PDA

View Full Version : Best & Worst thing about the Opposite Sex

Rocket Edge
07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Well? What is your favourite and least favourite thing that you like about the opposite gender. Lets not make this a thread where you dog the other gender, but i guess just give your honest opinions. :beer:

Rye
07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Best: Guys are funny and they don't have a stick in the butt like a lot of chicks, they laugh easier. And if they don't like you, they let you know, so you don't have to worry about it like you would with bitchy girls. They're more honest when it comes to that stuff, so it's good. They don't hold RETARDED double standards like a lot of girls do. I think you can tell quite easily that girls irritate me. xD Always messin' with chicken and kool-aid...

Worst: The only thing I can seriously think of is that some guys think only with their little friend downstairs, so they end up hurting a lot of people, but that's not even appliable to all guys, and it can be applied to some girls, except... differently. xD Really, the worst things depend on the person, not the gender.

bipper
07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Gurls: Best: Nearly everything

wurst: PMS; snobbynish stick-in-butt-syndrom

escobert
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Girls
Worste: everything
best: everything

Kuroshima
07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Girls Worst: Rumoring and stuff like that.

Best about Girls: Mostly everything else.

LunarWeaver
07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Girls best: They invented Yaoi.

Girls worst: Their vagina.

mooglebunni608
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
guy best;
pretty much everything, except...
guy worst;
when their perverted.

Sylvie
07-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Girls best: They offer comfort. Sometimes.

Girls worst: They can be complete moronic bitches.

theundeadhero
07-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Girls best: Sometimes they are soft!

Girls worst: Sometimes when you don't give a damn and they do they want to talk about it, but you don't want to talk at all and they make you or they get mad and it's oh so terrible, but there's nothing you can do about it :( Like why they think this soap is better cause it smells like lavender instead of banana, or something silly.

StarChild
07-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Guys: being snuggly

Guys: Lying...and hurting others because they want to get their rock soft...

Psychotic
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Best: Breasts.
Worst: Spew bile and hatred at me for being a rotten generaliser if you wish, but they're either sluts or clingy.

boris no no
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Boys best - They're naughty bits ;D
Boys worst - Psy (I'm sorry but it has to be done, I havn't made a jib about Psy in months! he'll think I'm going soft :O)

:heart:

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Girls best: They offer comfort. Sometimes.

Girls worst: They can be complete moronic bitches.

NeoCracker
07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Girls - They can be hot.
worst - they constantly insist on having "Rights."

Miriel
07-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Boys best: easy going. Most guys I know are a lot more easy going than the girls
Boys worst: Tiny attention span. Thick-headed. Insensitive. Flakes. Promise they'll do something, not do it, and then act like they did nothing wrong by breaking the promise. Crass. Rude. Smelly. Perverted. Huge egos. Stubborn. Lazy. Inattentive.

I don't really think so lowly of guys. Guys are great. My guy especially is great and has almost none of the bad qualities I listed.

But reading all the "bad" stuff about girls made me mad. :p

Yamaneko
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
People worst: Like to generalize; make false assumptions.

People best: Are capable of creating hostility between genders, ensuring me with plenty of entertainment during the long work days.

War Angel
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Best: Breasts.

Worst: Everything else attached.

SammieBabe
07-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Best: The goofiness. I love it when a guy makes me laugh. Its fun and comforting at the same time.

Worst: The assumptions they make about all women...:)

Raebus
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Girls - They can be hot.

Your my hero, man.

Girls

Best - Comforting, usually cute, USUALLY easy to get along with.
Worst - Getting moody.

Rocket Edge
07-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh man, i hate that type of woman, i remember the time i was with some girl and her friend told her i was being an ass and should be doing this and that, worst female trait ever..

Girls Best: They're hot, and it deversify's with the girl i guess, but i know i would feel more comfortable opening up to a close friend whos a girl rather than a guy.

Girls Worst: Stated above, and i think someone mentioned that they can be very indecisive about if they like you or not and make you feel confused, mind games are the worst.

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Guys best: more positive outlook on a situation, can be more fun than girls, some of them are cute

Guys worst: the way they can treat you just cause you've got boobs, the never ending supply of stupid comments, which always come at the worst possible time.

Hambone
07-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Girls

Good: They can be hot

Bad: They can be really stupid at times

feona17
07-11-2006, 12:22 AM
The best thing about guys, is that typically they are not backstabbers, therefore they make better friends. It's easy to talk to them about things, even if sometimes they may not completely understand. They can be really hot too ;)

And the worst thing about guys... some of them are really cocky, sexist, chauvinistic, and all that crappy stuff.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Guys

Good- Are funny and are cute. Some of em anyways :p

Bad- Can be annoying and stupid. Many times think with their 'friend downstairs' as Rye puts it :D

Girls

Good: They can be hot

Bad: They can be really stupid at times

Haha! The same can go for guys too!

