PDA

View Full Version : I restarted..

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I restarted FFVIII because I was bored. So, you got any tips for me? I'm only at the beginning, if there is anything about junctioning you could tip me on, levelling up, let me know before I go offline to play it :p

~Setzer Gabianni

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Get Squall at level 13 before doind the field exam.

And before fighting Diablos make sure that:

Squall is at Level 23
Zell is at level 19
Selphie is at level 16

Also give Diablos to Squall.
And win a lot of cards at Balamb Garden.

Thatīs what i always do at the begining.

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh, is Triple Triad easy to play? I've never played it before ^^;;

~Setzer Gabianni

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 12:57 PM
At the begining is pretty easy just win the Ifrit card from beating Ifrit and the Diablos card from beating Diablos. And you wonīt find a single worthy opponent at Balamb city and Balamb Garden.
And since there is only the open rule in that area at the begining you wonīt have any problems gaining more and more cards and a few rare ones to.

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Is it similar to the FFIX card game?

~Setzer Gabianni

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 01:21 PM
No actually i think itīs easier...

It can be annoying when you get rules like random and plus but fot the most of it is easy.

Youīll get it pretty soon.

Iceglow
07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
learn card and card mod with quezacotl first forget the other abilities before the field exam. NO before Ifrit that is your main priority then card as many monsters as possible Also run in to the training centre and card grats and T-rexaur this makes it easier to play triple triad as you will get shumi and possibly some other cards from the boss section. Then win the Moogle card of the boy running around the centre of garden, follow this up in the canteen by playing the guys up the back the Quistis obsessed one has her card hard to win but cool non the less. then after the exam and getting the first mission to timber go back in to garden and play Cid in his office there you get the Seifer card and some other good cards too. Followed by in Timber play Watts as he holds the Angelo card. Take it from someone who played in every section and got rid off all the rules apart from open and same wall (which doesn't work unless the same rule is played) in every area of the game it's worth it. Though re-setting a lot is neccessarry and a few card games at certain times I know there is a FAQ on game Faqs for this if you wanna read it I didn't write it or even know who did but I did use it once and learnt a lot from it. Also never lose a GF/Player card without resetting as they are unique and once gone are hard to gain again (except from queen of cards on disc 4 but thats a pain in the ass really) the only time you need lose one of them cards is when losing Ifrit to General Caraway after the prison escape on disc 2 and thats to gain the Rinoa card plus you can win ifrit back in fishermans horizon.

Oh and as for junctioning :) junction 2 non related GFs to each character for example Ifrit and Shiva are a no-no Ifrit and Carbuncle however is great :) on the support GF (generally these are those with hp related damage eg. Diablos or status changing attacks with low or no damage caused eg. Carbuncle, doom train and siren) delete the moves that give the basic draw, magic and item command just keep the more important special commands also delete the moves that aren't going to be effective, Siren won't ever really do 9,999 damage so Sum mag + 10% is not worth keeping when you got sum mag + 40% just delete all the lower ones (10 and 20 % increase) and use a hypno crown (should give sum mag + 80% ability) and you get 5 to 8 free ability slots to teach your chars something cool. With every GF in game you can have 2 GF's per character thus meaning every character needs similar training also it means that with ultimate weapons ect ect when going to fight ulti at the end you get to use any party that is summoned to fight her from the start non of this "letting her kill and remove the dead wood" should take in excess of 300 hours to complete the game this way but it is actually a much better way to play the game.

Oh and one last thing (yeah I had to put an edit in for this) when fighting Diablos draw and stock Demi spells it's a pain as your mag stat sucks and his rocks but eventually you'll get a few just keep the hp out of his one hit KO range. When you get a few demi spells from him fire them back at him he'll cast curaga on the person who cast the spell. However you must Stock the spells for this to work and eventually you will need something like renzouken or duel to kick his ass down. I got diablos with a level 13 party using this tactic before I even left the garden.

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Is there any other way to get those cards mentioned? I suppose, I will have to save and restart if I ever lose a match ^^;;

~Setzer Gabianni

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
To get the Ifrit and Diablos card you have to beat them.

Most of them you have to win from other players you can win the Quistis card at the cafeteria from Trepie number 2 and the Zell card from is mother.

And you can win the Seifer card from Headmaster Cid
And other cards from the CC.

Zeromus_X
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
You could do what I do, which is very tedious, but makes the game easier in the long run. (Before you learn the refine abilities and get alot of refining items.)

Draw 300 of every spell (100 for three party members), as you encounter new magics. (Mute the TV to keep your sanity.) As this is very tedious, you may not want to do this. xD Taking less time, learning refining abilities can also get you early-on power magics.

The standard first abilities:

Learn Card-Mod from Quetzacotl. (This transforms cards into items, as I'm sure you know.) Learn all the Refining abilities from all your GFs. I think the Recover-Med Refining ability is from Siren, who you get after the field mission in Dollet. If you get the highest Recovery Item refining ability, you can get 100 Curagas from refining Tents. Junction those to your HP for a massive HP Boost earlier in the game. (And, a full stock of Curaga.) You can also do this for other power magics besides like Holy and Ultima or whatever, but you wouldn't get those until Disc 3 or so anyway.

To get alot of AP for the beginning of the game, fight the Fastitacolon (sp?) Fins on the beach on the Balamb continent. 6 AP a battle. Not bad, for the very beginning of the game.

Edit: Also, Bomb is a good early card to get, except all the other cards you can win of course. I generally don't play the card game, because I find it annoying, but I'm sure the rewards are very great.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Yes theyīre good to refine items.

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 07:55 PM
You could do what I do, which is very tedious, but makes the game easier in the long run. (Before you learn the refine abilities and get alot of refining items.)

Draw 300 of every spell (100 for three party members), as you encounter new magics. (Mute the TV to keep your sanity.) As this is very tedious, you may not want to do this. xD Taking less time, learning refining abilities can also get you early-on power magics.

The standard first abilities:

Learn Card-Mod from Quetzacotl. (This transforms cards into items, as I'm sure you know.) Learn all the Refining abilities from all your GFs. I think the Recover-Med Refining ability is from Siren, who you get after the field mission in Dollet. If you get the highest Recovery Item refining ability, you can get 100 Curagas from refining Tents. Junction those to your HP for a massive HP Boost earlier in the game. (And, a full stock of Curaga.) You can also do this for other power magics besides like Holy and Ultima or whatever, but you wouldn't get those until Disc 3 or so anyway.

