PDA

View Full Version : HP+1

Vivisteiner
07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I have recently been levelling up my characters against Yans to fight Ozma. I just noticed that for some reason, while I have levelled up at around level 70, my HP has only increased by 1. Why is this happening? Is it due to my armour. My Garnet is level 66 but has less than 4000 HP

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Mages aren't meant to have much HP are they? That's Steiner's job.

Quindiana Jones
07-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah. You should put magic people with little attack power (apart from magic and summons) on the back row, and melee fighters on the front. So the mages have little HP because they can take less damage, whereas the melee fighters need more because they're right at the front lines.

All you gotta do is change the order of your magic characters and put them at the back and they'll die just as slowly as the others.

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Just make sure you have lots of mana potions, but that goes without saying.

TheSpoonyBard
07-08-2006, 04:44 PM
The equipment the character has when they level up directly affects the stat increases. For instance, if you level up with equipment that raises a character's Strength, they will gain more HP when they level up. Similarly, if you level up with equipment that raises a character's Magic, they will gain more MP when they level up.

So the mages have little HP because they can take less damage, whereas the melee fighters need more because they're right at the front lines.
This isn't entirely true. If you level up 98 levels with maximum Strength increase, Dagger, Eiko and Freya will have the same HP.

Mages aren't meant to have much HP are they? That's Steiner's job.
Steiner's HP isn't much higher. Amarant, Beatrix, Blank and Zidane have more HP than Steiner. Marcus and Quina have the same HP as him.

Vivisteiner
07-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I know that armour effects it, but surely my characters HP shouldnt increase by 1 everytime I level up. Any recommended armour/weapon combinations? Perhaps to increase HP.

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 05:05 PM
The equipment the character has when they level up directly affects the stat increases. For instance, if you level up with equipment that raises a character's Strength, they will gain more HP when they level up. Similarly, if you level up with equipment that raises a character's Magic, they will gain more MP when they level up.

So the mages have little HP because they can take less damage, whereas the melee fighters need more because they're right at the front lines. This isn't entirely true. If you level up 98 levels with maximum Strength increase, Dagger, Eiko and Freya will have the same HP.

Mages aren't meant to have much HP are they? That's Steiner's job. Steiner's HP isn't much higher. Amarant, Beatrix, Blank and Zidane have more HP than Steiner. Marcus and Quina have the same HP as him.

Really? Strange. You would consider that the one with the mail armour would be the one with the most health.

TheSpoonyBard
07-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Any recommended armour/weapon combinations? Perhaps to increase HP.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_ix_max_stats.txt

That will explain it better than I can.

Vivisteiner
07-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanx