PDA

View Full Version : I hate the beach.

Sylvie
07-08-2006, 11:34 PM
I hate it. I went yesterday and got nothing but pain. The water was pretty cold, the sand is just obnoxious because it sticks to you and drives you crazy, my legs were massively itching for some reason, I got really bad sunburn like always, I couldn't be left alone to sleep, and I have a rash on my knee. The only fun I had was the waves (even though the water was cold) and playing soccer.

Oh, and don't get me started on the portable bathroom... >.<

So, what do you think of the bitch? I mean, beach?

Chris
07-08-2006, 11:38 PM
The Philippines have some of the greatest beaches on earth, so naturally, I love the beach.

Boracai was placed as one of the top beaches in the world.

kikimm
07-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I agree. I don't know where you live, but the beaches in California suck. For me anyways. The water's just way too cold, and it takes forever to get used to, and it's just not worth it anyways. Coming home from the beach is horrible too. Sand everywhere. On you, in the car, on other people and it won't go away and ugh.

Not fun anymore. :(

DoomAntenna
07-09-2006, 12:24 AM
I like east coast beaches. They aren't as big, so you don't have to walk like 1/2 mile from the ocean to get out of the sand.

Rye
07-09-2006, 12:28 AM
This beach we went to on the cruise was beautiful. It is one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. It's called Magen's Bay, and it's a beach, but it feels more like a little cove or a lake, because the water isn't wavy at all, and it's clear and beautiful. Being a Noo Yoiker, I've always grown up with murky brown-blue water, so seeing crystal water was amazing. :)

Nick Schovitz
07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I like it, fine girls, good food, the water's not that cold, live in Cali huh, I'm from North Cackalaki, but I go to Myrtle Beach because our's sucks.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Eh, Ive never been to the beach here. Only in Dominican Republic. The beaches over there are really close to the house we own. Its really beautiful. Like its a river and the river empties into the ocean. I think I have some pictures of it. Im not sure :p The water is so nice too, you could see the sand and the bottom its so clear. You should see it sometime :p But yeah the bad part is the sand sticking to you but its worth it.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 12:36 AM
I love the beach.

Of course, I live in an air-polluted desert, so I don't get to go to it that often. (Which also explains why I enjoy it.)

One of the things I've always wanted to do was go to Hawaii and see all the beaches there...

mooglebunni608
07-09-2006, 12:36 AM
I hate it too. I always get sunburned, and theres sand, icky saznd, everywhere.
plus the beaches we go to have icky yucky water. Yuckness.

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 12:39 AM
I love the beaches near out hometown of Westport County Mayo. Theres one that has a huge cliff with a massive forest on top of it and below is the beach with its caves and rock pools etc. The best thing about those beaches is that you can park your car on the edge of the road and step onto the beach.

I hate crowded beaches.

G SpOtZ
07-09-2006, 12:45 AM
I like it, fine girls, good food,
Damn straight.

I live in Hawaii, and on my side of the island, there aren't that many great beaches to swim at, but on the Kona side there are a few amazing beaches. As long as you know how to take care of yourself when it comes to sunburns, you should be fine. Also, they usually have showers outside of big open public beaches so you can rinse off the sand and salt.

I love the beach.

Levian
07-09-2006, 12:54 AM
I prefer cliffs, since you can jump off them, and climb up again. Repeat process without getting sand in your shorts.

KentaRawr!
07-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Beaches are nice, but overrated.

LunaticPandora37
07-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Beaches are nice, but overrated.

...Word

I agree the beach sucks....so does the woods...eeeeeewww...actually I really don't like the outdoors other than the city...

I love the City!...

Miriel
07-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I agree. I don't know where you live, but the beaches in California suck. For me anyways. The water's just way too cold, and it takes forever to get used to, and it's just not worth it anyways. Coming home from the beach is horrible too. Sand everywhere. On you, in the car, on other people and it won't go away and ugh.

There are plenty of beautiful beaches in California! Plenty of sucky ones too. But yeah, it just depends on where you go.

Hermosa Beach is gorgeous. The beaches in San Diego are amazing too. Malibu has some beautiful beaches like Paradise Cove and El Matodor. Gorgeous locations, really.

I love the beach. I love the water, the sand, the sun. I love it all.

LunarWeaver
07-09-2006, 01:20 AM
The beach to me is just sitting there without anything to do. Everything in nature is just sitting there with nothing to do to me. But that's because I'm a nerd, and true nerds don't like the sun we must be pale.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 03:13 AM
I love the beach, but I hate the sand. I HATE sand so fucking much. The perfect beach would be a beach without sand.

Bowser
07-09-2006, 03:14 AM
I hate everything about beaches. I would rather swim in a pool.

SammieBabe
07-09-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm from Florida and I love our beaches. Especially the Gulf. Right now the water is so warm that it feels like a bathtub. No storms yet, and no red tide. The Gulf is a beautiful blue and I wouldn't trade our sunsets for any others...:)

feona17
07-09-2006, 04:12 AM
The beach I went to in Jamaica was AWESOME! My hotel was right next to the sea, and it was so much fun. Water is too darn salty though, yuck.