To get alot of AP for the beginning of the game, fight the Fastitacolon (sp?) Fins on the beach on the Balamb continent. 6 AP a battle. Not bad, for the very beginning of the game.

Edit: Also, Bomb is a good early card to get, except all the other cards you can win of course. I generally don't play the card game, because I find it annoying, but I'm sure the rewards are very great.

I found out about the 6AP myself, and I like it very much! I'm not having all characters draw all the same magic, but I am trying to make sure everyone has equal amounts of magic, all at 100 :D

Thanks for the input guys!

~Setzer Gabianni

Xurts
07-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Whoa.

In this game, LEVELS DO NOT MATTER. Whoever suggests you be at a certain level before fighting an enemy is dead wrong and does not know what they are talking about. You can, and should, go through the game by gaining the LEAST LEVELS POSSIBLE. Not only does this make enemies weak, but it also opens a big door later on in the game after you get the Ragnarok.

What matters in this game is the Junction System. If you know how to use it, then you will be able to totally annihilate every enemy at any level, be it 7 or 100. Early on in the game, make sure to Draw 300 of every new magic. Once you get the GF item refining abilities, you will be able to refine very powerful magic from items early on in the game, so having to level up to draw them becomes highly unneccesary.

Come fights such as Diablos who have useful magic that can be drawn, it is essential that you have a high Magic stat. This is the key to drawing 9 spells every turn. Once you have a good spell Junctioned to your Magic stat, drawing should become much easier. You should also make sure not to neglect your Spirit and Vitality stats. Your Spirit stat determines how much damage magical attacks do, and your Vitality stat determines how much damage physical attacks do. Make sure to Junction strong magic to each of those stats as well.

Playing the Triple Triad card game makes the game MUCH easier. If you play alot of games, then you can use Quezacotl's Card Mod ability to mod cards into items that can be further refined into magic. This is how you can get poweful magic like Curaga, Meltdown, Pain, Break, Tornado, etc. early on in the game. I had spells like that before I fought Edea at the end of Disk 1. You can also mod cards into items needed for upgrading your weapons. Here is an awesome card walkthrough: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_cards_d.txt.

Now for what you do when you get the Rangarok in Disk 3. Your Levels should be at a maximum of 20. Go around and get the remaining GFs like Bahamut, Eden, Cactaur, etc. Once you have them all go to the Island Closest to Hell. Kill two of your characters. Equip the character who is alive with a GF that has the Abilityx4 skill, and then equip 4 of the 5 Bonues abilities (Str, Mag, HP, Spr, Vit). Next, Level that character all the way to 100 with this same setup. Each of your stats that had a Bonus ability equipped will have increased by 80 and your HP by 2400. After this it will be very easy to max out your stats at 255 and your HP at 9999.

Right now in my playthrough of the game, none of my characters have gained ONE level except for Squall, who is at Level 8. I'm mid-way through Disk 2 and I have just gotten Pandemona from Fujin.

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I was gonna post up my stats..but, er..don't you need to level up to learn skills and stand up against like, major attacks?

=/

~Setzer Gabianni

OOhh..I got a Jumbo Cactuar card from Glaciel Eye~

(=[ I love levelling up..*sniff*)

Zeromus_X
07-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Who suggested leveling up was important?

But yeah, that's really good advice. It's kinda funny, how this game works.

Edit: Setzer, you're supposed to generally find ways to get AP while not leveling up alot, until you find the Cactuars later on. But if it's your first time through the game, you don't have to bother with all of that low level stat-maxing.

But at lower levels with appropriate Junctions, your stats will be far above your enemies, because they too, are at a low level.

Qurange
07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Personally, I like to impose my own limits, but that's because I try to go through it 'realistically'. Don't ask. But, it's not like levelling up is some sort of sin. Personally, I tend to keep relatively low level, but I also just like the idea of having to refine the more powerful magic. It makes the SeeDs seem more professional.

And, of course, if you overlevel, the boss fights /are/ easier, as they have a level cap.

Setzer Gabianni
07-08-2006, 10:16 PM
I guess what I am going to do more then anything, is train each character equally, so noone is left at a dangerously low level - I'm going to make sure noone is too overlevelled just yet..

~Setzer Gabianni

Xurts
07-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Who suggested leveling up was important?

But yeah, that's really good advice. It's kinda funny, how this game works.

Edit: Setzer, you're supposed to generally find ways to get AP while not leveling up alot, until you find the Cactuars later on. But if it's your first time through the game, you don't have to bother with all of that low level stat-maxing.

But at lower levels with appropriate Junctions, your stats will be far above your enemies, because they too, are at a low level.
I was just saying that in general.

I don't expect Sezter to be as obessive as I am and not gain any levels. I'm just saying that you should keep your levels at a minimum. I don't think it is too hard to stay below 20. But of course it doesn't mean you have to start over if you go past it. It was just a suggestion so he could get the most out of the Bonus abilities.

Oh, and Sezter, the trick to gaining AP and no EXP is Carding enemies. It works best on Fastitacolan-Fs on the beaches. They give you 3 AP each. That should keep you learning abilities until Garden becomes mobile. Once you can roam around the planet, go to the Kashkabald Desert in Centra. It's directly west of Cactuar Island. Cactuars appear there, and they give you a crazy 20 AP per Cactaur. What's even better is that they give you very little EXP, like 10 at the most.

Ryushikaze
07-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Try for the disc 1 Lionheart

Xurts
07-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Try for the disc 1 Lionheart
That is going to take quite a long time. Especially since you would have to do the Seifer quest in order to get the Dragon Fangs. And I do not suggest taking the time to do that. It takes way too long.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Whoa.

In this game, LEVELS DO NOT MATTER. Whoever suggests you be at a certain level before fighting an enemy is dead wrong and does not know what they are talking about. You can, and should, go through the game by gaining the LEAST LEVELS POSSIBLE. Not only does this make enemies weak, but it also opens a big door later on in the game after you get the Ragnarok.

What matters in this game is the Junction System. If you know how to use it, then you will be able to totally annihilate every enemy at any level, be it 7 or 100. Early on in the game, make sure to Draw 300 of every new magic. Once you get the GF item refining abilities, you will be able to refine very powerful magic from items early on in the game, so having to level up to draw them becomes highly unneccesary.

