PDA

View Full Version : Some things i need help doing.

SummonerCloud
07-09-2006, 01:54 AM
OK in order to answer any of these just put the number then a period and give a preferably LONG and DESCRIPTIVE answer.please don't answer to be dumb or funny unless it is with something practical,i need answers when i see replies not stupidity.and don't ask why i need to know unless included is an answer.

1:how to throw up large amounts of dirt or dust quickly and easily,(will be used to blind some peoples.)

2:how to construct a "gasmask",im thinkin somethin like cloth soaked with something.will be used to filter large concentration of bugspray.

3:how to backflip runnin up a wall "matirx style" lol.

4:the correct way to incredibly lessen or eliminate sound walking on grass.i can do this on almost any other surface except leaves/sticks....

5:easiest way to roll without self-damage.

thanks in advance,i'll post more questions when i get em.feel free to answer multiple at once,but i need every reply to contain an answer or an addition to one please.other than that be idiots.

Moon Rabbits
07-09-2006, 02:03 AM
O.O What do you need to know this for!?

SummonerCloud
07-09-2006, 02:07 AM
Well,woo-hoo someone already broke my preferences lol...oh well...

i put them by number-
1:i am into martial arts,it'd be a useful tactic but dunno how to apply it.

2:need to obtain a certain object from a yesterday infested room of ants.someone brutally flooded it with bugspray which seems to have some effect on me with its concentration.

3:once again,martial arts.

4:stealth.it p0wns.

5:lastly,martial arts.

Levian
07-09-2006, 02:18 AM
1. No special way to do this, except sandals carries the dirt easier than normal shoes.

2. A cloth will probably do fine, or a t-shirt. It's probably best to try and run in and get it without breathing at all, though. If that's possible. Otherwise, there's always possible to buy a mask off eBay, but I guess the gas would be gone by the time you got it.

3. Try over and over again till you master it. There's just some things you don't learn by reading books.

5. Lift your right arm up above your. Then curl it forwards. Use your arm and shoulder to roll on.

SummonerCloud
07-09-2006, 02:37 AM
1. No special way to do this, except sandals carries the dirt easier than normal shoes.

2. A cloth will probably do fine, or a t-shirt. It's probably best to try and run in and get it without breathing at all, though. If that's possible. Otherwise, there's always possible to buy a mask off eBay, but I guess the gas would be gone by the time you got it.

3. Try over and over again till you master it. There's just some things you don't learn by reading books.

5. Lift your right arm up above your. Then curl it forwards. Use your arm and shoulder to roll on.

thank you for all your input,though i don't quite understand number 5 very well..think you could explain it more in depth?

also,a new one-
7:how would i craft a pair of shuko?(check wikipedia then google it,its like a band around your palm with little blades[curved] goin down on the inner hand side)

Levian
07-09-2006, 02:45 AM
Well, the point is to not put all the weight on the neck, and to roll as quickly as possible at the same time. The palm of your right hand should not touch the ground, form your hand like a half circle, also place your entire arm like half circle. The point is to put the weight on the arm, and then push the weight over to your shoulder. That's for forwards roll anyway, I don't know any good techniques for sideways and backways. Learned it from a friend who does Tae Kwon Do.

Psychotic
07-09-2006, 02:52 AM
This isn't an answer, but it's helpful: Don't you think you'd be better off asking this type of stuff at a martial arts forum than a Final Fantasy forum?

Christmas
07-09-2006, 02:54 AM
From the final fantasy point of view, the fastest easiest way is to infuse yourself with Mako and try to kill as much as monsters as possible to level up.

Rye
07-09-2006, 02:55 AM
From the final fantasy point of view, the fastest easiest way is to infuse yourself with Mako and try to kill as much as monsters as possible to level up.

Don't forget to carry armor and weapons with abilities. And don't overload on materia. :)

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 03:01 AM
WTF? Are you trying to be a ninja or something? Because it sure sounds like it.

1. If you're on loose dirt or dust, kicking your foot into the ground, digging in, and kicking up might work. In the same fashion that you would kick some sand in someone's face. Might not be too practical though.

2. I'd probably go for a face mask like doctors wear, with some cloth over it as well. And try not to breath in if you can.

3. You need to be quick and have strong legs for this. Also, good grip on your shoes helps alot. But just trying it out over and over until you can do it.

4. All I can think of is to step as lightly as possible, probably using the ball of your feet too.

5. Put your arm up over your head almost as if you were going to block something that is about to fall on it, and partway through the roll, shift the weight to your shoulder.

7. (what happened to 6?) Just go here. They sell them cheap. http://www.karate-mart.com/ninshokhancl.html

Madonna
07-09-2006, 03:04 AM
From the final fantasy point of view, the fastest easiest way is to infuse yourself with Mako and try to kill as much as monsters as possible to level up.Actually, a proper ninja in Final Fantasy would probably harness their HATRED, channeling that into their power and unleash it on their foes.

That aside, the best way to move stealthily is moving slowly. I'm not talking about a slow walk that takes an extra minute to endure, but rather only moving once every several minutes, in irregular intervals. If you are traveling through wooded areas where there are plenty of leaves and branches, that's the best way to sneak around; any regular snapping, crunching, or sounds of the ground being disturbed are easily interperted into the sound of footsteps. Soft-soled shoes also help deaden noise when walking in general, socks even better, but neither will ever completely kill noise when traversing over dead leaves, bubble wrap, and so on. The only solution there would to not put your weight in your feet as you walk, and that's impossible. So, when walking in a forest where there is mast covering the ground, always take your time considering your next step; choose ground that will yield the smallest amount of sound. Æ¿æƒ2 makes a good point too, which I had forgotten to mention: move on the balls of your feet only; less area contacting ground usually results in less sound, and you're not having your heel come down and grind any twigs underfoot.

SummonerCloud
07-09-2006, 05:02 AM
the ball is up by big toe right?
i hate 6 it stabbed my memory.
and no the point is to MAKE the shuko.
therwise,no i am NOT practicing ninjitsu!
*logs out*
*logs back in*

thanks for everyones help,and keep goin!i need all the tactics i can!

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 06:36 AM
The ball of your foot starts at the front end of your arch and extends towards the beginning of your toes.

And if you really want to make the shuko, google is your friend. I really think you would be better suited asking all of these questions in another forum, or just using google or wikipedia.

SummonerCloud
07-09-2006, 07:54 PM
well,people here have been a good help.
two things,1-
they dont discriminate and act as foolish curs acting as if what i ask is idiotic.
2:people know a surprising amount of this stuff and more people are on,here.

sorry for duoblepost but to keep it seperate-number 6 since it is lost.
anyone know how gunpowder or anythin fire-reactive is made?hehehehe....

EDIT BY BoB: Don't be sorry for double posting. Just don't double post at all and you won't need to be. *points to the edit/delete button* Use that, thanks. :)

Sylvie
07-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Take a piss in a pan and cook it over a fire. I think thats how they made early gun powder.

Are you trying to kill someone?

SummonerCloud
07-09-2006, 09:41 PM
no i am not murderous...yet.

,it's easy to make distracional objects with though.are you serious about that comment genji?the first part,i mean.

Sylvie
07-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, my friend told me that. I think its true.

SummonerCloud
07-10-2006, 01:22 AM
meh...
new one.
8:how would i go about constructing caltrops?

Rase
07-10-2006, 01:46 AM
One basic ingredient in gunpowder is * potassium nitrate *. You can get this at most pharmacies and some drugstores on the shelf. If you can't find it on the shelf, you'll half to ask the pharmacist (you will probably need a parent signature if you aren't 21). You also need * sulfur * and * charcoal *. The sulfur can be obtained at most drugstores on the shelf and the charcoal, well I think most people can figure it out. The quantities are as follow:

3 parts potassium nitrate
1 part sulfur
1 part charcoal (finely powdered)

You can experiment by changing the quantities slightly to get the best results
8. Well, an easy and fairly cheap way would be to just weld four large nails together in the shape of a caltrop, like so (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Improvised_caltrop.jpg).

Sylvie
07-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Or, you could pee in a pan and cook it.

farplaner
07-10-2006, 02:38 AM
So then I'm not the only one to whom it seems like summoner is planning some sort of local coup d'etat?

Sylvie
07-10-2006, 02:41 AM
I'm scared to tell him how to do anything. He's probably gonna go on a killing spree or blow some building up. This is dangerous.

Rase
07-10-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure how caltrops and backflipping would help destroy buildings, and you could easily find out how to make much more dangerous stuff then this online or even at a library, so I'm not too worried.

SummonerCloud
07-10-2006, 03:29 AM
thank you rase,and everyone else can look at my subtitle.
anyways,if welding were not in my "perameters"...what then?i knew nails could work just that i don't know how to fuse them together.

farplaner
07-10-2006, 04:42 AM
I'm not sure how caltrops and backflipping would help destroy buildings, and you could easily find out how to make much more dangerous stuff then this online or even at a library, so I'm not too worried.

...good point. I'm not even sure what caltrops are!

thank you rase,and everyone else can look at my subtitle.
anyways,if welding were not in my "perameters"...what then?i knew nails could work just that i don't know how to fuse them together.

