PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Eternal Wind

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I cried listening to this CD.

I mean, really, jeez. Nostalgia OVERLOAD.

Anyway, list your favorites from this game's totally awesome soundtrack. I like it all, so I won't list it all. It's my favorite soundtrack of all the games.

Edit: Dear god! The final dungeon music!!! *explodes*

Evastio
07-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Songs #2 and #6 are my most favourite. I like them all except for #4.

Hayabusa
07-09-2006, 03:19 AM
YESSSSSSSS It was very good - especially Ebb abd Flow

DJZen
07-09-2006, 04:47 AM
I was just amazed at how Engrish free it was.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 04:58 AM
I know! xD And Dido's vocals in english, the whole thing was rather surprising in that way.

Reine
07-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Are the tracks like high quality remakes of the ingame music?

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Yes, some have a medley type thing going on with multiple tracks. There will usually be an introduction with voice at the beginning of the track, chronicling the adventure of the 'four valiant youths' as it sorta goes through the story of the game. (Which, is in flawless english surprisingly.) Dido also gives vocals, in english.

Reine
07-09-2006, 06:37 PM
hmm, looks like another download for me to find :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Besides "Noah's Lute," the most nostalgic part of the album for me is the narration. I love that guy.

FF_Chick
07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
"The windy city, Uru..."

I love that specific soundtrack. It has-

Eternal Winds
Battle theme
and A bit of the victory theme.

I like all of the music though, but love that one. Forgot the name of it.

Evastio
07-10-2006, 02:36 AM
It was possible to download the music off http://www.ffdownloads.com/. You can't download it anymore though. :(

Hayabusa
07-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I have all the tracks in MP3 form - Maybe I'll host it - or if you use AIM you could message me at gohann11

Sefie1999AD
07-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Eternal Legend of the Wind is otherwise a great CD, it's just that I don't like the narrator's voice. I usually skip it, although it's a bit annoying when he talks for a while even whent he music is playing on Track 7. The synth quality is also somewhat weak. Now for some track-by-track analysis:

Track 1 - The Prelude with the choir sounds very beautiful (I hope they'll add that to the DS version). The following orchestra-style action music is pretty nice, especially when it turns into the Crystal Cave theme.

Track 2 - A nice version of the Town Theme, turning into the World Map theme and eventually the battle theme (with some hints of FF2's boss theme and FF1's battle theme) and the victory fanfare.

Track 3 - Roaming Sheep is alright, the use of instruments being quite interesting. The Chocobo theme and the theme of the Old Men are so-so, but fortunately there's a calm version of the underwater theme playing next. The music changes to the Lute of Noah and finally Elia's theme. It sounds beautiful, but the weak synth quality is bothering me a bit there.

Track 4 - Nice choral chants in the beginning. Dorga and Une sounds decent, but my favorite part is the vocal song, Breeze. I wish that one was played in FFIII DS, in an added cutscene when the party leaves the Floating Continent and arrives in the vast world of ocean, or something like that. :)

Track 5 - With the exception of the synth quality, the Invincible theme sounds good. There's some hints of Matoya's theme too. Hyne's theme is great.

Track 6 - Great intro, no narrator this time. :D The Dark World is a good song, though I would have hoped for a more dramatic arrangement. The same for the arrangement of "This is the Last Battle".

Track 7 - Although the synth quite is low, this is my favorite song in the album. The opening is nice, and this song mostly goes like it does in the game. There's a bit of Prelude in the middle, and finally the theme Final Fantasy plays in the end. I hope they'll also insert it to the end of FFIII DS since the NES version only had some of the first notes playing in the background.

Lexy
07-12-2006, 07:55 AM
All I have to say is that sometimes, the four youths thought they heard the wind calling them..................and they rly did.