PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Ancient Library (literally)

Lucifer
07-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I dont' know if what I'm about to go over would be considered spoiling anything, but just in case: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD, WARNING!

I just got Ifrit and beat Byblos (oh and for the record I'm playing the ROM version) at the Ancient Library, "rescued" mid, and everything was fine and dandy. So I decided to go back into the library and battle some more page-monsters. I get into the first room with the moving bookcases and Lv. 5 Doom kills off two of my characters that just leveled up. I manage to win the fight, and I want to go back, but the bookcases won't move to let me back through no matter what I do.

Okay, cool, no problem, I'll just go all the way through to the end and use Mid's secret passage. Oh wait, that doesn't work either.

So yeah, I'm stuck inside the Ancient Library with no way out. I don't want to go back to my last save because it was before Byblos and I've already gained a couple levels with all the baddies I've fought. Does anyone have a solution to this??

Shin Gouken
07-08-2006, 10:56 AM
You go through certain rooms where the book cases move to let you through then close off behind you. I'm presuming this room is the one which blocks your path. There are certain spaces where you step which opens the route backwords. Try stepping on every floor space and/or pressing the action button against walls etc

abrojtm
07-08-2006, 05:05 PM
There is a passage somewhere that makes you pop out on the roof if I remember correctly.

boys from the dwarf
07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
fighting byblos again wouldnt be that bad. hes not too tough and it'll only take about 10 minutes to get there and beat him (depending on where you are.) having to redo that part is better than being stuck and it coud be a glitch and you might be trapped for good so it's definetly better than being forced to replay the game. just go back and beat byblos again. like i said it wont take long and its easier and faster than starting this thread and waiting for replies. if the info above doesnt work just go back and do it again.

Hayabusa
07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I thought I was stuck but you just need to touch opposing spots on the walls. you're not stuck man.

Hayabusa
07-19-2006, 08:19 PM
If you're still stuck here's a video.

THE VIDEO. Sorry it sucks. :( bad quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaXAfSLevqQ)

ok Apperently you can't even see that. nvm