PDA

View Full Version : Nintendogs

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-09-2006, 04:56 AM
What do you think of Nintendogs? I think it's a good video game but there's not much you can do after you complete the competitions.

Roto13
07-09-2006, 05:55 AM
I shouldn't have bought it. I realize that it's a quality game, but I don't like games with no real objective. Still, I keep buying games like Animal Crossing.

Rostum
07-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd buy it. I bought it for my girlfriend because she's into cute things like that, and it does look like a really fun novelty, but who knows how long that would last.

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I bought it the day it was released and returned it within a month. I loved having my own dog cause I live in an apartment block and pets arent allowed, but the fact that it remained a puppy was annoying. People saying its so realitic, it may be, but dogs grow older and eventually pass on. Of course Nintendo wouldnt do that, but the dog could have grown into a bigger dog after afew months.

Also when you chose its name and give it commands, it has to be in a quiet enviroment, which is annoying. I hated leaving my dog wjen I went to uni, but I was happy when I came back to see him, Charlie the beagel (sp). Actually my boyfriend got a NTSC Lab version from work, I may keep it instead of selling it!

Markus. D
07-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I wanna get it because Our house isnt allowed pets.

I want a kwoot little Welsh Corgy Pembroke.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I bought it the day it was released and returned it within a month. I loved having my own dog cause I live in an apartment block and pets arent allowed, but the fact that it remained a puppy was annoying. People saying its so realitic, it may be, but dogs grow older and eventually pass on. Of course Nintendo wouldnt do that, but the dog could have grown into a bigger dog after afew months.

Also when you chose its name and give it commands, it has to be in a quiet enviroment, which is annoying. I hated leaving my dog wjen I went to uni, but I was happy when I came back to see him, Charlie the beagel (sp). Actually my boyfriend got a NTSC Lab version from work, I may keep it instead of selling it!

Maybe next time Nintendo could simulate the puppies getting older but without them eventually dying. Another thing they should simulate is picking up dog /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and wiping up dog piss. Because you have to do that in real life when you have a puppy. I'd like to see a dog give birth to a litter of puppies too...If you buy two dogs of the opposite gender. Also I'd like to see Nintendo bring cats into the game. Just because I think it would be amusing to see a dog chase a cat down the street.:)

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 02:32 PM
You do have to clean up after the dog when it goes for a walk.

Zeldy
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
My brother bought it, but I havnt seen him play it for a few months.
Games which demand you to come back every day bore me. Brain Training is starting to collect dust already.

Agent Proto
07-09-2006, 03:28 PM
It does get boring after awhile. I have the game, but I hardly play it anymore. I might trade it in for another game real soon. :)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-09-2006, 04:08 PM
I shouldn't have bought it. I realize that it's a quality game, but I don't like games with no real objective.

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Games which demand you to come back every day bore me. Brain Training is starting to collect dust already.
I got rid of that after 3 days.

Rusty
07-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I have it - it came with the DS as a package. I like it - but it has no objective, so it does get boring. I will keep it, but it'll never get much use of me. Nintendo could have really expanded this game. They fell way short.

Dixie
07-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I love dogs...But I can't have any, because of all of the cats I have, and because my dad's idea of dogs is "If I can punt it, it's not a dog." Nintendogs is as close as I'm going to get to having a real dog. ;_;

Anyway, Nintendogs has no objective, and it does get kinda boring...but I still love taking my dogs out for a walk and playing with them! ^_^

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
You do have to clean up after the dog when it goes for a walk.

I meant cleaning up after the dog in the apartment. Sometimes dogs /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and piss in your house in real life. I know that everyone out there who owns a dog would like to avoid picking up dog /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif...And wiping up dog piss in their homes but that's easier said than done and it happens from time to time. An idea just hit me wouldn't it be cool if Nintendogs had a harmonica and when you play the harmonica the dog would bark. My dog does that in real life when I play the harmonica it's funny! :) I love doing that I never get tired of it and I have a fucking blast each time.LOL!:)

Hambone
07-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I have the Labrador & Friends version. It's kinda fun, especially in Bark Mode. Right now I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (named Cookie), a Shiba Inu (named Ituya), and a Miniature Schnauzer (named Sakura). I'd like to get the Dachshund version soon.

~SapphireStar~
07-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I meant cleaning up after the dog in the apartment. Sometimes dogs and piss in your house in real life.
Really? Thats news to me ...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Well I guess it's kind of my fault, sometimes I forget, about the dog you see I don't like dogs very much because of an incident, that happened, to me in the past...I grabbed a dog and it bit, the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of my hand. If I had my way there wouldn't be any dogs in my house, but my family loves dogs so that isn't going to happen.

~SapphireStar~
07-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Im not good with dogs because one took a chunk out of my mums leg 12 years ago in front of me.

JKTrix
07-10-2006, 04:21 PM
As a single player game when it came out, it was a fun thing to spend time on. You needed to be in a quiet place for the voice commands to work, which might not be feasible for a lot of people.
I still carry it around with me when I show off the DS's features to folks. I named my dog Otogi, after my favourite Xbox series, and he is a breakdancing ninja. I don't actually play it much though, I haven't even done a lot of the competitions. I just taught Otogi a bunch of cool tricks and left it at that. I tried to teach him to bark the 'Final Fantasy Victory Theme' using the piano, but that wasn't working too well :P

If you have some extra money to burn, I'd say it's worth picking up if you want to show people the DS's unique features. It's probably the best game for doing that right now. However it's not something that a regular gamer can spend a whole lot of time with. If money is tight, don't worry about this game. It was good when it came out, but there are better things to spend your money on for the DS now.