Jebus
07-09-2006, 04:13 AM
I hate beaches, but I love the ocean.

:{

Moon Rabbits
07-09-2006, 05:43 AM
I love the beach.

Strider
07-09-2006, 06:27 AM
I like Avila Beach and Santa Cruz. :D

Jojee
07-09-2006, 08:01 AM
I love beach but I don't love getting my hair wet ;3

Meat Puppet
07-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I like the west coast beaches in New Zealand. They are so ugly and miserable. Like at Muriwai people eat LSD rather than ice cream. And people are always dying, too. Not that that's a good thing. Because that attracts all those emotional people that not many people in the world like. I guess that could be a good thing because then it gives the stoners someone to rip on. The stoners being ripped on by everyone else including the beach and the sharks. One time I was fishing there and this huge shark tried to eat my boat. There's also these guys that fish off the rocks and sometimes they get sucked into the sea. No more or less than any other beach? I don't know I don't go to other beaches enough to notice. Plus there are all these gannets that have one of the more depressing tales in the universe. Apparently if a male gannet has sex with another female gannet (one which is not his "life partner") then the other gannets can eat him. This might not be true. There's also this platform that sad people have to stand on to watch the gannets do NOTHING. One time it fell off. I mean I wasn't there but I had to make a card for the families of those harmed because my school liked doing things like that. I almost ate porcupine once. Oh and one time when I was at the beach I was like 7 years old and I tried to hold my mom's hand but I accidently grabbed this old man. I didn't know for like 10 minutes and I was talking to him and he didn't even tell me I was in the wrong place. Man that was scary. Last time I went there I used a stick to make some boobies in the sand. That wasn't really fun though but the alternative was drawing swastikas. I remember one time this sperm whale was so depressed by the sight of the beach it committed suicide on it. But all these hippies tried to save it and sang songs around it. My pop took me to see it and I kind of felt sad for it but happy at the same time because I guess his whale friends would be like "oh man that guy is hardcore". Oh and people get fined for sitting on the sand dunes which is the only fun part of the beach. I guess that's why everyone around here is depressed all the time and everyone is on drugs. Oh and there's like this military thing that happens there sometimes and you can find discarded bombshells and stuff. Plus there's lots of iron or something under the sand and hippies won't let anybody mine it. I don't care either way.

Here is a glimpse at what is probably one of the most depressing places on earth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/muriwai.jpg

His name is Ben. I think. Nobody really cares about him enough and he wasn't actually supposed to be in the photo.

I don't really like the east coast beaches because the sun reflects off the sand and hurts my eyes. Plus I seem to get skin cancer twice as fast at those places. And everyone is more beautiful than me.

Zeldy
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Dude. Atleast its not Blackpool beach. Instead of sand stuck to you you'd get rubbish and sewage :p

I hate the beaches too. You get sand in your hair and makes it disgusting, you get sunburnt, and Im not setting foot in the sea again

Captain Maxx Power
07-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Beaches are highly overrated. I hate the feeling of sand so much it's unreal. It feels horrible on my hands and feet, but that's probably because I have these huge hobbit-like feet and yeti-like hands, so maybe I'm over-sensitive.

Raven Nox
07-09-2006, 11:18 AM

This is pretty much how I feel about Beaches.

The beaches in Hawaii are alright, I guess, but when I went there I was normally in the pool, were I like it. Plus, the hotel was right next to the beaches, so you being covered in sand wasn't as much a problem. I was also 8 when I went, so playing in the sand was very amusing to me, now I just really can't stand beach sand.

In California, I find them horrible. Always have and probably always will.

Crop
07-09-2006, 11:50 AM
You think you have bad beaches? Why not pop on over to Barry Island. Where all the muck of the Bristol Channel ends up.

I would kill to have a beach somewhere like Hawaii. Stop moaning.

Psydekick
07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
I actually like beaches in the winter, much less people you can feel the sea breeze on your neck......ahhhhh thats the life. But sometimes it gets blooming cold and you freeze to death!:mog:

Breine
07-09-2006, 02:27 PM
I love going to the beach, especially with a group of friends. Of course the weather has to be good for it to be enjoyable, and sure the sand gets in everywhere and the water can be cold, but it's still great.

Actually, I feel like going to the beach right now...

Dreddz
07-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Meh, the beach does suck.......in the UK. I live no where near a beach, I have to take a 2-4 hour drive to either Brighton or Hastings, both suck. Not just the beach itself ( which is painful to walk on seeing as its all sharp pebbles ), but the locations suck as well. Rock Candy is horrible, and all you can eat is greasy Fish and Chips. I do enjoy beachs in other countrys, when I went to Barcelona, it was awesome.

-N-
07-09-2006, 06:48 PM
The beach rocks, and you're lame for not liking it. Go back inside and play video games.