Come fights such as Diablos who have useful magic that can be drawn, it is essential that you have a high Magic stat. This is the key to drawing 9 spells every turn. Once you have a good spell Junctioned to your Magic stat, drawing should become much easier. You should also make sure not to neglect your Spirit and Vitality stats. Your Spirit stat determines how much damage magical attacks do, and your Vitality stat determines how much damage physical attacks do. Make sure to Junction strong magic to each of those stats as well.

Playing the Triple Triad card game makes the game MUCH easier. If you play alot of games, then you can use Quezacotl's Card Mod ability to mod cards into items that can be further refined into magic. This is how you can get poweful magic like Curaga, Meltdown, Pain, Break, Tornado, etc. early on in the game. I had spells like that before I fought Edea at the end of Disk 1. You can also mod cards into items needed for upgrading your weapons. Here is an awesome card walkthrough: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_cards_d.txt.

Now for what you do when you get the Rangarok in Disk 3. Your Levels should be at a maximum of 20. Go around and get the remaining GFs like Bahamut, Eden, Cactaur, etc. Once you have them all go to the Island Closest to Hell. Kill two of your characters. Equip the character who is alive with a GF that has the Abilityx4 skill, and then equip 4 of the 5 Bonues abilities (Str, Mag, HP, Spr, Vit). Next, Level that character all the way to 100 with this same setup. Each of your stats that had a Bonus ability equipped will have increased by 80 and your HP by 2400. After this it will be very easy to max out your stats at 255 and your HP at 9999.

Right now in my playthrough of the game, none of my characters have gained ONE level except for Squall, who is at Level 8. I'm mid-way through Disk 2 and I have just gotten Pandemona from Fujin.

No no no...i always keep my characters with high levels since the begining with the hp juction you donīt have any trouble, i defeated Seifer, Edea, Fugin, Ragin, Biggs, Wedge an others using only the atack command i do know what iīm talking about and it pays off.

Xurts
07-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Keeping your levels low will have a higher pay off in the long run if you use the Bonus abilities. If you level normally, then your characters will be much weaker when they get to 100.

If you Junction good magic to your strength, then you will be able to take out pretty much any boss with physical attacks.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Yes but iīll give you an example for example my Zell finished disk 1 at level 39 or 40 i donīt quite remember and still finished the game with max streght,max vitality and almost max magic.

All you have to do is use the +1 ability and you will end the game with all characters at level 100 and with pretty high stats.

HolyMackeral
07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Just thought id throw this in there for anyone who doesnt know (though probably you all do) or is feeling a little confused about why to stay at a low level, because it hasn't really been pointed out yet that any enemy you fight will have the same level as Squall - so as you level up so do the monsters. Staying at a low level but boosting your stats with junctions will make you a lot stronger than monsters at your level

G SpOtZ
07-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Just thought id throw this in there for anyone who doesnt know (though probably you all do) or is feeling a little confused about why to stay at a low level, because it hasn't really been pointed out yet that any enemy you fight will have the same level as Squall - so as you level up so do the monsters. Staying at a low level but boosting your stats with junctions will make you a lot stronger than monsters at your level
As you stay at a lower level, and the monsters stay low too, the monsters will have weaker spells to draw, and having low level spells are not very good for junctioning and boosting your stats. Having high level spells for junctioning is most definitely important to be a strong fighter.

EDIT: Although, I guess you could use magic refining abilities gained from your GFs.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Bingo.

Nick Schovitz
07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Don't forget to get Tonberry King even if he's the worst summon and at the beginning when you take the field exam the goal to getting a high rank is do not talk to anyone else there, defeat a lot of enemies and don't jump off the ledge like Selphie did, just go around, oh and the time that you make it back to the ship also affects it but you automatically get the highest rank if you defeat the machine, but I thin it's impossible, don't forget to save the dog on your way leaving.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 01:11 AM
It's possible, you just need to get all the Summon-Magic Damage+ (or whatever they're called) for Quetzacotl, and Boost, and other things, and then you can kill it repedeatly for more points.

Setzer Gabianni
07-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Don't forget to get Tonberry King even if he's the worst summon and at the beginning when you take the field exam the goal to getting a high rank is do not talk to anyone else there, defeat a lot of enemies and don't jump off the ledge like Selphie did, just go around, oh and the time that you make it back to the ship also affects it but you automatically get the highest rank if you defeat the machine, but I thin it's impossible, don't forget to save the dog on your way leaving.

The dog..dies if you don't save it? It was perfectly fine when the machine ran by it xD

~Setzer Gabianni

EDIT: I'm currently at Timber, on the train - here are my stats:

Squall - LV16, 873 HP, Revolver - GF's junctioned: Shiva (Sally), Diablos (Chaos)
Str - 33, Vit - 26, Mag - 22, Spr - 20, Spd - 23, Luck - 16, Eva - 1%, Hit - 255%

J Str - Fire 100
J Vit - Cure 100
J Mag - Thunder 100
J Spr - Sleep 100

Once Diablos learns J HP, I can add Curaga to Squall's HP. Thanks to the Life/Recovery Refine ability, I was able to get Curagas from Wizard Stones.

Zell - LV10, 1177HP - Metal Knuckle - GF's Junctioned - Ifrit

Str - 31, Vit - 7, Mag - 7, Spr - 5, Spd - 22, Luck - 15, Eva - 1%, Hit 98%

Elemental Attack - Blizzard - 50 junctioned I think
J HP - Curaga 25
J Str - Fire 100

Selphie - LV9, 1070HP - Flail - GF's Junctioned - Quezlcoatl (Zapdos), Siren (Celes)
Str - 19, Vit - 20, Mag - 22, Spr - 7, Spd - 17, Luck - 19, Eva - 1%, Hit 98%

Status Attack - Blind 13%
Status Defense - Esuna 27 - 5% defense against all but 3 status effects.

J HP - Curaga 25, J Vit - Cure 100, Mag - Sleep 100

I also got Diablos on my first try, and I loved using Selphies Full Cure when HP was low!

Xurts
07-09-2006, 08:50 AM
They actually depend on the average level of your entire party, not just Squall.

Setzer, it's easier to refine Curagas from Tents. Since 1 Tent = 50 Curagas. Refine the Wizard Stones into Thundagas, Blizzagas, and Firagas. You can get more Wizard Stones once you have access to the Timber Pet Shop. Buy a bunch of the Scrolls there. Use Siren's Tool-RF ability to refine them in Wizard Stones. The Scrolls are fairly expensive so just run around awhile until you get your SeeD salary.

Remember to draw 300 Esunas and Doubles from the upcoming boss fight with Gerogero! If he gives you any status ailments just draw and cast Esuna on yourself. This makes the fight pretty easy.

