PDA

View Full Version : Heh, cool.

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 11:21 PM
I *obtained by legal means* the FFII OST, and there are some unreleased tracks on it, including a kick-ass boss theme, a good airship theme, and another dungeon theme that sounds just like the Magic House. (Whatever Owzer's house theme is.)

Did anyone else discover these? I think they're pretty neat!

Evastio
07-11-2006, 12:27 AM
No. :( But I do have the FF Symphonic Suite Music CD. It's got orchestrated FFI & II songs.

So the FFII OST even has the deleted songs?! I've always wanted to hear them.

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, its all the original, 8-bit songs, not the enhanced Origins/GBA/WSC songs, so I guess that's why. I just got real kick out of the Owzer's house song. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2006, 12:41 AM
They've been common knowledge for many years. For more unreleased musical goodness, check out Final Fantasy IV Minimum Album (http://www.ffmusic.info/ff4minimum.html), Final Fantasy V Mambo de Chocobo (http://www.ffmusic.info/ff5manbo.html), and Final Fantasy VI Special Tracks (http://www.ffmusic.info/ff6special.html).

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I heard DJZen talking about something like this...well, in that case.

*obtains through legal means*

Edit: Actually, why wouldn't they release these? They just didn't have time to create the environments/whatever to have them played in?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
That, or they thought the songs didn't feel right for the environments or scenes they did have, or Uematsu considered them unfinished, or any other reason. All games have unfinished aspects; this is just a relatively rare occurrence where the developers decided to make some of those aspects public.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 01:48 PM
If I remember correctly, there was also an unreleased shop theme in FFII OST. That probably wasn't used because it sounded too much like FFI's shop theme, and Square decided to use the normal town music for shops anyway. Perhaps the battle music wasn't used because the NES version has only two different battle themes: normal battles and extreme special bosses (Behemoth, the Dragons, Emperor etc). The unreleased battle music wasn't as aggressive as the special boss theme, so it'd probably have worked as a normal boss song, but it seems Square kept the normal battle theme in ordinary boss fights. As for the Magic House music, I don't know why it wasn't used, but it was later rearranged in FFVI.

DJZen
07-12-2006, 05:35 AM
What's really odd is that the unreleased songs weren't used in the WSC remake, even though new songs were added.

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Yeah, the airship one would've fit perfectly. (It would've lightened up the mood of the already dark story, at any rate.)

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2006, 08:47 AM
What's really odd is that the unreleased songs weren't used in the WSC remake, even though new songs were added.

Good point. I once tried to find similarities between the WSC/Origins' normal boss theme and the unreleased battle them in NES, and while some parts maybe sound a bit similar, they still aren't different versions of the same song.

Peter_20
07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the airship one would've fit perfectly. (It would've lightened up the mood of the already dark story, at any rate.)I think the Airship theme would've seemed pretty unfitting, because FF2 is supposed to be very dark. :)

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Hm...that's a good point. Well, at least the world map theme was good enough. :cat: