PDA

View Full Version : Another try at the movies

Nick Schovitz
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Do you think that Final Fantasy can release another box office movie. Even though I didn't see The Spirits Within I can guess that it was bad. They should just release a movie off of one of the specific games, like VIII, or VI, or create an entirely new one just for the movies , but don't make it all sci-fi like Spirits Within. Do you think that Final Fantasy should try again at the movies?

Captain Maxx Power
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
There's definately a niche for Sci-Fi/Serious CGI movies. Everywhere you looks it's kid stuff (I've lost count as to the amount of kids CGI movies coming out this year. Over the Hedge, The Wild, Cars, Haunted House etc.). Thankfully people's perception of games and gaming in general has improved markedly since TSW came out. Even the games manufacturers recognise this and are targetting older and older audiences. The average gamer age has risen significantly over the past few years, which means more paying adults willing to see such things. Whether or not it should be based within the Final Fantasy franchise is another matter. I think it would be best if Squenix were to make a movie outside of any of their franchises, and just release a stand-alone movie.

NeoCracker
07-10-2006, 09:17 PM
I actually enjoyed spirits withing. But they should stick with games. While TSW was good, it wasn't that great.

As far as AC goes, it sold only because FF VII was in the title. IT was a decent movie, but they can't seem to release anything worth paying for.