Setzer Gabianni
07-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I'll have to get more tents though, otherwise, I would have refined them - right now, I ain't rolling in money, and tents cost a LOT D:. I'l note down what ya said thanks :D - it may take a while though, but it's better to get them early, rather then to do it later on.

~Setzer Gabianni

Xurts
07-09-2006, 08:58 AM
What is your SeeD rank?

I'd say that the train ride is the best time to work up some cash. Either then or your trip to Galbadia Garden. There are no random battles on the train, so you can run around as much as you like until you get your salaries.

If your HP starts to get low during the fight with Gerogero, have someone use a Potion or some Cure magic (not Curaga!). If Selphie gets her Limit, be sure to use Full-cure. I remember that drawing 600 spells makes the battle quite long, and someone is bound to run low on HP, even if they have a lot.

Setzer Gabianni
07-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Seed Rank..er..It's the one where you get 2000gil every so often ^^;;

~Setzer Gabianni

I know of the cheat though to get more dosh, just find the answers to the Tests :D

Xurts
07-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Seed Rank..er..It's the one where you get 2000gil every so often ^^;;

~Setzer Gabianni

I know of the cheat though to get more dosh, just find the answers to the Tests :D
It's right below your playing time in the menu screen. The word "SeeD" should be by it. If you're only getting 2,000, then it isn't very high at all. Pass a couple tests until you get at least 7,000-10,000.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-09-2006, 10:28 AM
They actually depend on the average level of your entire party, not just Squall.

Setzer, it's easier to refine Curagas from Tents. Since 1 Tent = 50 Curagas. Refine the Wizard Stones into Thundagas, Blizzagas, and Firagas. You can get more Wizard Stones once you have access to the Timber Pet Shop. Buy a bunch of the Scrolls there. Use Siren's Tool-RF ability to refine them in Wizard Stones. The Scrolls are fairly expensive so just run around awhile until you get your SeeD salary.

Remember to draw 300 Esunas and Doubles from the upcoming boss fight with Gerogero! If he gives you any status ailments just draw and cast Esuna on yourself. This makes the fight pretty easy.

And since Squall will probably be a bunch of levels higher than your other characters the enemy boss will be pretty easy. Thatīs what i did i also refined curagas from wizard stones handed out by that boss in the Training Area. The results were great since my Zell already had more than 3000 hp at the begining.
And Xurts is right draw as much as you can from Gerogero if he becomes a threat finish it with a good old...you probably now it already;)

Setzer Gabianni
07-12-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm on Disc 2 now, I would have been going to see the Shumi Tribe, however, thanks to me dying from an Iai Blow to each of my characters and not saving beforehand, I ended up being right back at the bit just before you fight that tank thing which you had to fight at the desert prison. I remember what the right composition is, you have to choose Guitar, Tap, Flute, and Violin :D

I'm also getting good at playing the Card Game! I got Minimog, quistis, - I just use all my high cards on students and others at balamb XD - what's the sudden death rule tho?

~Setzer Gabbiani

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Sudden Death means that if there is a draw then you will automatically start another game but some of your cards are used by your opponent and your opponent uses some of your cards, until there is a winner.

Setzer Gabianni
07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
I think you meant to say your opponent uses some of your cards, and you use some of theirs? If I ever have to play a sudden death match against someone out of Balamb, I will have to save beforehand.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Setzer Gabianni
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Stats so far:

Disc 3, Just off to find the White SeeD ship.

Quistis, Squall, and Irvine are my current team:

Quistis - Lv19 HP - 2517
Elemental Defense - Protect + Life (Both got 100 for) First 3 elements 50%, the rest 30%

HP - Curaga (39)
Str - Bio = 80 (100)
Vit - Esuna = 45 (99)
Mag - Double = 31 (100)
Spr - Haste = 32 (100)

Special - Laser Eye, Ultra Waves, Electrocute, LV?Death, Degenerator, Gatling Gun, Fire Breath

Ability - HP + 40%, Str + 20%, Str + 40%

GF's - Ifrit, Brothers, Parker (Summon which does Ruby Light), Edgar (Alexander)

I often switch this set up with Zell

Squall LV 43, HP - 9237 (Has Cutting Trigger)

Elemental Defense - Life (98) <-- Forgot to write the %'s

HP - Curaga (100)
Str - Ultima = 90 (44)
Vit - Protect = 65 (100)
Mag - Slow = 48 (100)
Spr - Death = 81 (100)

Ability - HP+40%, HP+80%, Luck+50%

GF's - Sally (Shiva), Pandemona, Chaos (Diablos), Bob (Tonberry)

I often switch this set up with Rinoa, and she sometimes gets Zells stuff, if she is on the same team as Squall.

Irvine LV19 HP - 3137

Status Attack - Pain (6) - 6%
Status Defense - Reflect (8) - 2%
Elemental Defense - Shell + Thundara - (100) Everything is 20%, apart from Thunder damage which is 100%

HP - Curaga (100)
Str - Fira = 40 (100)
Vit - Dispel = 49 (100)
Mag - Zombie = 46 (100)
Spr - Esuna = 46 (100)
Hit - Thundaga = 113% (43)

GF's - Zapdos (Quezlcoatl), Celes (Siren), Leviathan, Cerberus.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Xurts
07-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Stats so far:

Disc 3, Just off to find the White SeeD ship.

Quistis, Squall, and Irvine are my current team:

Quistis - Lv19 HP - 2517
Elemental Defense - Protect + Life (Both got 100 for) First 3 elements 50%, the rest 30%

HP - Curaga (39)
Str - Bio = 80 (100)
Vit - Esuna = 45 (99)
Mag - Double = 31 (100)
Spr - Haste = 32 (100)

Special - Laser Eye, Ultra Waves, Electrocute, LV?Death, Degenerator, Gatling Gun, Fire Breath

Ability - HP + 40%, Str + 20%, Str + 40%

GF's - Ifrit, Brothers, Parker (Summon which does Ruby Light), Edgar (Alexander)

I often switch this set up with Zell

Squall LV 43, HP - 9237 (Has Cutting Trigger)

Elemental Defense - Life (98) <-- Forgot to write the %'s

HP - Curaga (100)
Str - Ultima = 90 (44)
Vit - Protect = 65 (100)
Mag - Slow = 48 (100)
Spr - Death = 81 (100)

Ability - HP+40%, HP+80%, Luck+50%

GF's - Sally (Shiva), Pandemona, Chaos (Diablos), Bob (Tonberry)

I often switch this set up with Rinoa, and she sometimes gets Zells stuff, if she is on the same team as Squall.

