PDA

View Full Version : Percentage of New Players

Happy
07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Greetings to all. I am new to the site. I played FFXI in the past and enjoyed the game, but that was several years ago. I am thinking about buying the game again and starting from the beginning.

Would there be a sufficient number of new players in the game today to enable me to start from scratch or are the majority of players all higher level.

Have the dynamics of the game changed much over the last couple of years? Any major improvements?

Thanks for your time and responses

chionos
07-08-2006, 07:10 PM
there's always low lvl ppl to pt with. w/ the new expansion and xbox360 there was an influx of newbs plus the 3 new jobs brought ppl back to low levels. So many things have changed in the past 2 yrs i wouuldn't know where to start. You'd need to play and experience for yourself.

No.78
07-08-2006, 07:11 PM
There are always people starting out. And there will always be people around your level. The populations are always huge you've got nothing to worry about.

Happy
07-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the information, good to hear that FFXI is still going strong.

Garland
07-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Fortunately FFXI's worry-free job-change system allows new players to sign up at any time and still find groups to party with. A party at the local newbie zone might have a fresh from installation Xbox 360 newb, an experienced player levelling a mule, a player levelling a second or third job to 75 a couple players levelling their subjobs - all exp'ing together. That's not to say invites are always fast, as there can be lots of competition for a particular job spot, but there will always be enough players in any given level range to make progress.