PDA

View Full Version : [A] Pen and Ink

Nominus Experse
07-08-2006, 07:02 PM

Meat Puppet
07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Those are awesome! The first one is my favorite. Can't wait to see more. :)

Aralith
07-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Picture #1 remains, as you yourself have said before, somewhat incomplete. However, I believe it is this incompleteness that adds to the picture, rather than take away. The fact that there is nothing else to reference your picture to gives it an even more surrealistic feeling than it already has.

Picture #2 is a more of a solid approach to reality, though surrealism is still seen, as he is standing on a floating chunk of earth. One of the problems with this picture, is tha it's not very dynamic. The pose is somewhat relaxed, and almost boring. This is seen in how his legs are barley bent or spread at all. However, there is some intensity in the picture, in that he is holding his sword as though for battle (though what he's going to battle on that small chunk of earth is beyond me).

Picture #3. Not so certain I liked this one. The wings were pretty well done, but the body lacks the quality that is seen in your previous works. I can't really explain what it is that makes it so. Wasn't this one of your first drawings of a person? Or maybe I'm confused and this is a later drawing. Oh well. Either way I think that it could be improved upon if you were to redraw it.

Picture #4. Ahh. The ultimate surrealism. Arms taking the place of where fingers should be on another arm. If one wished to, this process could go on forever. Just constantly each new arm sprouting five more for fingers. I think that the quality is superb and the surrealism is so blatant in the artwork, and yet at the same time it's so subtle. The first time I looked at this particular piece of yours, I didn't notice the arms until you pointed them out to me. It's just something the mind doesn't register, and yet the whole time it knows it's there. Very well done.

black orb
07-08-2006, 08:57 PM
>>> Nice inking, I like the Skull one and that one with the mirror..

lovehurts
07-08-2006, 10:08 PM
BRILLANT WORK!!

Rocket Edge
07-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I agree, your work is original, you have a good imagination, i'd defionitly like to see more. well done

Clone 01
07-09-2006, 05:35 PM
WOW!!!my fave s the one with the mirror!the detail in ur pics are fantastic,my only problem would be with the second one because the start of the sword just looks like a squigle and no actuall defined line.but thats it,absoloutely no other problems!the're excellent!!how long would they take u?

Rengori
07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Holy crap you're good.

Shiny
07-10-2006, 01:18 AM
I love your style of drawing so much. It's got a really haunting feel to it.

Moon Rabbits
07-12-2006, 05:13 AM
Uh...holy crap. Those are quite amazing.

You make me want to go buy an ink refill and get back into ink over pencil.

Clone 01
07-13-2006, 03:37 AM
you sure like using crosses dont ya

Clone 01
07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah you use it alot,but whatever works for ya.it would be cool if ya made your own symbol up so it wud be like your signature pic

Angi-Kaiser
07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, your really good! Your style reminds me of Amano's (Artwork for Final Fantasy, Sandman, HERO, etc.), but with a slightly darker and more western touch. Amazing!

VoodooChild
07-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Wow! I just clicked the link on your signature - I hadnt seen this thread before.

I love your work, all your drawings are great. They are drawn well, and they are original. Good job Nominus!

abrojtm
07-26-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure I really like the themes, they are quite morbid. For the most part, the work is good there was only one pic that I didn't really like from a technical point. I guess it's the third one you posted -- strange angle and choppy lines.
Otherwise, nice stuff.

Mum
07-28-2006, 12:32 AM
I think your originality and imagination is fantastic and that you can make tangible your creativity is even more fantastic! I can copy fairly accurately but I lack both imagination and originality so I really admire your work.
I especially like the skull (and don't consider it incomplete at all) and I suggest the idea of the tree trunk with arms and hands could be taken and re-done more detailedly and bigger - more arms, more hands etc. Take your time over it and do a complete picture - and then maybe get reproductions done and market them? Excellent talent - keep up the good work!