Irvine LV19 HP - 3137

Status Attack - Pain (6) - 6%
Status Defense - Reflect (8) - 2%
Elemental Defense - Shell + Thundara - (100) Everything is 20%, apart from Thunder damage which is 100%

HP - Curaga (100)
Str - Fira = 40 (100)
Vit - Dispel = 49 (100)
Mag - Zombie = 46 (100)
Spr - Esuna = 46 (100)
Hit - Thundaga = 113% (43)

GF's - Zapdos (Quezlcoatl), Celes (Siren), Leviathan, Cerberus.

~Setzer Gabbiani
Whenever you Junction ANY type of magic to a stat, always have 100, and never use it. Refine 300 Curas and use those for healing until you have stronger magic for your HP like Regen. Then you can un-junction Curaga and use that, and then throw away your Curas.

Instead of Protect for Elem-Def-J, use Shell. It's much better. Shell + Life should give you 50% for every element.

Those 2 HP+xx% aren't necessary. I would take both of those out and switch them with more useful abilities. It makes it harder to get access to your Limits, and nothing will ever hurt you for more than 2000 at this point in the game.

Refine some Demis and Quake/Tornadoes for your Magic and Strength, respectively. I don't think I ever had Zombie or some of those other magics Junctioned.

Zeromus_X
07-18-2006, 10:54 PM
You dont't need to hold onto all your magic. You can use some of it. As long as you don't use like 20 a battle, you'll be fine if you re-draw/refine more. I don't understand why people keep saying 'don't use your magic you must have 100 at all times or your stats will suffer tremendously!!1'.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Thatīs a low level party although it doensīt make a difference...i would prefer to keep everyone a bit stronger.

Xurts
07-18-2006, 11:02 PM
You dont't need to hold onto all your magic. You can use some of it. As long as you don't use like 20 a battle, you'll be fine if you re-draw/refine more. I don't understand why people keep saying 'don't use your magic you must have 100 at all times or your stats will suffer tremendously!!1'.
It isn't hard not to use Junctioned magic. I would be annoyed at always having to refine more magic when I used it. I rarely ever use any magic, be it Junctioned or not. I just stick with commands. The only magic that I will use regularly is Aura, and that is only when I really want to kick some ass.

When you start getting more powerful spells like Full-Life, Ultima, Meteor, etc. your stats will drop suprisingly fast when you use them, and they are not easily refined either. So it's best just to leave them alone.

lol. Those levels are actually about medium-high. High levels = weaker party.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-18-2006, 11:10 PM
It isn't hard not to use Junctioned magic. I would be annoyed at always having to refine more magic when I used it. I rarely ever use any magic, be it Junctioned or not. I just stick with commands. The only magic that I will use regularly is Aura, and that is only when I really want to kick some ass.

When you start getting more powerful spells like Full-Life, Ultima, Meteor, etc. your stats will drop suprisingly fast when you use them, and they are not easily refined either. So it's best just to leave them alone.

I desagree enterely my party is all at level 100 and is pretty powerfull, all of them have 9999 hp and most of their stats are between 200 and 250, itīs all a matter of giving good abilities to your GF and this was before the final batle with Ultimecia and the GFīs are all divided between all of my characters.

Xurts
07-18-2006, 11:14 PM

I desagree enterely my party is all at level 100 and is pretty powerfull, all of them have 9999 hp and most of their stats are between 200 and 250, itīs all a matter of giving good abilities to your GF and this was before the final batle with Ultimecia and the GFīs are all divided between all of my characters.
Just think how much stronger you could've been if you would've stayed at a low level and then equiped Stat Bonuses and increased 4 of them by 80-90 points. You would be a hell of alot stronger than you are now, no doubt about it.

And instead of using all of those Stat+xx% abilities, you could've used better and more useful ones like Auto-Haste, Initiative, Expend 2x-1, etc., etc.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-18-2006, 11:34 PM

Just think how much stronger you could've been if you would've stayed at a low level and then equiped Stat Bonuses and increased 4 of them by 80-90 points. You would be a hell of alot stronger than you are now, no doubt about it.

And instead of using all of those Stat+xx% abilities, you could've used better and more useful ones like Auto-Haste, Initiative, Expend 2x-1, etc., etc.

Three of my Gfs possesse Auto-Haste:Cerberus, Cactuar and Leviathan
Pandemona, Eden and another one that i can remember have Initiative
I donīt really use the Expend 2x-1 abilitie but i know two of my Gfs have it

And while they leveled up i used Str+1,Vit+1,Mag+1,Spr+1 bonus
After returning from the Lunar base my characters levels were:

Squall=Level 71
Zell=Level 57
Selphie=Level 52
Quistis and Irvine=Level 40+
Rinoa=Level 38

Then i leveled them up to 100

Zeromus_X
07-18-2006, 11:36 PM
When he means 'low levels', he means under 20. (If not the initial levels.)

Xurts
07-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Well that is decent then. You should still keep low levels to maximize their effect though.

Right, Zeromus. Initial levels are pretty hard to keep though, especially for Squall.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Perhaps youīre right but since most of them already have 250 itīs not necessary...maybe iīll try the low level technique the next time i play...

Xurts
07-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Perhaps youīre right but since most of them already have 250 itīs not necessary...maybe iīll try the low level technique the next time i play...
Do you have any Stat+xx% abilities equipped?

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Do you have any Stat+xx% abilities equipped?

Yes i do i have Irvine with Streght+60, Zell with Magic+6o...and more i would have to check but iīm yo lazy to go put my FF8 on the PS2 and see it...:eep:

Setzer Gabianni
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
AHEM! My topic here XD

1. My party, I originally trained to keep at roughly the same level, even though Squall always gained more experience. However, when I chose a party to go to Galbadia Garden, I had to stick with that party, so I couldn't switch to train - I think, so I stuck with Zell and Selphie (I got to use Rapture, yey!) - I now plan to do a bit of training with Quistis and Irvine, though I HATE using Quistis because her limits suck.

