PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2

fantasyjunkie
07-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Today a friend gave me his copy for my 360. Man, that game is intense! I never played the first Call of Duty so this is new to me. One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to heal myself. I was looking for first aid packs like Wolfenstein but havent seen any.

Rase
07-10-2006, 04:16 AM
The health system is more similar to that of Halo 2 then the original CoD or Wolfenstein, in that if you don't get wounded for about five seconds, your health will automatically replenish itself completely. While it's a little odd for a WWII FPS, it helps keep the game from devolving into a "Save/Reload" type thing where you have to go it slow and try and find that next health. Instead, you can just stay safe for a while, then get right back in the action.

I have it for the PC, and I know there's a way to turn your health bar on, but I'm not sure if that's available on the 360, since it's a console command rather than a regular option.

drunkymonkey
07-10-2006, 08:46 AM
The original was far better. It was more memorable and it felt like the developers really respected the plights of the soldiers involved in WW2.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-11-2006, 01:28 AM
If you own Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360, you need to play it on Xbox Live. It's addictive. :p

XxSephirothxX
07-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Since they patched the game some months ago, it's actually fun on Xbox Live now. Still, the campaign was better. Playing it on Veteran was extremely intense, exciting, and challenging--just a couple bullets would take you down. I just finished playing it online about three minutes ago, actually.:p Definitely one of the best 360 games out right now.

fantasyjunkie
07-11-2006, 03:19 AM
wow, I played it again. It was really cool in Stalingrad where you could hear the German propaganda. It almost like "Enemy at the Gates"