenT
07-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Lol, I talk to myself alot when playin games but I have no idea what I do say:p

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-20-2006, 06:32 PM
When I'm playing Team Battle in Super Smash Bros. Melee with my brother and sister, I start laughing because sometimes my brother, sister, and me end up dying over crates and capsules exploding. When one of them gets upset I ask them what's wrong and it's about Ganondorf beating them. I talk to them about the neat way I fought Ganondorf. It's fun. We always beat him.:) :kaocheer:

JaytodaP
07-21-2006, 01:51 AM
I just popped this up while I was playing Ocarina of Time. I talk crap about ganon and make fun of him while i fight him and he ends up killing me and then i start making up excuses and someone walks in and starts laughing at me. but i hate that Navi!!! I want it to die.

Navi: look out blah blah blah
Me: Look out my foot up your ass!

sometimes i swear in portugese so my parents have now Idea what im saying......putas

Also I try imatating voice acting in Resident Evil

Shall we find IT first?

Don't..... Open.... THAT DOOR *does the robot*

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 06:30 PM
I've taken to dubbing over FFX myself. The voice acting was alright, but they didn't match the character's movements very well.