Okey, I'll equip Shell to my defense instead, get rid of the lower of my HP+ abilities, not sure which other ability I should equip tho and as for the other magic:

a) Not all enemies I have encountered have the right magic I need to Draw
b) Not come across enough monsters which have Demi, Quakes and Tornadoes yet.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Laugh at face of Danger
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
where were you at the diablos fight then? he has demi Ž_Ž if not, refine some stell orbs, dropped by wendigo, i think that's demi

refine tornados from windmills dropped by thrustaevious

and quakes... find some sand worms in the desert by the prison

Setzer Gabianni
07-19-2006, 08:15 AM
1) When fighting Diablos, Draw never seemed to work well enough for me, and so far, only one character has Demi to 100 - when I get a Wendigo, I will fight them, but where are they?
2) Gotcha on the Tornadoes, however, I am unable to get them right now
3) Same thing with the Tornadoes

~Setzer Gabbiani

Disco Potato
07-19-2006, 07:54 PM
This is kind of early, but when you start going to Cactuar Island to get AP give Initiative to the person/people with a high Hit % (as close to 255% as possible - Triple junctions well). This way, barring a back attack from the Cactuars (in which case they usually flee), your characters have a very good chance of killing multiple Cactuars in one shot, potentially giving you 80 AP in one go :D

Also, you may already know this, but when I want to raise my other character's levels and not Squall's, I use a Break spell on him and switch my characters around depending on who's at a good level/needs to be higher level (when I say "higher level" I mean Squall's level, since from what I can tell monsters are the same level as the highest level character in your group, which is usually Squall). When a character has Break on them they don't take any damage, can't do damage, and don't get experience.

Laugh at face of Danger
07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
When I get a Wendigo, I will fight them, but where are they?

Some are right next to Deling City, all over the Galbadian Continent on the orangey red area of dirt - they're yellow and green basketball playing bullies! you'll know when you see them

Xurts
07-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Setzer:

Playing the Triple Triad card game makes the game MUCH easier. If you play alot of games, then you can use Quezacotl's Card Mod ability to mod cards into items that can be further refined into magic. This is how you can get poweful magic like Curaga, Meltdown, Pain, Break, Tornado, etc. early on in the game. I had spells like that before I fought Edea at the end of Disk 1. You can also mod cards into items needed for upgrading your weapons.

You couldn't draw Demis from Diablos because your Magic stat wasn't high enough. You should've been able to get 200 easily with a -ga spell Junctioned.

If you want powerful spells with low levels, you will not be able to draw them from enemies. You need to refine magic from items. And to get those items without fighting, you need to mod cards.

1 Wendigo Card = 1 Steel Orb = 15 Demi (Diablos's Time Mag-RF)
2 T-Rexaur/1 Armadodo Card = 1 Dino Bone = 20 Quake (Diablos's Time Mag-RF)
1 Abyss Worm Card = 1 Windmill = 20 Tornado (Quezacotl's T Mag-RF)
1 Gayla Card = 1 Mystery Fluid = 10 Meltdown (Diablos's ST Mag-RF)
1 Tonberry Card = 1 Chef's Knife = 30 Death (Siren's L Mag-RF)
1 Tri-Face Card = 1 Curse Spike = 10 Pain (Diablos's ST Mag-RF)
1 Cockatrice Card = 1 Cockatrice Pinion = 20 Break (Diablos's ST Mag-RF)
1 Elastoid Card = 1 Steel Pipe = 20 Berserk (Diablos's ST Mag-RF)
1 Forbidden Card = 1 Betrayal Sword = 20 Confuse (Diablos's ST Mag-RF)
1 Mesmerize Card = 1 Mesmerize Blade = 20 Regen (Siren's L Mag-RF)

That's all I can think of right now.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-19-2006, 09:11 PM
You can also find them in the forests near Timber and at the big forest near Dollet.

Mirage
07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Keep your levels as low as possible, and exploit the junction system to get an edge over the enemies. Get the Card command as fast as possible, and card enemies instead of killing them. Buy Tents and refine them into Curaga for massive HP. Refine Water from the Fish Fins and Fasticolation(sp?) cards. Play Triple Triad and get Abyss worm cards, they refine into Windmills which again refine into Tornadoes. Get Mezmerize cards and refine them into Mezmerize Blades, they refine into Regen, another good spell for HP junction. These things should be good for a start.

Oh, someone listed them already. Nevermind then.

Xurts
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
1. My party, I originally trained to keep at roughly the same level, even though Squall always gained more experience. However, when I chose a party to go to Galbadia Garden, I had to stick with that party, so I couldn't switch to train - I think, so I stuck with Zell and Selphie (I got to use Rapture, yey!) - I now plan to do a bit of training with Quistis and Irvine, though I HATE using Quistis because her limits suck.
Quistis's Limits can be very useful once you teach her the right skills. Mighty Guard, Micro Missiles, Bad Breath, Degenerator, White Wind, Shockwave Pulsar? Awesome.

Rokk
07-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Quistis's Limits can be very useful once you teach her the right skills. Mighty Guard, Micro Missiles, Bad Breath, Degenerator, White Wind, Shockwave Pulsar? Awesome.

Ohh-ohh, Selphies limit break is great!!! W00t Selphie!!!!:mog:

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't mean to bother the thread, but what determines the success of Card?

Qurange
07-19-2006, 11:44 PM
It's easier to use if the enemy is affected by bad status and at low HP.

Xurts
07-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Yeah. If you take out at least half of their HP they should Card pretty easily. That's why I love Quistis's Micro Missiles so much.

Setzer Gabianni
07-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Everyone's pretty much got Tornado, and hell did I love seeing Quistis' attack go up to 128. Found the Wendigos now :D - stat update sometime soon!

OOoh - how do you get Turtle Shells? I need one more so I can get Squalls most powerful weapon so far.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Xurts
07-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Everyone's pretty much got Tornado, and hell did I love seeing Quistis' attack go up to 128. Found the Wendigos now :D - stat update sometime soon!

OOoh - how do you get Turtle Shells? I need one more so I can get Squalls most powerful weapon so far.

~Setzer Gabbiani
3 Adamantoise/2 X-ATM092 cards will mod into 1 Turtle Shell. You can win them from Armadodoes too. They can be found in the TUK (Tomb of the Unknown King).

Setzer Gabianni
07-21-2006, 08:15 AM
I've also got 100 Flares for each character, drew them from Abadon :D - when I get access to the outside world again, I'ma go for Tomb of the Unknown king ^^

~Setzer Gabbiani

Zeromus_X
07-21-2006, 08:22 AM
What part of the story are you in now, Setzer?

You'll love the Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell.