So "Mako enfused psychopath" is supposed to convince me you're not dangerous?! lol. Seriously though, I'm not worried...as long as you don't live in the mid-south of US. ;)

SummonerCloud
07-10-2006, 05:28 AM
...good point. I'm not even sure what caltrops are!

little things,nail like with 4 spines made so that whenever they are thrown it makes a tripod on bottom with one sticking up.they can hinder people and vehicles/animals,and are scattered when running from foes or as traps/etc. and can be poisoned.

Seriously though, I'm not worried...as long as you don't live in the mid-south of US. ;)

uhhh....

DarkLadyNyara
07-10-2006, 06:30 AM
So "Mako enfused psychopath" is supposed to convince me you're not dangerous?! lol. Yeah, that's not the kind of custom title that promotes faith in one's good intentions... not that I can talk. :p
And I might be risking my life here, but it's "Mako infused psychopath. :D

Please don't kill me. :whimper:

SummonerCloud
07-10-2006, 06:32 AM
err...what are you talking about!it IS mako infused psychopath!

lady yunalesca
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
little things,nail like with 4 spines made so that whenever they are thrown it makes a tripod on bottom with one sticking up.they can hinder people and vehicles/animals,and are scattered when running from foes or as traps/etc. and can be poisoned.

......................have you been watching the hills have eyes???? :mad:

ok your a little weird...............................i like that!!! :)

farplaner
07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
err...what are you talking about!it IS mako infused psychopath!

err...I think she was talking to me about her correcting my mistake...she wants to avoid any backlash.

(soothing, reassuring tone) And don't worry Nyara. I'm not gonna' kill you. It's OK....

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :twak: :p

DarkLadyNyara
07-11-2006, 01:05 AM
(soothing, reassuring tone) And don't worry Nyara. I'm not gonna' kill you. It's OK....
Riiight... *backs away slowly*

SummonerCloud
07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." -blacksniper (GameFAQs)

Humorous...

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 03:20 AM
If you can't weld, then I'm not too sure how you could make some caltrops any other way that would actually be effective.

But I really don't see too much harm in you knowing this kind of stuff. You can get into a fair amount of trouble if you use all this stuff together improperly, but not too much. I could tell you how to do much more dangerous stuff, like building bombs that can blow a hole in solid concrete out of normal balloons, and even how to gain access and take over computer systems, but I won't.

Madame Adequate
07-11-2006, 03:58 AM
www.wikipedia.com
www.google.com

If you can't find what you want there, it doesn't exist.

SummonerCloud
07-11-2006, 06:16 AM
COmputer systems..what kind of modern shinobi do you take me for?

our school,currently has a keylogger in EVERY computer,and about 3 in the admin one.

guess who controls it?

and guess who knocked out the firewall's sensory unit?

:erm:

Sylvie
07-11-2006, 06:19 AM
What? You're using a computer system right now asking questions. You asked a question and you got your answer.

DarkLadyNyara
07-11-2006, 06:30 AM
I think the implication was that he didn't need help on the taking over computer systems front. :D

SummonerCloud
07-11-2006, 07:05 AM
www.wikipedia.com
www.google.com

If you can't find what you want there, it doesn't exist.

google-how to detect nearby water

search it,its all crap.i got somthin about someone leavin water near their compy so they could tell wwhen t rexes were comin....

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 07:19 AM
COmputer systems..what kind of modern shinobi do you take me for?

our school,currently has a keylogger in EVERY computer,and about 3 in the admin one.

guess who controls it?

and guess who knocked out the firewall's sensory unit?

:erm:
A school network is small game, I did that stuff in late middle school/early high school. But this has really gone far from the point. The point was that I don't believe any of the information that has been handed to you at this point can cause much more than a slight nuisance at best.

SummonerCloud
07-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks^^,anyways peeps try to answer these questions if you can.
and btw,i know school ones are small but you still gotta know how to do certain stuffs,ive done much bigger.

number 9-
how to increase senses to a noticable degree OTHER THAN TASTE AND SIGHT.

Rase
07-11-2006, 07:55 AM
9. I would assume that the easiest way to enhance your hearing and smell would be to simply go for an extended period of time without using your sense of sight. While humans are extremely visual-dependent, when sight is taken away, the other information-gathering senses (hearing, smell, and possibly touch) may attempt to fill the void by becoming more sensitive themselves. I'm not certain as to the permanency of these changes though, so when you resume using your sight they may return to normal after a while.

