PDA

View Full Version : I finally bought a DS

Crossblades
07-08-2006, 09:47 PM
I finally bought a DS today after cashing in my first paycheck from my job at the bank. I bought a DS that included Animal Crossing and I also bought New Super Mario Bros. Haven't played animal Crossing yet, but I am in love with New Super Mario Bros. Funnest Mario game I ever played. But I have a question. How do I set up the Wifi?

~SapphireStar~
07-08-2006, 09:56 PM
My cousin is having the same problem with her WiFi, she cant play with mates on AC. Good thing you made this thread CB, I just remembered. She would be mega happy if people could help.

And good on you getting a DS :D

Hambone
07-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't know either, but one game you really need to get for DS is Trauma Center Under The Knife. It is so much fun.

KentaRawr!
07-08-2006, 10:20 PM
First, you need a compatible wireless router. Once you have that, go into the Wi-Fi settings of your game, and follow the instructions. ...

Get Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS, and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. You won't regret it, trust me. >_>

Rostum
07-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Cool man. =)

I just bought a DS Lite for my girlfriend, for her birthday. I got her Nintendogs and Mario Kart first up. I really wanted to get her a whole heap of games, but they get a bit expensive when you add them up.

I plan on buying one myself with a few games once I finish this graphics design project I'm on.

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I just bought a DS Lite for my girlfriend, for her birthday. I got her Nintendogs and Mario Kart first up. I really wanted to get her a whole heap of games, but they get a bit expensive when you add them up.
I envy your girlfriend :( My boyfriend gave me a DS Lite display box from work ... gee thanks.
And TC is IMO abit naff after a while. Go get Phoenix Wright Ace Attonery!

Rengori
07-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Advance Wars Dual Strike and Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble along with the other fine games suggested.

And about WiFi, I just messed around with Mario Kart DS's Wifi menu until it worked.

Rostum
07-09-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but I had a question and didn't want to create a whole new thread for it.

Is it possible to play NTSC (American) GBA games on a PAL (Europe/Australia) Nintendo DS Lite console? I know the DS games are region free, but I wasn't too sure about GBA games.

Reine
07-09-2006, 09:49 PM
GBA games are region free. My brother got me this game from US and it works perfectly

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-09-2006, 10:12 PM
My fiance got me a DS a few weeks ago, and Nintendogs. Is Animal Crossing any good?

fantasyjunkie
07-10-2006, 12:32 AM
I love my DS. I havent messed with the Wi Fi yet so i'm not sure. Sorry!

DJZen
07-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Heh, that's gonna be fun getting my DS to work with my WEP protected MAC filter enabled wireless router...

Anyway, yeah, it's a system with some great games. Here's a few reccomendations:

New Super Mario Bros.
Kirby Canvas Curse
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows (it's seriously almost as good as SotN)
Pheonix Wright Ace Attourney
Trauma Center Under The Knife (this is getting re-released by Atlus soon)
Puyo Pop Fever (the childish theme may put some off, but it's rock solid under the hood)

Rostum
07-10-2006, 01:15 AM
GBA games are region free. My brother got me this game from US and it works perfectly

Thanks. ^^ I wanted to get FFIV, FF DoS and a couple others, but they are so expensive here compared to the US versions.

Heh, that's gonna be fun getting my DS to work with my WEP protected MAC filter enabled wireless router...

I got my girlfriend a nintendo wifi usb stick, simply because she'll never use a wireless router in her life. If it's easy to set up and works perfectly, I may just get one myself rather than the Netgear I've got.

DJZen
07-10-2006, 01:18 AM
It's an option, but I do kinda worry about how many ports it leaves open...

Reine
07-10-2006, 01:32 AM
I need something like that USB wifi stick for my PSP.

Rostum
07-10-2006, 01:36 AM
I need something like that USB wifi stick for my PSP.

This? (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=308&products_id=8529&)

fantasyjunkie
07-10-2006, 04:03 AM
Do you mean with a USB stick for the PSP or DS I don't need to buy a wireless router? Where does the transmission come form? My computer itself? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I haven't heard of this feature before.

Rostum
07-10-2006, 04:42 AM
Well, for your DS, you could get this (http://www.nintendo.com.au/ds/system/accessories.php) and just plug it into a computer that has broadband, and you will be able to play your DS wireless (I think it's a 30ft range, but I'd assume it could be a bit more).

Note that the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB stick is also sold at EB games (well at least in Australia).

You can also go to hot spots, such as McDonalds, and play it.