Setzer Gabianni
07-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Just coming up to Esthar my dear, about to have another one of those dreams, my final one I think..not sure.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-21-2006, 10:54 AM
So you still donīt have the Brothers GF?
I always get them when you do the Deling City part they have some nice abilities that come in handy during the game...

Lionheart00
07-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Me too......I mean, they are right there and you can beat them then.....it's not like they are super strong then............

Setzer Gabianni
07-21-2006, 02:25 PM
T_T I do have the brothers GF, I don't have to mention everything I get do I? Why assume I didn't get them? GAH, how annoying. I've been through this game several times before, if you paid attention to stats I have POSTED, you will see THE BROTHERS are junctioned to one of my party members, but obviously people still can't read =.= - all I did was ask on where to get Turtle Shells, as I didn't fight a lot of creatures that gave them, and I don't even have turtle shells on me at all right now.

How infuriating.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
T_T I do have the brothers GF, I don't have to mention everything I get do I? Why assume I didn't get them? GAH, how annoying. I've been through this game several times before, if you paid attention to stats I have POSTED, you will see THE BROTHERS are junctioned to one of my party members, but obviously people still can't read =.= - all I did was ask on where to get Turtle Shells, as I didn't fight a lot of creatures that gave them, and I don't even have turtle shells on me at all right now.

How infuriating.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Geeze donīt blow up an artery or something...i just assumed you didnīt got the Brothers GF because you said you still had to go there and there are other places to get turtle shells...:eep:

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-21-2006, 04:14 PM
lets stop this thread if he dont wannt are help and gonna talk to us like that then we shouldnt help him

Iceglow
07-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Is there any other way to get those cards mentioned? I suppose, I will have to save and restart if I ever lose a match ^^;;

~Setzer Gabianni

Well it depends on if you lose a valuble card for example losing a shumi tribe card (NORG) is not going to be the end of the world as you can go fight Grats and T-Rexaurs untill you manage to card another however if losing the match means losing a player or GF card then unfortunately it's a case of restart but not to worry none of those cards are particulary hard to get :) Seifer and Quistis being player cards are obviously the hardest ones and also you'll earn a major deck of quite good monster cards if you keep playing there too for example the kid with mini-mog has all the level 1 -3 cards (if I remember right) and Cid has most of the level 4 and 5 cards (including biggs and wedge cards which refine in to X-potions which means great for tight spots in the story if you are forced to junction restorative magic.) It's a case of being patient about it and if failing re-starting the FAQ I told you about before is *hunts for said FAQ on game-faqs* here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_cards_d.txt)
Follow that and you can't really go wrong apart from if you have card learnt then the remaining matches you need not gain any levels from as carding them means no XP whilst still gaining AP

Setzer Gabianni
07-21-2006, 09:50 PM
lets stop this thread if he dont wannt are help and gonna talk to us like that then we shouldnt help him

I'm a her, read my profile, and if you can't read things properly, then don't post. Also, noone helped me there exactly, just assumed I hadn't done something as simple as that. Since when you did you come and help me in this thread? You've never posted anything, not one thing, so don't include yourself in this. It's not as if I hate Jimmy, he's been very helpful, and I would GLADLY appreciate his future help.

Thanks for the help Ice

~Setzer Gabbiani

Xurts
07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I would suggest that you just mod a couple Adamantoise cards to get the Turtle Shells. It is much easier than having to wait until you get the Ragnarok to fly to the TUK to get some. You should be able to find some Adamantoise cards by playing the people in Esthar. Just make sure you spread Open first.

Setzer Gabianni
07-21-2006, 10:02 PM
What do you mean sorry, by spreading? o_o

~Setzer Gabbiani

Xurts
07-21-2006, 10:06 PM
What do you mean sorry, by spreading? o_o

~Setzer Gabbiani
Since Esthar does not use the Open rule, you can spread it to that region by playing a game with someone and mixing rules. Just play a game in a region that has the Open rule (like Balamb), and then play someone in Esthar. They should ask you if you want to mix rules, say yes. When you do this, you will play with all of the rules in both regions. For example, if you choose to play a game mixing FH's and Esthar's rules, all of FH's rules and Esthar's rules will be in play during that game. After you play them, you should get a message saying: "The Open rule has spread throughout this region". This means that people in Esthar will now use the Open rule in card games.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you play cards?

Setzer Gabianni
07-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Quite often, I've done more playing then I ever have done, but now the rules are getting more complicated, I am trying to play near people who are near a save spot, otherwise, if I lose a card, and don't get it back, Im gonna have to restart, and go back to the said person, and fight em again.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Iceglow
07-22-2006, 05:57 PM
that FAQ will tell you all the spreading and deleting rules in an area and when you can pre-empt changing the rules of an area I.E. in Gabaldia garden (disc 1) there is an exchange student near the ice rink from Trabia Garden playing them allows you to modify the rules in Trabia before disc 2 or 3 (not everyone chooses to play cards the first time through the area) thus allowing much easier eradication of that pesky random rule and not with using the more extreme modding all but player and gf cards idea.

Xurts
07-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Quite often, I've done more playing then I ever have done, but now the rules are getting more complicated, I am trying to play near people who are near a save spot, otherwise, if I lose a card, and don't get it back, Im gonna have to restart, and go back to the said person, and fight em again.

~Setzer Gabbiani
Wait until you get to Lunar Station, then you are really going to love the rules.

If you don't like the rules in a certain region, you can change them. I always abolish Random in every region except for Lunar, which I will do later in the game.

The trick to changing rules is mixing rules from two different regions until a rule is either abolished or spread. If you play a game in a region you will be carrying that region's rules. So when you challenge someone to a game in a different region with different rules, he/she will ask you if you want to play a game using the rules from both regions. For someone to mix rules you have to be carrying rules that are not used in that specific region. When you mix rules, 1 of either 3 things can happen: 1) A rule in the region you are playing in is abolished. 2) A rule from the other region spreads. 3) Nothing happens. If you get an outcome that you don't want, then you have to restart and try again. Keep restarting until you get your desired outcome.

Let's say you want to abolish the Random and Elemental rules in Dollet, and you want to spread Open. First, you would play a game in Balamb so you would be carrying Balamb's rules. Next, go to Dollet and challenge someone, and say yes when they ask you if you want to mix rules. Once you're done playing, you will get 1 of the 3 possible outcomes I mentioned above. Keep restarting until Open spreads. Then play a game in a region that uses different rules than Dollet, like Galbadia or FH, and return to Dollet and mix rules again. Keep restarting until either Random or Elemental is abolished. Once one of them gets abolished, go back to that region and pick up the rules again. Play another game in Dollet and keep restarting until the last rule (either Random or Elemental) is abolished. Once you do this, Dollet will only have the Open rule, which will make card games much easier. You can use this exact same technique in any region whose rules you don't like.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-22-2006, 08:52 PM
It might be a long processe if you keep trying to change the rules but i think that after the Lunar base part you can still have the open rule in Esthar and you can challenge the old man by the FH bridge for card games he was pretty good cards.

