PDA

View Full Version : UMARO- do you find him in WOB or WOR? PLus some pre-wor necessary action tips...

Purplestar
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey all,

I want to find Umaro but don't know how. I've heard you go to where Mog was saved and fight someone? but who? Plus does this happen in WOB or WOR?

Plus, what are some absolute necessary things I must must must do before the WOR starts? I haven't gone to the sealed gate yet, but I have gaia gear, fought intangirs, etc....

Also, I've fought a grenade and went back to the veldt and used leap command with Gau but he still hasn't learned it yet!!! Am I missing something?

THANK YOU!
:mog: :D

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 10:23 PM
In the World of Ruin, after you recruit Mog, you go to the back of the snow field where the Esper (Tritoch) is. You'll have to fight him, and after you defeat him, a hole opens up on the side of the cliff. You jump down it to enter Umaro's Lair, and at the end of it, you'll find a weird bone carving with the Terrato Magicite in it, and after taking it, you have to battle Umaro. After you beat him, he'll join your party.

abrojtm
07-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Make sure you get Mog's Water Rhondo Dance. It's not available in the WoR.

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Oh, I didn't see the other questions.

Well, have you gotten all the items from the Imperial Camp and Doma Castle yet? (Provided you got enough Peace Points at the banquet.)

Water Rondo, for sure.

Can't think of much else, really.

Purplestar
07-11-2006, 03:18 AM
What about character training? Is there any specifics on ways I need to train my characters before I enter the WOR? For instance on triangle island the intangirs give you 10 magic points , so should I stay there to boost my mages before I go of to WOR?

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 03:22 AM
As long as Celes has decent offensive magic (all the second level elemental spells), you should be fine. Cure 2, Life, and all the supportive spells are also helpful.

The Intagnirs are great, but they aren't guaranteed to appear every battle. I'd recommend using the Floating Continent, because getting 3-5 Magic Points every battle is better than sometimes getting 10 Magic Points a battle, imo.

Or you could go all-out and pimp out every playable character up to that point with every available spell. :cat:

Don't worry, there are better training options and spells in the WoR, so you don't need to be all-powerful right this second.

And generally, people are in the mid-late 20s by the FC, and maybe 30s if they like leveling up alot.

Flying Mullet
07-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Some "easy to miss" enemies in the WoB are Intangirs, Fossil Fangs, Grenades and Overminds. Intangirs are on Triangle Island, Fossil Fangs are in the desert southeast of Kohlington where Figaro Castle sits, Grenades are in the forest west of the Veldt and Overminds are only available on the Phantom Train. If you missed them when you were playing the Phantom train then you've missed them for good. Here's a decent reference on hard to find enemies in the WoB. (http://www.homemade-websites.com/figarocastle/ff6/hiddenenemies.php)

You said that yo ufought a grenade and then leaped at the Veldt. You leaped on a grenade, right? Because Gau only learns the rage(s) of the enemies in the battle that he leaps into and the battle he returns after. Just those two battles.

Zeromus
07-25-2006, 08:45 AM
WoR