Miriel
07-11-2006, 12:49 AM
From reading this thread and seeing that most of the males here see the only redeeming characteristics of females to be physical appearence, I'm gonna go ahead and say that one of the worst things about guys is that they are shallow empty beings.

Evastio
07-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Best: I like how pretty girls always get me nervous whenever they make eye contact with me. I also like how they're so sensitive and considerate.

Worst: I don't like how girls can be so egotistical.

Anaisa
07-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Good: They don't talk non stop. if women haven't got anything good to say, instead of filling that gap with silence, they talk about rubbish things, that nobody cares about, probably not even them. Men don't tend to do that as much. Their not as insecure as women are. They don't overhaul their entire personality in an attempt to get women to like them more. They don't think they can get a girlfreind who is a total bitch, an convert her to pleasantness. They don't try an act like their girlfreinds do, an then act as if they've always been that way. They don't act like martyrs, an allow themselves to be total doormats. Bad: Slutty, sexist, perverts. Foul filth mongers they are. They think they have right to stare at you. They have the dumb arrogance to think that if you don't have practically every inch of your body covered up, you're doing it to attract them. Their cowardly, an attempt to take advantage of the fact that their stronger than women, by thinking that they can harass them. In most cases they look awful, an then think they can criticise the way women look, despite the fact their bloody ugly, an make no effort to improve the situation. But of course we're not supposed to care about the way they look, we're supposed to be interested in their sparkling personality, that exists only in their imagination.

NeoCracker
07-11-2006, 01:21 AM
From reading this thread and seeing that most of the males here see the only redeeming characteristics of females to be physical appearence, I'm gonna go ahead and say that one of the worst things about guys is that they are shallow empty beings.
Since when was that a bad thing?

Rocket Edge
07-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Good: They don't talk non stop. if women haven't got anything good to say, instead of filling that gap with silence, they talk about rubbish things, that nobody cares about, probably not even them. Men don't tend to do that as much. Their not as insecure as women are. They don't overhaul their entire personality in an attempt to get women to like them more. They don't think they can get a girlfreind who is a total bitch, an convert her to pleasantness. They don't try an act like their girlfreinds do, an then act as if they've always been that way. They don't act like martyrs, an allow themselves to be total doormats. Bad: Slutty, sexist, perverts. Foul filth mongers they are. They think they have right to stare at you. They have the dumb arrogance to think that if you don't have practically every inch of your body covered up, you're doing it to attract them. Their cowardly, an attempt to take advantage of the fact that their stronger than women, by thinking that they can harass them. In most cases they look awful, an then think they can criticise the way women look, despite the fact their bloody ugly, an make no effort to improve the situation. But of course we're not supposed to care about the way they look, we're supposed to be interested in their sparkling personality, that exists only in their imagination.
Wow, thats harsh for both genders to hear!

I lol'd..

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Best: Girls are comforting and easy to talk to.

Worst: They tend to freak out way to easily, especially over minor things.

krayziesaiko
07-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Best: boys are laid back, straight, aren't stuck up, don't think playing video games all day is a waste of time, will gladly LAN with you, are perverted

Worst: REFRACTORY PERIOD

fantasyjunkie
07-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Girls
Worste: everything
best: everything
Bert got it right on the nail head!

DeathKnight
07-11-2006, 02:58 AM
HORRIBLY DISGUSTING-Girls NEVER go for the right guys.

SUPER AMAZINGLY COOL-They're cute and girly and always want to be protected:D

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 03:06 AM
BEST: They smell nice, they're always warm, they're nice to look at, the "awww" thing that they do when you get hurt.

WORST: Mood swings, PMS as an excuse, can whip guys easily.

Loony BoB
07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Worst:
- A lot of them have this silly expectation that the guy will know what is wrong. Even when we say we don't know what is wrong, they will sulk and be uptight for a long time, hoping (oh, they are optimistic, I'll give them that) that we will suddenly realise what is in fact wrong at some point later that day.
- When you don't say sorry, they tell you that all you need to do is say sorry once in a while.
- When you do say sorry, sorry just isn't good enough.
- They spend your money. They encourage you to spend your money more than you would like to, and make you feel like you're poor if you don't buy them pretty much everything.
- They can be rather self-centered when it comes to some things, such as conversation - they enjoy talking about what they did that day, what they've done in their lives, what they think, but when it comes to what the guy thinks it's not so important. This can also go with what things you want to do together during the day etc.

Best:
- The way they feel when you wrap your arms around them, or slide your hands over them. And even more so, the way you feel when they wrap their arms around you.
- The way their hair smells when they've just washed it and it's yet to dry.
- The way they get scared over silly things.
- Their cooking. The fact that they actually want to cook for you.
- Oh, fine. Breasts. I mean, you can't really deny that they have the better looking body overall, too. Even straight girls often admit this.
- The way they make you feel - when things are going well, anyway!

People who are bothered by generalisations in this thread amuse me. Come on, we're being asked to generalise. I can accept the generalisation that guys only think about boobs and sex or something like that because for a lot of guys it's warranted (although obviously 'only' is an exaggeration). Doesn't mean the same goes for me. You silly people!

Cruise Control
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Women
Best: They marginally contribute to society
Worst: They are an enormous waste of time Not to mention a waste of valuable resources.

Dreddz
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Best - Clean and smell nice.

Worst - Most are boring.

Zeldy
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Best - They make you feel special, and wanted. They're comfortable to lie on (LIKE LEAN ON, YOU SICK PEOPLE)
They are funny.

Worst - They can be inconsiderate, they are easily distracted, not totally loyal. Perverted, and rude.

Madame Adequate
07-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Girl's best;

- They can be extremely patient and comforting if you've got a problem.
- They can be so tender and loving. Look at a mother with her child.
- A determined woman will not give up (Could be a bad thing sometimes, but I find it admirable).
- they smel gud hyuk hyuk (Seriously though, girls smell wonderful a lot of the time.)
- They have curves that make me crazy.

Girl's worst;

- They act like Humanity isn't designed for sex, and that it's bad of you to want it (Yeah, right up there with eating being bad) or talk about it or anything.
- They wear revealing outfits and then get mad if you look. If I wanted to test my discipline, I'd join a monastery.
- They lie about feelings. A lot.
- They can be extremely selfish, but also real hypocrites about it. You give and give and give and get nothing for yourself and then they get mad if you stop because you're, apparently, being selfish.

- They can be rather self-centered when it comes to some things, such as conversation - they enjoy talking about what they did that day, what they've done in their lives, what they think, but when it comes to what the guy thinks it's not so important. This can also go with what things you want to do together during the day etc.

Oh my lord yes. You have no idea how true that is. =/

(Though one of my best friends is a girl who hasn't got a SINGLE one of the negative traits I listed there. I'm somewhat jealous of her boyfriend :p)

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Guys

Best- There're funny, cute, and so sweet.:)

Worst- They can be mean, insensitive, hostile, and make me (or other girls) feel uncomfortable at times.:(

fire_of_avalon
07-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Menfolks.

Best - In my experience, men give better advice than women. Whether this is because men are more capable to think outside themselves (which I don't believe) or are socially/biologically structured to see more of the big picture than women (nor do I believe this), or whatever other reasons there may be for this, I don't know. I do know that when I go to my female friends for advice, most of them are either severely wanting, or just give up and wish me luck. My male friends ask me for the details of the situation, and then advise me based on their experience. It seems to me that a man is more willing to share his point of view than a woman is, at least in the men and women I know.

Also, I like to look at men. I really, really like to look at men. I was waiting to pick up my dad yesterday, and these guys had a flat tire and pulled up next to me in the parking lot, and the one guy was half naked and foa was like *stare*.

Also, the men I meet tend to be more accepting of me immediately. Most women I'm introduced to seem to take a long time to warm up to me, and most other people. Again, this could occur for a number of reasons, but I think it's mainly insecurity. One can't accept others, their positive and negative attributes, until one accepts the positive and negative in oneself. I think most men do this at an earlier age than most women, though they may have an outward appearance of incredibly vanity.

Worst - Miriel hit the nail squarely on the head when she mentioned broken promises. If you say you're going to do something, then you do it. I think many men say they will do something just for the instant levity it brings to conflict. That is to say, men say they will do things they don't really want to do, and then don't do them, and then get mad when you get mad at them for not doing them, then they tell you they never wanted to do it and so you're like "so basically you lied about your willingness to do this" and they're like NO YOU ARE WRONG YOU STUPID GIRL. Or they tell you they forgot about it. Which means it didn't take importance in their mind, and it did in yours. Then they say you're trying to paint them into a corner by putting words in their mouth.

If you don't want to do something, or don't think something is important enough to remember or even note, then say so. I would rather you be truthful to me from go, than to mislead me and cause worse problems later.

Also, pay attention to me when you call me, or don't call me. That drives me bat/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif when people do that. Grah!

