PDA

View Full Version : Run Like The Win???

DeathKnight
07-08-2006, 03:36 PM
What do you do in games? Do you..................run and want to beat it fast? and want to get to the bottom of things ASAP and beat it and claim that you beat it first than anyone in the world?(but still exploring it and doing everything that must be done). Or do you EXPLORE IT....slowly going to places, gazing at the beauty of the game? walking where there's not NEED to walk, reading every line of the game slowly and after beating it telling your friends how great this game is?

Which of the two do you do? and why?

Discuss!

Dell
07-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I run and poke the villain in first playthrough.

But in second, I'll try to get a FAQ and help throughout the game.

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 04:06 PM
I play through happily, slowly, and explore. But I run away lots as well. It's just my play style.

ljkkjlcm9
07-08-2006, 04:08 PM
I run around maps constantly, but I go over areas again and again. I make sure to get everything. But I NEVER run from battles, so I typically end up a higher level than need be due to my extensive exploration.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
07-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I walk. I might slip if I run.

Giga Guess
07-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Exploration FTW.

Meat Puppet
07-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I try to play it slowly. At first I try to, anyway. Most of the time I just start getting bored and if I don't start getting through the game quicker chances are I'll get so bored I quit. I think it has something to do with when I was born. I can't be sure, however.

Samuraid
07-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I like to explore.

Nominus Experse
07-08-2006, 08:29 PM
With some games, it pays to go through it quickly, but with most of the ones I have played, I enjoyed taking it slow. With the Myst series, it almsot requires that you move slow, otherwise you get bogged down with too much information at once or you have too little. And with every Final Fantasy, I always take them slow the first play through due to the fact that I wish to experience all the scenes or any other information that may interest me concerning the plot/characters/items/final fantasy blah.

So really, all in all, I take games slow.

Rengori
07-08-2006, 10:02 PM
If I run I usually miss something reallly important. Than I have to go through the area again to get what I missed.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 05:35 AM
If it's an RPG I stalk, not walk. I go over everything with a fine toothed comb and constantly look for secrets and sidequests. With most other games I go at a steady jog.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 05:39 AM
The first time through the game, without a guide? I definitely explore, and backtrack, and open every chest. If I play the game again, I'll probably use an faq/guide and see what I missed, and any other time after the second I'll know what to do and try out advanced strategies. Any time after that I'll speed through the game, only playing because I really like the game for nostalgia or I like the story or something. (FFVI, SO3).

NeoCracker
07-09-2006, 05:49 AM
I run and still get everything. Running or walking doesn't seem to make a difference to me.

Yuffie514
07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
while i like to set the left analog configuration to run, i take my time with the game. i train, stock up on items, clear every corner of treasure and keep my party up and running, while maintaining an anti-hero attitude of:

>> "i'll just stop the game here (for half a year or more) while the world is in need of a hero".

Dreddz
07-09-2006, 10:46 PM
I usually blast through the game as quick as possible, usually I'd go back to my last save before completing the game and do side-quest stuff.

edczxcvbnm
07-10-2006, 12:08 AM
I blast through games at insane speeds. It is just how I play. I don't have time to talk to every retarded NPC. I have to be on the move to advance to the next level/area. Saving the world is serious buisness and you have to be one step ahead to do it. No lolly-gagging around. That gets you killed!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-10-2006, 04:56 AM
If it's an RPG I stalk, not walk. I go over everything with a fine toothed comb and constantly look for secrets and sidequests. With most other games I go at a steady jog.
Yeah. This is how I like to do it. That way I can take it all in.

Rostum
07-10-2006, 06:46 AM
I usually play through slowly and soak up the game and what it has to offer. I love exploring in adventure and role playing games. =)

Ryth
07-10-2006, 08:43 PM
I walk my way through the game. While I still normally miss something the first time around, I generally try to see and experience everything I possibly can the first time through and us walkthroughs to see what I missed, and then go back for a second playthrough.

Mirage
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
A middle path. I try getting the most out of my first playthrough, but I don't hesitate or slow down unnecessarily.

MageLuingil
07-10-2006, 09:26 PM
With RPG's, I walk. I like trying to get the fullest out of the game, and I hate to think that I missed many things. I generally won't finish a game 100% on the first run through, but if I play a second time I try to beat it 100%.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-11-2006, 12:19 AM
I run. Its just something I do ;) But seriously, in some RPGs they run too slow for me to actually think I missed something. I occasionally do the walking too.

I walk. I might slip if I run.

Wow, it would be so great if they included slipping in FF games. The best thing ever.

NINJA_Ryu
07-11-2006, 02:12 AM
A middle path. I try getting the most out of my first playthrough, but I don't hesitate or slow down unnecessarily.