SummonerCloud
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
9. I would assume that the easiest way to enhance your hearing and smell would be to simply go for an extended period of time without using your sense of sight. While humans are extremely visual-dependent, when sight is taken away, the other information-gathering senses (hearing, smell, and possibly touch) may attempt to fill the void by becoming more sensitive themselves. I'm not certain as to the permanency of these changes though, so when you resume using your sight they may return to normal after a while.

would this hinder sight,eventually?

Rase
07-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't believe so. Your eyes would probably be a little sensative to light for a little while afterwards, but it shouldn't cause any long-term ill effects.

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
OK in order to answer any of these just put the number then a period and give a preferably LONG and DESCRIPTIVE answer.please don't answer to be dumb or funny unless it is with something practical,i need answers when i see replies not stupidity.and don't ask why i need to know unless included is an answer.

1:how to throw up large amounts of dirt or dust quickly and easily,(will be used to blind some peoples.)

2:how to construct a "gasmask",im thinkin somethin like cloth soaked with something.will be used to filter large concentration of bugspray.

3:how to backflip runnin up a wall "matirx style" lol.

4:the correct way to incredibly lessen or eliminate sound walking on grass.i can do this on almost any other surface except leaves/sticks....

5:easiest way to roll without self-damage.

thanks in advance,i'll post more questions when i get em.feel free to answer multiple at once,but i need every reply to contain an answer or an addition to one please.other than that be idiots.

Forget 3 and 5. They are a waste of energy and don't get you anything. They both leave you extremely exposed, and you get absolutely no benefit from them.

As for 1 and 2, I suggest buying smoke bombs and a gasmask. You don't want to risk your life by counting on jury-rigged protective gear or weapons to help you out.

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
9. It's been said already that when you take away sight the other senses will try to fill in the void by becoming more sensitive. As a musician I have noticed this time and again, whenever recording or just helping out I always close my eyes to hear better. But the effect only lasts while you actually have your eyes closed. I'm not sure if you can actually train your senses to be better otherwise.

NeoCracker
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
The only one I can help on is the throwing dust.

I can't remember how to do it right now exactly, but learn how to fall safely. If you need help with that talk to a wrestler, not profesional, like olympic style wrestling. IF your on sandy ground, take the fall and on your way down use your hand. Dig it in a little and sweep your hand up launching it at their face.

SummonerCloud
07-12-2006, 04:45 AM
maybe a backwards ukemi and the dirtthrow corn mentioned?wiki ukemi if you don't know,people.

ok,two more-
10:how to increase ability to see in the dark.(im guessing sense thing but doesnt seem practical)
11:how to construct or use somthing with similar properties as shuriken/practice shuriken

by the way,hello sky...i was quite a fool earlier...i have changed,and i am sorry for the contradicting argumentals that have previously run my ego.

SummonerCloud
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Forget 3 and 5. They are a waste of energy and don't get you anything. They both leave you extremely exposed, and you get absolutely no benefit from them
3 is well understandable,but will 5 not help in the evasion of projectiles from mid-longrange?or the evasion of a foe you are running from to keep yourself causing harm to them?

Also,for those of you who saw the thread where i stated the killing of a bear with a shuriken,i am VERY WELL AWARE of that impossibilty.what i meant by this was an expression.like,when some fool says:open a can off whoop-ass.will opening a can of some strangely named foodstuffs really harm someone?he is implying the destruction of another.this,is what i meant,heh.

question 12:how to combine the ingredients in gunpowder correctly.

q 13:the gunpowder is supposed to be concentrated a certain way,like 15:3:2 in parts,i think...how would i alter this to create a large amount of thick smoke with less of an explosive force,and how would i do the opposite?what about a low damage concussive force?

also,14:to make gunpowder i need charcoal,sulfur and saltpeter.charcoal is easy.sulfur,i can obtain but i already have some sulfur but not in a concentrated form,like,it is a part of some cosmetics...would this work?and saltpeter can be pottasium nitrate or sodium nitrate...how may i obtain either of these two or the ingredients of saltpeter seperately and combine them?

thanks in advance...

farplaner
07-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Also,for those of you who saw the thread where i stated the killing of a bear with a shuriken,i am VERY WELL AWARE of that impossibilty.what i meant by this was an expression.like,when some fool says:open a can off whoop-ass.will opening a can of some strangely named foodstuffs really harm someone?

Never underestimate the power of a "can of whoopass." I have an industrial sized drum of the stuff that I keep in an old shed in the backyard. Once, someone tried to tamper with it...he no longer remembers his own name :lol:

SummonerCloud
07-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Just as my term has implied it so,yours apparently also does.

This is my meaning.

now,back to the topic?