PDA

View Full Version : what happens to Balamb Garden

loinharte
07-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Have you ever wondered what happens to Garden when you bet the game? i think the continue on as normal, but who knows

Rantz
07-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Well, their primary goal (to defeat sorceresses) is already completed, but from the ending sequence it seems that they carry on, maybe just for fun :p

The fact that it flies past everybody in the ending sequence could be a metaphor for the continuation of good life.

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
What do you mean? Well, maybe it becomes a 'party-garden', going around the world and throwing seeds out of the window or something.

They probably didn't think it would be very relevent, so they just didn't mention it. At least everyone appears to be having a good time, and I suppose that's enough for me.

LunarWeaver
07-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I smell a complilation of sequels.

SeeDRankLou
07-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, their primary goal (to defeat sorceresses) is already completed,
They did complete their goal, but they completed it in the future, which means that the time between now and then may still yield the threat of some lesser sorceresses, so their goal is not complete yet. And someone has to fend off Ultimecia until Squall and co. come from the past and defeat her. At that point in the future, their goal will be complete.

I would say they continue training SeeDs, but not until after the celebration of completing their task....in the future.

HolyMackeral
07-11-2006, 01:13 AM
I see what you mean Lou, so their mission isnt complete until time passes until the present is what was then the future when Ultimecia was defeated.

Rantz
07-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah you're right, and I don't think we can determine what happens in the time between what we could call "the present" and "the future", so as a matter of fact there could be more sorceresses on the loose. Who knows?

Rocket Edge
07-11-2006, 01:51 AM
No, but you mentioning got me thinking. I'd say it just went back to doing what it always did, there would be no other reason to suggest it wouldnt, for educational reasons if nothing else.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 02:30 AM
I would say they continue training SeeDs

Qurange
07-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Why, they'd be stuck in the middle of political intrigue, of course.

(Also, the SeeD thing.)

G SpOtZ
07-11-2006, 06:55 AM
They're gonna kill Rinoa for being an evil sorceress... eventually?

Maybe they'll help restore Trabia. I did like the party-garden idea though. I'd throw a freakin 24/7 party in a flying school anyday. Err... everyday? Yeah, everyday.

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Well, their primary goal (to defeat sorceresses) is already completed,
They did complete their goal, but they completed it in the future, which means that the time between now and then may still yield the threat of some lesser sorceresses, so their goal is not complete yet. And someone has to fend off Ultimecia until Squall and co. come from the past and defeat her. At that point in the future, their goal will be complete.

I would say they continue training SeeDs, but not until after the celebration of completing their task....in the future.
They defeated her in compressed time, I am pretty certain that means she was defeated past, present, and future.

And I'm sure there will still be a need for Seeds, so they probably will still do that.

loinharte
07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Well I still think they'll continue to make SeeD, for one whein the LunarCry happened all them monsters fell in Esthar someone gotta do somin. and they could act like a mercanary were people hire SeeD to fight.

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Garden starts training SeeDs for the sequel...

loinharte
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
How do tou know theres gonna be a FFVII-2(dont get me wrong i hope theres a sequel).

SeeDRankLou
07-11-2006, 08:19 PM
They defeated her in compressed time, I am pretty certain that means she was defeated past, present, and future.
They defeat her in nearly compressed time actually. And since she is the one performing time compression, she is in essence pulling all of time to herself, compressing it into one moment, and since she in in the future they did indeed defeat her in the future, where time was being compressed.

lionhearte, Skyblade was being fecious. :D

loinharte
07-11-2006, 10:31 PM
They defeat her in nearly compressed time actually. And since she is the one performing time compression, she is in essence pulling all of time to herself, compressing it into one moment, and since she in in the future they did indeed defeat her in the future, where time was being compressed.

Good reason Lou, but they still gotta do somin bout Esthar!:D

Hearts
07-11-2006, 10:39 PM
That was pretty cool, thanks for sharing. :D

loinharte
07-18-2006, 06:55 PM
? right no problem

Heath
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I think they'd continue as a standard mercenary training base performing jobs like the Dollet mission in order to keep the institution going. Besides, there'd be mass unemployment otherwise.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
They fly around for ever and ever until they run out of petrol and have to tow it to Deling City. Then they realise that the garden runs on unleaded rather than diesel so they have to shell out a fortune to fix the bloody thing. Then they decide that it's too much trouble to fly about in so when it gets fixed they fly it back to Balamb and bury it back in the crater where it was to begin with!!! YAAAAY!!! :kaocheer:

G SpOtZ
07-20-2006, 02:57 AM
I think you guys (except SeeDRankLou) are forgetting that SeeD fights Sorceresses. Just because they defeated Ulti doesn't mean there are no more sorceresses in the world to fight. There's more, some hidden and not abusing their powers, but there's always bound to be at least one evil sorceress, so the purpose of SeeDs continues.

Trabia needs to be rebuilt.

Qurange
07-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Not to mention that with Galbadia's flagging political situation they'll get a lot of business. And they have to deal with Seifer.

loinharte
07-22-2006, 09:44 PM
dont forget the monsters in Esthar

Iceglow
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Ok so most of the possible theories have been stated. I believe personally that since in no world real or fantasy is peace forever lasting that Squall who is the overall commander of SeeD and it's Garden bases would see the neccessity of continuing operations. All of the cadets who stayed for the Gabaldia garden battle would be experienced SeeD candidates (if he didn't raise them merely for being able to hold off so many soldiers) Esthar is a mess due to the Lunar Cry and if you listened to the game script one of the characters mentions on board the Ragnorak (soon after returning from space) that a representative of the Estharian Government (Kiros) has contacted you in regards to negotiating SeeD help in eradicating and controlling the monsters falling from the sky. Gabaldia is screwed. Their government is in an anarchiac state with no clear head of government. Dollet will possibly be afraid of further attacks as will FH and no doubt Timber would launch a full liberation front. Aside from all of this Selphie would like to repair Trabia Garden and no doubt unless Squall ordered Gabaldia Garden destroyed they would need that repairing too.

PerpetualBurn
07-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Except for Cid and Norg, no one knew the real objective of Garden. For everyone else it was an elite group of mercenaries that were contracted to the highest bidder.

Since political unrest is almost certain to be prevalent forever (this is true in any world), Garden would carry on as normal. Why wouldn't they? It would still be a profitable business as it always had been.

Qurange
07-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm with Iceglow, pretty much.

loinharte
07-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Ok so most of the possible theories have been stated. I believe personally that since in no world real or fantasy is peace forever lasting that Squall who is the overall commander of SeeD and it's Garden bases would see the neccessity of continuing operations. All of the cadets who stayed for the Gabaldia garden battle would be experienced SeeD candidates (if he didn't raise them merely for being able to hold off so many soldiers) Esthar is a mess due to the Lunar Cry and if you listened to the game script one of the characters mentions on board the Ragnorak (soon after returning from space) that a representative of the Estharian Government (Kiros) has contacted you in regards to negotiating SeeD help in eradicating and controlling the monsters falling from the sky. Gabaldia is screwed. Their government is in an anarchiac state with no clear head of government. Dollet will possibly be afraid of further attacks as will FH and no doubt Timber would launch a full liberation front. Aside from all of this Selphie would like to repair Trabia Garden and no doubt unless Squall ordered Gabaldia Garden destroyed they would need that repairing too.

i agree

licence
08-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Not to mention that with Galbadia's flagging political situation they'll get a lot of business. And they have to deal with Seifer.

Deal with Seifer?

Qurange
08-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Sure. A lot of people in the world are going to be very angry at Seifer.

licence
08-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Oh I see. I thought you were meaning it as in Seifer hadn't changed back to normal.

Qurange
08-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh, no, not at all. Though 'normal' might be the wrong word now that he's in control of his mind again and has to deal with the whole thing, I think he's no longer under Ulti's control, considering.

loinharte
08-01-2006, 11:57 PM
of course hes not under ultis control squal and gang kicked her arse
but he still might be crazy:spin: :radred:

sephirothishere
08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
i thought that in the end after you have killed ultimecia...she goes back in time to the orphanage and gives edea her powers so then the whole cycle kinda starts again except this time squall have already killed ultimecia so she is dead to put it bluntly....

Iceglow
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
She gave Edea her powers however Edea explains this one quite nicely. No the loop does not continue Edea firstly shows up as the Sorceress who takes over Gabaldia (funny they fought Esthar because they were ruled by a sorceress, strange how things work out in the end isn't it?) This is all when she is under Ultimecia's control however after her defeat in the awesome clash between Gabaldia Garden and Balamb Garden she regains her self control. After the battle when you talk to Cid and Edea in the orphanage either her or Cid state that Edea was a sorceress long before Ultimecia took over her powers and mind for herself. Edea couldn't explain the prescence of the sorceress that gave her, her original powers she just appeared one day when Edea was young. When you go back in time at the end of the game and witness Ultimecia giving Edea her powers that is Edea recieving her first batch of powers. In other words Ultimecia was destined to lose from the begining because for Edea to be a Sorceress meant that Ultimecia had to die. It doesn't mean that Edea would later then become posessed by Ultimecia again as well she's dead and I believe Time compression (once fixed by Ellone stopping it) would have ironed out the time line so that it wasn't a loop.

As for Seifer? Well his problems that Squall and company would have to "deal with" as some one put it are likely or not going to be things they cannot deal with, yes they can help him become accepted by the world once more as not going to destroy it infact since he, Fujin and Raijin seem to be fishing in the great lake in Esthar they are being taken in by the Estharian government no doubt Laguna offered to help Squall out there. Probaby in return for Seifer and his friends help against the monsters if they were willing to fight them even, Seifer has a lot of demons to confront, he tortured the few people he could consider allies and friends (even though him and Squall hate each other it's somewhat similar to me and my old worst enemy it's more a case that they were alike and didn't want to admit that they were), in ordering troops to attack Balamb and Trabia garden's he condemned many to death and almost killed his ex-girlfriend who it seemed he still liked if you look in to the actions taken in Balamb on the night of graduation, in Esthar.

As to the possibility it is a time loop? (I question this one myself here) No it doesn't begin again for the Squall you control has already killed Ultimecia and ended the conflict that led him to that point. As for another universe within the multiverse it is entirely possible he witnessed the beginning of the conflict. Look at our own understanding of the multiverse (and yes it is a real thing) and you'll understand. If you know nothing go read up on astro physics, quantam physics or to cut the effort down watch a program that used to be on called Sliders and the film The One with jet li they explain a bit and afaik the knowlege is pretty sound (apart from the power transfer in the one)