PDA

View Full Version : What song makes you shed a tear??

Emerald weapon
07-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Mines personally is jonny cash-hurt becuase evry time i hear it,it reminds me that it was his last song and it was the end of a folk legends life,the lyrics aswell he is making amends for his previous mistakes and taking penance for it but anyway whats yours??

I Took the Red Pill
07-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Honestly, none.

Chris
07-10-2006, 12:36 AM
None anymore, but hearing Grace sing La Vie En Rose still chokes me up. :whimper:

~SapphireStar~
07-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah tugs at my heart strings whenever I listen to it. As does Berlin's Take My Breath Away because its one of the earliest songs I can remember from my childhood.

Meat Puppet
07-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Forever Young by Alphaville has always made me weep.

feona17
07-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah tugs at my heart strings whenever I listen to it. As does Berlin's Take My Breath Away because its one of the earliest songs I can remember from my childhood.

Yeah, Hallelujah used to get me as well.

- Hide & Seek by Imogen Heap makes me cry, but for personal reasons :p

Giga Guess
07-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Skin (Sarabeth) by Rascal Flatts

kikimm
07-10-2006, 03:51 AM
Nothing has made me cry in a long time, but "Perfect" by The Smashing Pumpkins gets me pretty close. That song just depresses me so much. That and "Blackout" by Muse.

Karrali
07-10-2006, 04:50 AM
I think that Sayonara Solitaire from the series Chrno Crusade makes me want to cry sometimes. Also Christmas Shoes. I'm not sure who sings that though.

Tasura
07-10-2006, 05:19 AM
Aozora from Air x.x

StarChild
07-10-2006, 05:21 AM
All 4 One's "I Swear" makes me bust out into tears within the first few words.

Tasura
07-10-2006, 05:56 AM
http://media.putfile.com/Aozora-63

Becuase i was bord I uplaoded the song that makes me sad, though, if you havent seen the anime it wont make you sad, at elast to much.

Edit: http://media.putfile.com/Sayonare-Solitare The song that makes Karrali sad

DarkLadyNyara
07-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Shadowland, from the Lion King musical made me cry the first time I heard it. Which was kinda embarassing, seeing as I was in Choir class at the time. Adams Song, by Blink 182 still sometimes makes me choke up, as does Cold Feet, by Tracy Chapman.

Nominus Experse
07-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Lovers by Shigeru Umebayashi.

There just seems to be something about the stringed instruments harmonizing with the singer's voice that creates such a sensation and emotion of romantic longing... A longing so powerful, so strong and arresting, yet, its passion cannot be felt unless they pass into the cold embrace of death, to eternity. More than anything, it seems to be the continual strain felt through the voice and strings that have me pass into sorrowful feelings of loss and fated love.

drunkymonkey
07-10-2006, 08:50 AM
All the songs that are likely to make me shed a tear I'm too busy laughing at.

GOD GUNDAM
07-10-2006, 02:25 PM
None, really just because the songs I listen to can be about sensitive things, but I won't cry to it!

Moon Rabbits
07-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Boats and Birds by Gregory and the Hawk

Mythra
07-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Haven't really heard any that makes me shed a tear, but High Hopes by Pink Floyd does get to me on some emotional level. Not enough to make me cry though, more of a deeper feeling or mood I'm in at that moment.

bipper
07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
That "Hate Me" Song by Blue October comes close. At least towards the end where they song builds up a climax and you would think the singer was getting a happy ever after then the completely unexpected symantical decrecendo. That is just beutiful. The whole album is different, in a good way.

I seen adam's song mentioned by a damn cool member, and yeah - I would have to agree. I think the genuine innocence of Blink 182 singing such a dark song just hits your very hard. It is like watching your child cry.

I think Third Eye Blind's God of Wine or Background songs get to me quite a bit as well.

If you wanna see my cry like a real man though, put Cicut Cervus or better yet the choural reproduction of shakespere's classic:

Blow, blow, thou winter wind,
Thou art not so unkind
As man's ingratitude;
Thy tooth is not so keen
Because thou art not seen,
Although thy breath be rude.
Heigh-ho! sing heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho! the holly!
This life is most jolly.

Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,
Thou dost not bite so nigh
As benefits forgot:
Though thou the waters warp,
Thy sting is not so sharp
As friend remember'd not.
Heigh-ho! sing heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho! the holly!
This life is most jolly.

Shoeberto
07-10-2006, 07:54 PM
"Life Like Weeds" and "World At Large," both by Modest Mouse, can do a lot to me. Radiohead's "Let Down" can get me pretty emotional, too.

Cz
07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah tugs at my heart strings whenever I listen to it.Same here. Plenty of songs are beautiful or depressing enough to get me close, but this is the only one that springs to mind that has actually brought a tear to my eye.

YTDN
07-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden.
Heaven (Candlelight Mix) by DJ Sammy feat. Yanou

Madame Adequate
07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Johnny Cash - Hurt. Occasionally others if used in a proper context, but that can pretty much make me cry no matter when or where I hear it.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
07-11-2006, 01:32 AM
In the arms of the angels and what hurts the most also Untitled that music video is really sad and depressing

krissy
07-11-2006, 02:02 AM
One Winged Angel

Hambone
07-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Every Rose has it's Thorn by Poison

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Mines personally is jonny cash-hurt becuase evry time i hear it,it reminds me that it was his last song and it was the end of a folk legends life,the lyrics aswell he is making amends for his previous mistakes and taking penance for it but anyway whats yours??
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew that at least one person was going to say this song. But I have to agree, I LOVE this song, very sad. And the video makes me sad even more. Also I think it is way better than the original Nine Inch Nails version.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Don't think a song has ever brought me to tears, but if there was one it would be Rufus Wainwright's version of Hallelujah. This is not to be confuse with the bizarre original by Leonard Cohen or Jeff Buckley's "my voice will sounds more interesting if I randomly change the volume" version, of course.

ZeZipster
07-11-2006, 05:26 AM
Gary Jules - Mad World

KaintheDragoon80
07-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Gary Jules - Mad World

Dreddz
07-16-2006, 10:31 PM
All I know - Art Garfunkel

daggertrepe
07-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Eyes on me from FFVIII-I was THIS close to crying when I first heard it!

Ramza Beoulve
07-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Hurt - Johnny Cash

Shiny
07-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Without You- RENT

Mr. Graves
07-17-2006, 03:04 AM
"Everybody Wants To Rule the World" by Tears For Fear is one which brings them on. It's quite an effort to hold them back, as it's quite deep. It is, however, a motivating song as I think it's about lazyness, and people's imperfection.

"To Live Is To Die" by Metallica is one that makes me weep a bit on the inside too. Especially with the acoustic solo at the end.

"Forever Young" by Alphaville, like Meat Puppet said is another one that gives me throat lumps too.

If more some to mind, I'll post them.

Aralith
07-17-2006, 04:15 AM
To be honest, Aerith's Theme. Well only when it is played during and just after her death scene. Other than that, the song Pippin sings in Return of the King during the slaughter made me cry. Not too many others. None more that I can think of right now.

fantasyjunkie
07-17-2006, 05:05 AM
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down by The Band. It gets to me everytime because I grew up in the back woods of Louisiana.

GooeyToast
07-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Nothing has ever quite made me cry, but there are a few very emotional songs I respond to.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep
Mum - The Land Between Solar Systems
Sigur Ros - Njsonavelin
A Silver Mount Zion - 13 Angels Standing Guard 'Round The Side Of Your Bed

DeathKnight
07-17-2006, 05:51 AM
FFX/X-2 songs :whimper:........the memories...:crying2:

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2006, 07:18 AM
Gary Jules - Mad World

I think Third Eye Blind's God of Wine or Background songs get to me quite a bit as well.
I really never expected these to get mentioned, cause I didn't know there were other 3eb fans here. Motorcycle Driveby gets me too.

Also Come What May from Moulin Rouge (SHUT UP >:O) can bring a little well up. The Flag by The Barenaked Ladies. Sometimes by Ours. But seriously, you get a good song sung by a person or a group with good voices and I'll tear up at the drop of a hat. A friend of mine is actually a pretty outstanding bass, but I can't sit and listen to him if I'm with a small group or I lose it.