Setzer Gabianni
07-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Wow, once I get Squall back down to planet earth, I'll note this down and have fun with the card rulesies..and other secret stuff :3

~Setzer Gabbiani

Iceglow
07-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Sorry to say this one to you at this precise moment in time. Yet if you don't have the Shiva card (obtainable on the White SeeD ship) then your chance has gone also...Ellone has the Laguna card. If you haven't changed the rules in Lunar base (which affect the space station) then you'll have a hard time getting it. Personally I would re-start to the point where you can either make up for missing out at first or complete the card sub quests alongside the main story.

Setzer Gabianni
07-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Wait - restart so I can get some cards? After all the hours I've put in gameplay, no way am I restarting. I'll lose passion to play. Sorry ;P

~Setzer Gabbiani

EDIT: I've got hold of the Ragnarok, and If I can, I'm going to go Tears Point, unless access is denied, because then I've missed out on Doomtrain, but I won't be too bothered. I'll go to get Bahamut, get some cards, and make sure everyone gets their Ultimate Weapons. Can someone give me a list on where to get the items?

Qurange
07-23-2006, 08:48 PM
You can still get it if you complete the CC Club Card Quest, and then it's available on the Ragnarok on Disc 4, with all other rare cards you don't have.

Setzer Gabianni
07-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Still get what sorry? XD

~Setzer Gabbiani

Qurange
07-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh, the Shiva card and other rare cards.

Xurts
07-23-2006, 09:18 PM
If you've beaten the CC Group they will be in the Ragnarok on Disk 4, and they will have every rare card in the game except for the ones that you get from the Queen of Cards quest.

Setzer Gabianni
07-23-2006, 09:34 PM
So I just go back to Balamb Garden, beat the CC group? and whats the Queen of Cards quest? All this card stuff seems a bit too much for me ^^;; I'll see what I can do after visiting Tear's Point and going to get Bahamut.

~Setzer Gabbiani

EDIT: Oh, please give me locations of the other CC members, I've already beaten Jack

Xurts
07-23-2006, 10:21 PM
So I just go back to Balamb Garden, beat the CC group? and whats the Queen of Cards quest? All this card stuff seems a bit too much for me ^^;; I'll see what I can do after visiting Tear's Point and going to get Bahamut.

~Setzer Gabbiani

EDIT: Oh, please give me locations of the other CC members, I've already beaten Jack
Lol. There are tons of card-related errands you have to do in the game. You should be following that Card Walkthrough I posted earlier. I suppose I can be really nice and post a link to it again. Sister's Card Walkthrough (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...ii_cards_d.txt). That is very, very good. It explains everything related to cards.

Club can be found walking between the Cafeteria, Dormitories, and Parking Lot. He has black hair and wears a SeeD uniform. Joker can be found on the planks in the Training Center. Through the right door. The Diamond Duo stand by the directory, and they enter from the bottom of the screen. Spade is the guy who gave you your starter's deck of cards. He is in the 2F hallway wearing green. Heart is actually Xu. She is at the 3F bridge. After you defeat Heart, go and challenge Dr. Kadawoki. She says that she used to be King, but she gave it up to someone. Go to your dormitory and save. Then choose to take a nap. King should come during the night and challenge you. I won't tell you who King is because that would spoil the suprise!

oh boy, now the QoC....
If you loose certain cards intentionally to the QoC (Queen of Cards), and you send her to Dollet, she will give the card you lost to her to her artist father, and he will make a new card based on the card you lost. Then the Queen gives the card you lost to her son. You can find him in the last door to the right one screen south of the Dollet Pub. You can win back all of the cards the QoC asks for from her son.

Here are the cards she wants:
Minimog (win from the boy running around Balamb Garden)
Sacred (defeat Minotaur and Sacred at the TUK)
Chicobo (complete the Chocobo Forests Side-quest)
Alexander (win from Piet at Lunar Station)
Doomtrain (this is the card that is made by losing Alexander)

Giver her Minimog, and the Kiros card will be created. The man in black in the left side of the street by the Shopping Arcade in Deling City will have the Kiros card. Lose Sacred and the Irvine card will be created. You can win Irvine from Flo (Mayor Dobe's wife) at FH. Lose Chicobo and the Chubby Chocobo card will be created. You can win that from the guy sitting on the bench by the Library in Balamb Garden. Lose Alexander and the Doomtrain card will be created. The bartender on the right in the Timber pub will have Doomtrain. Lose Doomtrain and the Phoenix card will be created. The presedential aid in the Presendential Palace in Esthar will have the Phoenix card. Then you're done!

Make sure, every time you lose a card to the QoC, that she goes either to Balamb or Dollet. If she goes somewhere other than those two places reset. Shuttling her back and forth between Dollet and Balamb will make the quest alot easier and quicker.

Setzer Gabianni
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
I don't bother with the Chocobo stuff, and the QoC sounds a lengthy task, so I think I'll just stick to the CC stuff this time round =P

Thanks for the info, I'll copy it and save it, then go check it out later after beating Bahamut and - in fact, I'll beat Bahamut last if I can, because I need everyone to have their top weapons when they face UW.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-24-2006, 08:09 PM
You can win the Fat Chocobo, Doomtrain, Kiros and Irvine cards from the card queen at disk 4...sheīs at the place where the pod from the lunar base crashed. The only bad thing is that all card rules are active, but if you train and become a good player you shouldnīt have much trouble plus you can safe the game just before challenging her and restart if you lose any important card.

Xurts
07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Yes, but she will be tough. Not only will the rules be all messed up, but she will have the rare cards that you never got. The cards you get from her quest are really good too. Winning Laguna from Ellone with Lunar rules is one thing, but playing the QoC when she has numerous rare cards, PLUS bad card rules? That is going to take a while. It will be much easier if you just did it right now before you go through Time Compression. It won't take as long as you might think if you keep sending her to Dollet and Balamb.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Nahh i think itīs not that hard...and you only have to safe after you win a card just for caution. And so it will be easier.