PDA

View Full Version : All packed up and ready to roll

Captain Maxx Power
07-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I've been spending this morning packing away all of my ill-gotten gains and various other knickknacks. I've somehow managed to fill almost eight boxes of stuff despite throwing out two bin bags of crap beforehand. I still have the old PC out (since I refuse to pack it away until monday night, since we only move on the Tuesday morning, so I need something to occupy myself. Gamebody Advance AA batteries are a commododity that needs to be saved). There's a fair bit of stuff still left to pack but I'm sure I could get it all in one more box, if we get any more, which we might have to.

For an on-topic discussion, when was the last time you moved and what were your experiences with it?

Zeldy
07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
We moved into this house about 9 years ago, if not more. So I was only 5 years old.
I do have a vague memory of when we was trying to sell the old house. I was sat on the bottom step of the stairs with my Barbie keyboard when this family walked past me and the little girl gave me a glance. Thats all I remember.

Levian
07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Nope, never moved. But I will be doing so in 21 days. I'm going solo now. :cool:

Dreddz
07-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I used to live in in West London until I moved to South London about 10 years ago.

GooeyToast
07-09-2006, 03:35 PM
About two weeks ago. Moved from Ohio to Arizona. Well, just me and my sister. I'm living with my dad now.

Topcat
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Moved about 5 years ago, it was a house swap two doors down, we moved into there house, they moved into ours:D

I remember feeling really sad the first time we moved, i had lived there all my life, (i was about 11) and i didn't want to go.

Reine
07-09-2006, 03:49 PM
We move a lot. usually every two years, or one and a half years, and it pisses me off, sometimes I have to change schools, or change bus routes, even lose the bus altogether...

We currently live in Parnell, which is a upper class area very close to the city. Its an ancient house, andis kinda a heap, but mum only moved in to benefit herself, as her work..is right out the door, in the Parnell Rose Gardens (The park that was formed around our house a loooong time ago). Making everyone elses lives crappier, just so that she can walk out the door to go to work? My cat cant even live here, because of all the vicious wild cats everywhere. Poor thing has to live at my mum's friends place.

I also now live miles away from my friend, making it next to impossible to see him (or him, see me), infact, aint seen each other in person since my 18th birthday.

Dixie
07-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I have never moved before, but my parents are thinking about moving. They've asked me if I wanted to move. I said no, because I love my house. I've been here since...since I was old enough to leave the hospital!

-N-
07-09-2006, 06:50 PM
I was moving when I drove from Houston to LA and everything I own fits in the trunk and backseat of my 1993 Camry. I have moved over 10 times in my life (6 times cross-country) and I am becoming increasingly more efficient at packing and moving each time.

Leen-Leen
07-09-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm always moving, because of my mom's job. We moved last month to here for a short vacation. We didn't bring all of our stuff with us, though. Next month we'll be moving to Mexico. And 2 years later we'll probably be moving to somewhere else.

I envy those who never move :p

Xaven
07-09-2006, 07:19 PM
I've never moved. I've been right here in this very spot in front of the computer since I was conceived.

Actually, I've never moved houses. I've been here my whole life. Same bedroom, still shared with my younger brother. I wouldn't mind moving to a bigger house though. :3