PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Utility: The Legend of Barbecue Tiem

Shauna
07-11-2006, 02:19 AM
On Saturday, I went over to my Gran's house for a family gathering - my cousin had came over from Australia, so we obviously had to meet her. Anyway, we were planning to have a BBQ, but when everyone arrived it started to rain, and we got a Chinese instead.

Now, once the rain stopped, my dad and my uncle went outside and - like the pyromaniacs they are - started burning stuff in the BBQ. Bits of wood etc. They encouraged my little cousins to burn stuff as well. :D A whole bottle of lighter fluid was used, and the fire lasted until around 11pm - through rain too! We also got marshmallows and roasted them on our fire - they tasted god awful! :roll: Fun was had by all that day, except when it was smokey, and it burned our eyes. :(

So, the plans for having a BBQ ended up as things just getting burned. :)

So, for a topic, have you ever gotten something, and planned to use it for one thing, but ended up using it for something completely different? :D

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 02:20 AM
I remember buying gifts for friends on holidays and then keeping them for myself :D
And use the "There wasnt anything nice there really" excuse!

Shaun
07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
How about money? I planned to use it to change my life, but I've just purchased material objects with it... and now I've lost my job. *sigh*

Loony BoB
07-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I have used three sweatshirts as a makeshift kilt.
I use a wooden spoon to prop one of the windows in my flat open.
I use an old toothbrush to clean stuff like sinkholes and other such things that require a thin brush.
I have used ice for, er, reasons other than cooling drinks.
I use a cushion, amongst many other things, as a doorstop.
I use a hat to get wasps to fly out of my flat when they're stuck banging into the glass of my window.
I used a chair, quite unsuccessfully at one point, as a stepladder.

There are probably a lot more things I could think of but I'll stop for now.

drunkymonkey
07-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I once used a scottish flag I was going to wave about in a class with a Scottish teacher as something the whole class signed on the last day we had this teacher.

Damn it.

Resha
07-12-2006, 01:52 PM
YEP. I do it all the time. xD I gave my friend a pair of earrings once, and she...well, gah, stupid me. I didn't notice she didn't have piercings! Och, what a fool I was! (How Scottish did I sound with that 'och', eh? Touch of brilliance? :D Oh, please approve!)

But she's quicker than I, and she said, "NOT TO WORRY! I SHALL USE IT AS A PIN!" And really, she meant as a pin for her cork-board or something. Those lovely gold earrings :( Pinning pieces of paper to a board.

:barf: Oh, she saddens me.

Shauna
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
The och looks a little out of place there. :( Aye may have been able to sound more normal. :)

xD That made me laugh. :heart: But, that's awful. What a waste of gold earrings! :(

Resha
07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh gosh ;___; I'll really have to take Scottishy lessons from you one day. (But och is like the greatest thing ever.)

I like it how people use food at parties for everything but eating. Or to be more specific, for throwing at me. Food fights are despicable and a waste of food and they hurt! But there you are. An example of something being used for something other than its purpose. Porpoise.

People also do stuff with WORDS all the time. Like when people want to say fuck, they go and say FUDGE! I mean, FUDGE MAN, why do they DO that?! >=(

Shauna
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Not many people I know say och. :p

What a waste of food! :( A WASTE! And a waste of porpoises!

Why defile the good name of fudge?! WHY!?