PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie maker, help.

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I am kinda making movies with windows movie maker, but I got only one thing. my movie maker doesn't accept data from CDs, such as songs and stuff. some people told me that I need something with the movie maker, but I don't remember the name, can someone help me know how to solve this prob?
thanks in advance.

Psydekick
07-09-2006, 12:43 PM
umm it is probably a music plug-in or maybe your windows media player isent good enough, i do not use the program but on i-movie(pretty much windows movie maker but on mac) if you dont have a descent version of i-tunes music doesent work. But umm im sorta guessing

starseeker
07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
That's not a problem I've ever had with WMM. My CD music rips work fine. You trying to use the data straight off the discs? Which version do you use? (I use 2.1)

LunaticPandora37
07-09-2006, 05:00 PM
i don't know about video but music you can rip onto your computer with windows media player. go to copy from cd and hit rip music...it puts the music into your my music folder in your docs

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 06:06 PM
i don't know about video but music you can rip onto your computer with windows media player. go to copy from cd and hit rip music...it puts the music into your my music folder in your docs

that's not the prob. I get the music alright on my PC but windows movie maker refuse to open it saying it is an unprotected formate type.

starseeker
07-09-2006, 06:55 PM
What's the file type?

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 06:59 PM
any formate type, that music use even Wav and WMA. it just open MP3 formates.

starseeker
07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
That's strange, it's a Microsoft product, it must accept WMA. What version you got? (go into help, then about)

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 07:07 PM
thanks for help. it is version 5.1. windows XP.
I have another PC which is Milliniom its movie maker opens everything, but it is not here now, in another town, anyway.

starseeker
07-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I have the same version. I was thinking, what do you use to rip the data off CDs? If its Media Player, I think there's a setting to keep copy protect or something, I'm not sure.

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 07:22 PM
yes I do that and keep them protected, not just this even some FF movies I download from the internet, it refuses to open them.
people told me that there's something to download beside the movie maker so it opens other formates, but I don't remember what they called it.

starseeker
07-09-2006, 07:32 PM
WMM came with this computer so I don't know anything about downloading it. I'll do some research.

Edit: this is the official website (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx)
Do you have Windows XP/ Service Pack 2 on the computer?

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 07:41 PM
hehe... I don't know ^^!.
but thank you very much for help.

starseeker
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
What Windows version you got?

Owen Macwere
07-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Proffisional XP, I really don't know about these things, this is not my PC, it is dad's but I use it all the time. so i know nothing about it.

starseeker
07-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, I've run out of ideas. It should work perfectly well. All I can suggest is that you go and monkey around with the WMM settings.

Fate Fatale
07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
i think i know the problem... go into your wMM and go to the options... and then make sure all of your compatablilities are checked... should work.. (i think...)

jesteranimefreak
07-10-2006, 11:17 PM
another thing to check is content protection. Windows Movie Maker (WMM) doesn't allow use of files that are content protected when riped by Windows Media Player (WMP). Go into WMP and check the content protect settings. then check the individual file(s)'s settings. If it is ripped content protected, you can't change it. Delete the file and re-rip it without content protection. Otherwise, WMM recognizes WMA and simillar files automatically.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 12:43 AM
I know what you mean Owen. It'll be more then happy to use music Ive downloaded, but when it comes to albums from CD, it wont have it. I went to the options and ticked every box hoping it may work, but alas, nothing.

Owen Macwere
07-11-2006, 07:25 AM
yes nothing works, it is annoying *_*

vinnie's mini's
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Well...I don't know if you've solved the problem or are even still interested in trying to find out what to do (Well..I'm not even sure if I can solve the problem ^ ^; )

Anyway, I have the same problem however sometimes it works if you download a codec that reads(I don't know if thats the right word or not) certain file formats. Music from CDs are from in mp4 format, unless you have a codec/encoder(I can never remember which one it is) then it won't let you import it.

When I first got my computer we had a free trial of a mp4 codec I could use any song that I wanted to in WMM! But then it stopped allowing me to use them and I couldn't understand why, I'm still not entirely sure now. But the free trial had run out so thats the only thing I can boil it down to, if I can help anymore then I'll do some digging around and see what I find.

I'm not even sure if any of that made any sense, it did and didn't in my mind ^ ^;

To be honest it would be best to rip your songs from your CD into mp3 format. You can do this on window media player.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-06-2007, 04:27 PM
This thread is seven months old, please don't post in threads that are that old.