PDA

View Full Version : Jaws keep locking :(

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 02:39 AM
Both mine and my boyfriends jaws keep locking. And its not due to anything rude, so dont even go there. Its painful when I sneeze cause it starts to click and it kills when I try to get it back to normal.

Its worse when we are alseep, I have to sleep with my jaw going towards the left or right to stop it hurting! Its horrible :( I think we both have wisdom teeth growing and its making our jaws lock.

How the hell do you get rid of jawlock :(

Raistlin
07-11-2006, 02:55 AM
This may be a radical idea, but a dentist might help. Especially if your wisdom teeth are growing in wrong.

DeathKnight
07-11-2006, 02:56 AM
Never heard of it ~SS~ :eyebrow:

*points to doc.* go there =)

Levian
07-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Most dentists don't know /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about lockjaw. My mom has the same problems and she went to a dentist, and the dentist said she had to see a doctor, as it was not in his field. Also, my grandma's jaw got locked while she was at the dentist, and it wouldn't go back. None of the dentists wanted to try either. So we ended up driving her to a hospital where a doctor whooped it back in a second. It was a bit nasty on the road, she threw up a lot and stuff. This is Norway, though. I don't know if dentists in other countries are like that.

Shiny
07-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Oh my gosh, I had this same problem a couple of years ago. I still do sometimes, but now I know how to control it. I agree with Levian, don't go to a dentist they won't help with this. I went to a dentist and they told me I had TMJ which I later found out to be false. It's probably due to stress. Sometimes I feel stressed I feel a tension in my jaw and it clicks, so what I do to calm myself is hum a tune in my head. I used to just take pain killers too.

Nominus Experse
07-11-2006, 07:32 AM
What position to you most often fall asleep in? Depending upon how the weight is distrubuted around your jaw and face, this may be something to take into account.

For me, I have to rest in a position that doesn't place any pressure on my jaw, as I tend to grind or clench my jaw when I sleep.

I haven't been diagnoised with anything, so I am not certain if what I have is what you describe, but all the same, as others have pointed out, talk to your doctor and dentist. They'll know better than any of us.

rubah
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
stop eating rusty metal and get a tetanus shot.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
It's probably due to stress. Sometimes I feel stressed I feel a tension in my jaw and it clicks, so what I do to calm myself is hum a tune in my head. I used to just take pain killers too.
Well I am trying to tranfer unis and it is taking its toll on me.

What position to you most often fall asleep in? Depending upon how the weight is distrubuted around your jaw and face, this may be something to take into account.
Usually on my right hand side.

What :D

escobert
07-11-2006, 10:31 AM
My jaw locks when I yawn sometimes. It sucks when I'm hangin out and my jaw locks up :( I also seem to be alsways tired so I get to yawn ALL the time. Thus I get my jaw locked atleast once a day.

Jojee
07-11-2006, 11:03 AM
o_O

That all sounds incredibly frightening.

My jaw has never locked before. XD

My cousin's does that though and he can't open his mouth very wide o_o;;

Shaun
07-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I remember some guy from my secondary school who enjoyed making his jaw make a snapping noise and he could just make his jaw click into place. It was really weird.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Both mine and my boyfriends jaws keep locking.

How romantic

Hambone
07-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Sounds painful.

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 09:39 PM
What :D

Tetanus is also called Lockjaw, because that is one of its symptoms. Rubah's just messing with you.

rubah
07-11-2006, 09:49 PM
*Shrugs* It could be the cause.

Yamaneko
07-11-2006, 09:50 PM
When I read the thread title I first thought this was going to be about the Jaws DVD locking up. :D

DeathKnight
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
When I read the thread title I first thought this was going to be about the Jaws DVD locking up. :D

:laugh: :roll: