PDA

View Full Version : We need love too

Nick Schovitz
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Do you think that Square Enix is giving to much attention to FFVII? They should know with so many FF games that everyone won't agree that VII is the best like me, Instead making all the recent spin offs and movies for VII they should something for VII or IX, or maybe include a game with characters from every Final Fantasy KH only includes some.

NeoCracker
07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
No, cause FF VII is the most poplular thus makes the most money. They'll milk it until people start getting tired of it.

DJZen
07-10-2006, 10:19 PM
How about some love for the DQ fans? Oh wait, that's right... The untouchables aren't allowed to talk. My bad.

LunarWeaver
07-10-2006, 10:32 PM
It would be lovely if they made spin-offs and sequels to all of them, because then everybody could complain about the overdose of milking instead of this and that would be more fun to read.

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Final Fantasy II-2: The Return of Paramekia.

LunarWeaver
07-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Final Fantasy IX-2: Blank's Story

I fixed your typo for you Zero.

Nick Schovitz
07-10-2006, 10:44 PM
DQ VII! does have a spin off with Yangus in Japan. VII can't possibly make the most money when it's so annoying and overrated.

drunkymonkey
07-10-2006, 11:20 PM
How about a chocobo racing ga-

Oh.

~SapphireStar~
07-10-2006, 11:26 PM
No, cause FF VII is the most poplular thus makes the most money. They'll milk it until people start getting tired of it.

Nick Schovitz
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Everyone is tired of it and they won't do it for money that's just immoral they should it for what's in they're hearts not their pockets. And what about XIII as I've heard from E3 they're releasing two spin offs for it and it hasn't even been released anywhere yet.

LunarWeaver
07-10-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm not tired of it. I like their sequels and their spin-offs :)

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 11:54 PM
DQ VII! does have a spin off with Yangus in Japan. VII can't possibly make the most money when it's so annoying and overrated.

DQVIII has the Yangus spinoff in Japan. Not VII. (Although it probably does have a few, excluding Itadaki Street Special.)

Why wouldn't DQ VIII make alot of money? Why is it so annoying and overrated?

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Everyone is tired of it and they won't do it for money that's just immoral they should it for what's in they're hearts not their pockets.
What do you mean they wont!? They are doing it already, AC and Last Order? They are a huge money making company of course it will be for money and not the goodness in their hearts. Wake up, the world isnt all flowers and sunshine. Companys have been making barrels of money from a product they know will sell for countless years. And theres no way your post would tug at their heart strings.

DJZen
07-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Everyone is tired of it and they won't do it for money that's just immoral they should it for what's in they're hearts not their pockets.

Why exactly do you think FFVII was made in the first place?

Shiny
07-11-2006, 08:23 AM

Chris
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
FFVII was, and still is, the most popular Final Fantasy game to date.

As much as I would love to see some more of the FFIX universe, I doubt that's going to happen.

I still like FFVII, but none of the spinoffs have capture me the way the original game did.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Square Enix did a sequel for a non-FFVII game. That was FFX-2, and it gets bashed a lot. A sequel for games like FF1-6 could either get old-school gamers seriously annoyed at SE for ruining their beloved games with cashing sequels with eye-candy graphics and a bad storyline, or it just wouldn't get enough people interested because the older FFs still aren't as popular as the PS titles.

An FFVIII sequel could do, but a lot of people hate the game and Squall anyway, so not everyone would be interested in it. FFIX is quite underrated and not much of the story is left open in the end, so I have a feeling an FFIX sequel wouldn't get enough fans interested in it. FFX already has a sequel and FFXI is getting add-ons all the time. SE is making sequels and spinoffs for FFVII because that game is popular and there's many places in the world of FFVII where you can expand the story.

How about some love for the DQ fans? Oh wait, that's right... The untouchables aren't allowed to talk. My bad.

Hmm, I got an idea. How about doing a sequel for FF: Mystic Quest? :D

KasaiDraco
07-11-2006, 04:23 PM
They bashed FFX-2 because it was teeny bopper crap.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
They bashed FFX-2 because it was teeny bopper crap.
Who bashed FFX2? Teeny bopper? That is so sterotypical, guys also liked FFX2 you know. It isnt a 100% girl fanbase.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
You can count me as one of the male fans of that game.

Also, FFX and FFVII had sequels because they were the only ones that had an ambiguous ending. Pretty much all of the other games had very clear, concise ending, thus the same treatment is not viable.

Let’s leave sequels to fanfiction enthusiasts.

Christmas
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Let's make a Final Fantasy 1-2. WAIT, This is so confusing, :screwy:

Vivisteiner
07-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Id like an FFIX one to see

if vivi really died

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
They make it pretty obvious that he does die, considering his final speech/the fact that he doesn't appear in the end.

LunarWeaver
07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I want to see if Quina ever got enough frogs or not.
I disagree that only VII and X were open-ended. They were the most open-ended in terms of deserving a sequel, that's true, but I could see many possibilities for a sequel to both VIII and IX. But IX will never get one, will it :cry:

Vivisteiner
07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
They make it pretty obvious that he does die, considering his final speech/the fact that he doesn't appear in the end.
Yeah I know. I just cant accept it... :cry:
They wont have an FFIX-2 as it only sold around 5 million copies.

Griff
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Imagine the possibilities:
FF1-2: black belt is dead, fighter is dumb, and bM is always trying to score with WM, oh wait..
FF8-2: Zell finally gets a hot dog
FF9-2: Quina finally gets a definate gender
FFX3: Tidus is revived, only evil, after Yuna shoots randomly into the water. While making out he is revealed to be a telepath and blows up Yuna to a thousand pieces. Rikku and Wakka find him unconcious and take him to cid's airship. When he wakes up he seduces and tricks Rikku into letting him escape and goes to the Zanarkand ruins. Rikku, Wakka and Cid all go there to try to get him back but run into Seymour and other people who want to bring back the ways of Yevon. Cid and Seymour enter the ruins and find Tidus sitting alone. Cid tries to talk to him but inevitably gets blown up much like Yuna. Seymour tells him he can give him true power and Tidus follows him. eventually a large battle takes place between wakka's group and the Yevon followers. But Tidus eventually goes crazy and begins to blow up everyone. eventually everyone runs away leaving just Tidus and Rikku on the battlefield. Tidus regains sanity for a brief moment and asks Rikku to kill him. She doesn't want to but knows she has to, so she does. The end. (sorry to everyone who hasn't seen x3 yet)

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I for one, want to see a bunch of Genome babies.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
FFX3: Tidus is revived, only evil, after Yuna shoots randomly into the water. While making out he is revealed to be a telepath and blows up Yuna to a thousand pieces. Rikku and Wakka find him unconcious and take him to cid's airship. When he wakes up he seduces and tricks Rikku into letting him escape and goes to the Zanarkand ruins. Rikku, Wakka and Cid all go there to try to get him back but run into Seymour and other people who want to bring back the ways of Yevon. Cid and Seymour enter the ruins and find Tidus sitting alone. Cid tries to talk to him but inevitably gets blown up much like Yuna. Seymour tells him he can give him true power and Tidus follows him. eventually a large battle takes place between wakka's group and the Yevon followers. But Tidus eventually goes crazy and begins to blow up everyone. eventually everyone runs away leaving just Tidus and Rikku on the battlefield. Tidus regains sanity for a brief moment and asks Rikku to kill him. She doesn't want to but knows she has to, so she does. The end. (sorry to everyone who hasn't seen x3 yet)

I think you've had too much X-Men: The Last Stand. :D Though you forgot about the subplot of Shinra finding the cure for the Unsent and Fiends, so they can be returned back to humans. Seymour is against that, getting Fiends to his side by saying, "They wish to cure us, but I say we are the cure!" Auron, however, doesn't want to be an Unsent anymore, so he takes the cure and turns from an Unsent to a young man, and he gets Rikku in the end. :p

Medi
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Here's a thought. All of the games are great, and when they drain their popularity into the sequels/spinoffs, it makes everything so stale. It's a novel concept, I know. How about they leave all the games alone and stop making the previously stated sequels/spinoffs that only ruin their predecessors, and make new, original, and exciting games? It's a novel concept, I know.

IMHO

Nick Schovitz
07-11-2006, 09:19 PM

DQVIII has the Yangus spinoff in Japan. Not VII. (Although it probably does have a few, excluding Itadaki Street Special.)

Why wouldn't DQ VIII make alot of money? Why is it so annoying and overrated?
I was speaking of FFVII

Dell
07-14-2006, 04:29 AM
A sequel for IX.