Shoeberto
07-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Girls.

Best: They really do smell wonderful, consistently. It's uncanny, really. I go half a day without showering with a good helping of deodorant and I'm still stinky. Girls don't even need perfume, they just smell good. And they're comforting. A friendly girl can cheer a guy up just by paying attention to him. It also seems easier to open up to girls about personal things, because doing that with male friends is pretty tough - my friends are really into having a good time and joking around, so serious moments aren't common. Their bodies are also more attractive, and warm, and soft, and the hair and the eyes and the lips and whooooa.

Worst: Conversationally self-centered. Their thoughts and problems often override those of another, either ignoring the other person's problem by not offering advice or just transitioning into their own without resolving anything. Also, very emotional, and can draw things out or make a huge deal out of a small problem which can be easily resolved. A lot like to fill in silences with smalltalk, because they have nothing important to say otherwise, and drag out an awkward conversation for as long as possible while poorly pretending to sound interested in the answers to their "How are you?"s.

Yamaneko
07-11-2006, 07:23 PM
I think we can all agree then that men are generally less annoying than women.

Levian
07-11-2006, 07:24 PM
The following listings does obviously not apply to every girl, it's just personal experience.

Best:

They generally don't like soccer, meaning the world doesn't end if we don't watch the game.
Easier to get to know. Girls are often more interested in getting to know you.
Prettier than boys. Duh.
Our livingroom doesn't look like hell after they've been there.
Great to have when you feel like relaxing. Girls often want to do more relaxing stuff, like going to the beach, go to the mall, watch a movie. or play frickin' cards. It's nice.
I like watching scary movies with them. The ones that like scary movies, at least.

Worst:

A lot of girls tend to like romantic comedies and cartoons. Some romantic comedies can be nice, like Miss Undercover, but the last 15 minutes of all of them makes me cringe. It's the part where they break up, and she rides the elevator down while crying, and then he runs down the stairs and appears before the elevator on the ground floor, without breath and says something very touching.
If you get beat up by someone, they won't help.
Women tend to talk more negative about men in general than men do about women. No, seriously. You really do. Men tends to talk more negative about individual women, whether they do it more or less than women, I don't know.

Rocket Edge
07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
I enjoyed reading everyones so far..

Ha!

I think we can all agree then that men are generally less annoying than women.
Er.. i'd say miriel would think differant :p

Avarice-ness
07-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Guys Best.

When they state they act all tough and like a total A-hole but you know they're really squishy inside. :love:
That they stand up for more things then a girl would.

Guys Worst.
When they over react to the smallest things.
When they are stubborn and won't talk to much.

Oh... Uh.. sorry I got <3's everywhere. =[

Levian
07-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Ha!

The following listings does obviously not apply to every girl, it's just personal experience.

Sure, maybe you would help. Never said you wouldn't. It's impossible to make a list like this without generalising.

Resha
07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Guys are...just guys. O_O That speaks for itself, that word. See...

Best: Cute guys. Hot guys. Sweet guys. Nice guys. Funny guys.

Worst: The kind of guys that make you go "GUYS!!!!!!!!! JWFVWYFCV2FGV2 :mad2::mad2::mad2: AGH GUYS!!!!!! KWGDFV2YF".

I just like italics that's all ^___^

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Positive Aspects of Girls: Pretty much better at everything than guys. The girls I've met are usually more fun to talk to, have better taste, are nowhere near as idiotic, and are much better looking than guys that I meet.

Negative Aspects: They don't like me... :( Of course, neither do guys, so maybe that doesn't count.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow, nice lists. I read through the entire thread.

Best about girls: they can be very comforting and understanding, deep conversations with them, often a very strong friendship with them if you two are "just friends". ^^

Worst about girls: some girls can be very backstabbing, pretending to be something they aren't, lying about their feelings, acting like they're your friend, but in reality, they want to stab you in the heart.

NeoCracker
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Girls.

Best: They really do smell wonderful, consistently. It's uncanny, really. I go half a day without showering with a good helping of deodorant and I'm still stinky. Girls don't even need perfume, they just smell good. And they're comforting. A friendly girl can cheer a guy up just by paying attention to him. It also seems easier to open up to girls about personal things, because doing that with male friends is pretty tough - my friends are really into having a good time and joking around, so serious moments aren't common. Their bodies are also more attractive, and warm, and soft, and the hair and the eyes and the lips and whooooa.