Yuffie514
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
i often went to the beach in Canada with family and relatives as a child. i always had fun there and even remembered my brother being tipped over from a canoe. i hate going to the beach after shaving however - the crashing of cold waters at my feet, still feeling last night's razor burns...

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I really don't like beaches, and with the amount of piercings I have I'd rther swim in clean water than sea water.

Mum
07-10-2006, 03:45 AM
I agree with a few things mentioned above. The British beaches suck - especially in England where they have stones instead of sand (except for Ramsgate/Margate). Scottish beaches are better, but of course no fool would actually go IN the water - they're just for walking along.

The beaches I have the most memories of are:

Watching the sun set right down into the water at Piha (west coast NZ) with a romantic picnic and glass of wine (and a man of course!)

Getting sand blasted at Castlepoint (east coast NZ)

But the best is Taupo Bay way up in Northland of NZ - warm, wee sheltered bay about 1 mile long with awesome surf at one end and calm at the other where you can snorkel round interesting rock pools. At low tide you can explore the rock pools which are teeming with life, find all sorts of crabs, fish, starfish, shellfish etc. At the other (surf) end there are rocks to climb up on and contemplate life listening to the waves. Also the beach had a colony of breeding wild birds who are really comical to observe (don't know what they're called, sorry).
I attach a pic for you to drool over...

farplaner
07-10-2006, 04:37 AM
I hate it. I went yesterday and got nothing but pain. The water was pretty cold, the sand is just obnoxious because it sticks to you and drives you crazy, my legs were massively itching for some reason, I got really bad sunburn like always, I couldn't be left alone to sleep, and I have a rash on my knee. The only fun I had was the waves (even though the water was cold) and playing soccer.

Oh, and don't get me started on the portable bathroom... >.<

So, what do you think of the bitch? I mean, beach?

Wah, Wah, Wah!:cry: :rolleyes2 If you hate the beach so much why don't you marry it! ...wait, that's not right.

In case you haven't figured it out, I have never seen the ocean and would very much like to. I think I would be able to tolerate a little sand and sun for the chance to satisfy millions-of-years-old biological yearnings to return to the place of my origin....(that is if the idea that we evolved from sea creatures is accurate). My dad and I were on our way one summer. We got as far as southern Miss. then, apparently for no reason, he wussed out on me...:mad2: ....ah well.

Ryth
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
The beach is an awful place to go. The water is usually fine, the sand gets to you everywhere and it seems to love all the wrong places, kids piss in it, seagulls are horrible cretins from hell, if the water has jellyfish.....ugh, and when the waves are too small, a big one cvomes and splashes salt water all in your mouth and eyes. Ooo fun.

oddler
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Like beaches, hate crowds. My girlfriend and I went a couple months ago during the off season and it was great. No people, no traffic, no waiting. But, yeah, beaches rule. It's the things that come with them that get on my nerves.

Shaun
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
English beaches are grim.

farplaner
07-11-2006, 10:32 PM
The beach is an awful place to go. The water is usually fine, the sand gets to you everywhere and it seems to love all the wrong places, kids piss in it, seagulls are horrible cretins from hell, if the water has jellyfish.....ugh, and when the waves are too small, a big one cvomes and splashes salt water all in your mouth and eyes. Ooo fun.

Yeah, but in the ocean piss gets dispersed...not so much in a small swimming pool....and let's be honest kids aren't the only ones pissing in water. :eek:

the holy meteor
07-12-2006, 02:12 AM
I love going to the beach. But only when it's not all huge and crowded. I live ten minutes away from Imperial Beach here in SD and it's not overwhelmingly vast, and hardly anyone takes a visit there unless it's the 4th of July or something. If I don't want to walk in the sand, I just go to the pier and go fishing. Love it.

Ryth
07-12-2006, 02:14 AM

Yeah, but in the ocean piss gets dispersed...not so much in a small swimming pool....and let's be honest kids aren't the only ones pissing in water. :eek:

I still have an unnerving feeling about it xD and that is also why I don't go to public pools....

Shiny
07-12-2006, 02:20 AM
The beach I'm closest to is full of dirty diapers and soda cans so I'd rather not go to the beach (unless I'm Jetsking) for awhile.

Malboro_Menace
07-12-2006, 05:31 AM
There are some awesome sand dunes at the beach's near me. Me and my friends just grab a bodyboard and race down them. Great fun. Heres some images of the dunes.

http://www.ocarrollyns.com.au/photographs/stockton_sand_dunes_2.jpg

http://www.marinaresort.com.au/images/dunes.jpg

Normal bodyboarding is good too.

rubah
07-12-2006, 05:34 AM
I like swimming. I've not been to the beach a whole bunch, but I have fun when I do. the sand is almost the best part, feeling it sink between your toes

Yamaneko
07-12-2006, 07:31 AM
You pretty much HAVE to like the beach if you live here or we'll run you out of town.