Worst: Conversationally self-centered. Their thoughts and problems often override those of another, either ignoring the other person's problem by not offering advice or just transitioning into their own without resolving anything. Also, very emotional, and can draw things out or make a huge deal out of a small problem which can be easily resolved. A lot like to fill in silences with smalltalk, because they have nothing important to say otherwise, and drag out an awkward conversation for as long as possible while poorly pretending to sound interested in the answers to their "How are you?"s.
I can now see you sneaking up to random girls and then sniffing their hair like it was Crack. And after one extremely loud and long sniff you go, "Aahh". ITs quite the funny image. Wish you could see it like I do.

Rocket Edge
07-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Girls.

I can now see you sneaking up to random girls and then sniffing their hair like it was Crack. And after one extremely loud and long sniff you go, "Aahh". ITs quite the funny image. Wish you could see it like I do.
Lol

DeathKnight
07-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Women
Best: They marginally contribute to society
Worst: They are an enormous waste of time Not to mention a waste of valuable resources.

:laugh:

there are exceptions

Madame Adequate
07-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Girls.

Oh, I assure you that I see it like you do.

Also I think my kidneys exploded from laughter :(

Shiny
07-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Boys

Worst: They have hairy armpits with clunks of deordorant in them and they think it's okay, because they're guys. They make long lists of things they like and dislike about the opposite sex, and expect people to actually read them.
Best: Anything else

Jojee
07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Worst - Miriel hit the nail squarely on the head when she mentioned broken promises. If you say you're going to do something, then you do it. I think many men say they will do something just for the instant levity it brings to conflict. That is to say, men say they will do things they don't really want to do, and then don't do them, and then get mad when you get mad at them for not doing them, then they tell you they never wanted to do it and so you're like "so basically you lied about your willingness to do this" and they're like NO YOU ARE WRONG YOU STUPID GIRL. Or they tell you they forgot about it. Which means it didn't take importance in their mind, and it did in yours. Then they say you're trying to paint them into a corner by putting words in their mouth.

If you don't want to do something, or don't think something is important enough to remember or even note, then say so. I would rather you be truthful to me from go, than to mislead me and cause worse problems later.

Also, pay attention to me when you call me, or don't call me. That drives me bat/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif when people do that. Grah! Yes!

And best: They're generally easier to talk to than girls :O And more fun to be around!

- Their cooking. The fact that they actually want to cook for you. NEvar!! That's not... even a slightly accurate generalization! At least in the girls I know :p

daggertrepe
07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Guyz: Oh gosh some of them are REALLY hott, and on top pf that, they are really nice, I like it when they vow to protect us and hold us and squeeze us! :love:

Bad things bout guys-

If you get them angry some of them can be very destructive, and most of the time they get very suspicious about other guys! :(

NeoCracker
07-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Guyz: Oh gosh some of them are REALLY hott, and on top pf that, they are really nice, I like it when they vow to protect us and hold us and squeeze us! :love:

Bad things bout guys-

If you get them angry some of them can be very destructive, and most of the time they get very suspicious about other guys! :(
They get suspisious cause they know what they would do if they were in teh other guys shoes, and they don't want it happening to them. So our suspicion is warrented.

NorthernChaosGod
07-13-2006, 11:21 PM

Bad things bout guys-

They get suspisious cause they know what they would do if they were in teh other guys shoes, and they don't want it happening to them. So our suspicion is warrented.
Agreed.

Loony BoB
07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Oh, just tell it like it is, you lot. :p I get suspicious because I know from experience that girls can get hooked on random guys and cheat on you and/or leave you for them. The same reason that a girl would get suspicious if their guy was hanging around some girl a lot of the time. That's pretty normal, especially in the early stages of a (hopefully long term) relationship.

Rocket Edge
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh, just tell it like it is, you lot. :p I get suspicious because I know from experience that girls can get hooked on random guys and cheat on you and/or leave you for them. The same reason that a girl would get suspicious if their guy was hanging around some girl a lot of the time. That's pretty normal, especially in the early stages of a (hopefully long term) relationship.

I second that, thats why its difficult at the start of a relationship to know how far and how much to give towards it. Hell, treat her nicely in the first couple of months and she dont want to know about you. And its very much so vice-versa, as i know it.

Reine
07-16-2006, 05:18 AM
A great thread, I read through all of it.

Cant think of much atm, but I'll post stuff later

fantasyjunkie
07-16-2006, 07:30 AM
I have been with this forum for a year now and this is the first one that I actually enjoyed reading all the way though.
My wife's best point: Smells nice and is really soft and nice to hug :)
My wife's worst point: In our 15 and a half years of marriage, she has never learned that you have to TELL a guy what you want and that we don't pick up hints and are not telepathic. :mad2: You ever heard about hitting a mule upside the head with a board to get it's attention? thats us!