PDA

View Full Version : A party for moi

BottledJustice
07-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Ok, I'm doing it again. That's right, I'm beating the game. However, I need a party to do it, and this time I'm letting you all decide. It's in your hands here, people.

-It can be any number of characters.
-I may or may not go through class change. I probably will, but we'll see.
-I'm not going to tell you which classes I like or dislike, if I get stuck with 4 of them, so be it!
-Don't give me a single BB/Master party. I've done it twice already and while I enjoyed it both times, it's wearing thin.
-Also, don't give me a single White Mage or a single Thief without class change and expect to get me to try it. I'm in this for fun, remember. The challenge is supposed to create the fun, not inhibit it.:frust:
-If you would like the party to be in a certain order, rather than me have it my way, say so.
-Something I just thought of, if there is an order you would like me to do things in, I'm game for that, too. As in, Lich, Tiamat, Kary, Class change, Kraken. That's a little more fun.

The final choice will be made by me, remember. I'll pick the first one that catches my interest. If I remember and I'm not lazy enough to not do it, I'll post some screenshots, especially of my 3 black mage 1 white mage party wiping all over Warmech or what have you. (That'd actually be a really funny fight, all 2 rounds of it.) :rolleyes2

It's in your hands (partly, at least) now. Let's see what you got! :p

Cruise Control
07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
4 Monks. Don't go out of your way to level.

No magic casting equips, use items for healing.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 01:51 PM
You may want to try out four White Mages/Wizards, unless you've already done that one.

Craig
07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Okay here's what I want you to do.

Stop playing the game.

Garland
07-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Two whms and two blms will let you learn every spell in the game. It could be fun.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Ok, I'm somewhat braindead right now (I'm awake for 7 hrs now and it's 3:30 AM in California, so pardon any blunder here.)

Given your priority criteria of "NO ONE-CLASS PARTY", I dare say...

Note: you can only choose what I suggested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion #1: White Magic Masochist Party(Personal dub)

Red Mage, Thief, Monk, Black Mage
Red Mage x2, Thief, Monk
Red Mage x2, Thief, Black Mage
Red Mage, Monk x2, Black Mage
Thief, Monk x2, Black Mage*
Red Mage, Thief x2, Black Mage
Red Mage, Thief, Black Mage x2

Challenge: show us a vid on how you gave Warmech a beating using any of the aforementioned parties (you can use Youtube to host that vid). Update: Nobody dies.

Suggestion #2: 1st Ed. Beatdown (this was the default party in the original release)

Fighter, Thief, Monk, Red Mage

Suggestion #3: 1 Fighter, 3 Mages

Fighter, White Mage x2, Black Mage
Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage x2
Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage

Challenge: White Mage MUST stay at least as 2nd-in-command remain alive for the entirety of the game, and have higher HP than the other mage type/s.

Suggestion #4: Dedicated Magic (theme: only one magic type!)

Fighter x2, White Mage x2
Fighter, White Mage, Monk x2
Thief x2, Black Mage x2*
Thief, Black Mage, Monk x2*
Thief, Monk, Black Mage x2*

*Note #2: they're both classified under suggestions 1 & 4.

General guideline:

--Go straight to the Royal Crown room before facing Astos; go claim the remaining items later on.
--After Lich, here's how the rest goes: Kraken, Marilith, Tiamat.

Good luck!

ljkkjlcm9
07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
You know, it really depends on what version you're playing

THE JACKEL

bipper
07-12-2006, 04:45 PM
However, I need a party to do it, and this time I'm letting you all decide. It's in your hands here, people.

No party is coplete with out cake. So bring a White mage, two black mages, and a thief. But the mages can't know the theif is there.

Black Mage FF1
07-12-2006, 05:40 PM
How about one of these..

Thief, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage

Red Mage, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage

Red Mage, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage

or my favorite party

Fighter, Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage :cool:

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Red Mage, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage

I'm currently using that party on FF1 DoS. I'm a bit worried about not having a Fighter in boss fights, but otherwise, the game has been easy so far. I'm only preparing for the Marsh Cave, though, and I probably won't play the game for a while since I've got some other things to do.

BottledJustice
07-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok, these have been interesting. I'm probably going to select one of Tim's, more than likely one of those beneath Suggestion 1. However, 2 questions.

Class change: Yes or no?

Also, what do you mean by going to the Crown Room before Astos? To my knowledge, which I'd like to think is fair, the only thing you can do with the crown is talk to Astos and fight him, and use it to go to the Castle of Ordeals. But since you can't do the latter without the former....:mog:

Crossblades
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
How about an entire party filled with Monks?:D

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok, these have been interesting. I'm probably going to select one of Tim's, more than likely one of those beneath Suggestion 1. However, 2 questions.

Also, what do you mean by going to the Crown Room before Astos? To my knowledge, which I'd like to think is fair, the only thing you can do with the crown is talk to Astos and fight him, and use it to go to the Castle of Ordeals. But since you can't do the latter without the former....:mog:

1. Yes. There's no way one can beat Warmech without it.

2. Given the notoriety of the Marsh Cave, when you're gonna go to the Marsh Cave for the first time in the game, only get the Royal Crown; acquire the remainder of the items in the cave later in the game.

Angi-Kaiser
07-12-2006, 09:18 PM
One Thief and one Black Belt. If you want to make it more difficult, don't do the class change so that you cannot use magic the entire game.

BottledJustice
07-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Crossblades, I'm a huge BB fan, I've already done that party, it's great fun.

Now, let's see. Because I'm feeling masochistic, and because momma always said try new things, I'm going to use....

Red Mage, Thiefx2, Black Mage!!!

For those who don't know, which is everyone, I Hate, absolutely hate thieves, and Red Mages aren't much better. Thus, a party like this is great for me. All the parties with Black Belts seemed like cheating. They're too UBER! A Black Mage should satisfy for my need to overkill things.

As for that Marsh Cave thing, ooook. I never go for treasure anyway, who wants to spend more time in Marsh Cave than necessary first time through? That's like going for the floater, then deciding to run around looking for the Ice Armor, and the Ice Sword, and fighting some Gr. Pedes out of boredom, then getting mushed by Mages. Meh.

We'll see about Warmech, this party really sucks. :p

EDIT: One plus about the two thieves I just thought of, I'll be able to run from ANYTHING! Which is good, because with two thieves, I'll be unable to kill ANYTHING!

Black Mage FF1
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM

1. Yes. There's no way one can beat Warmech without it.

2. Given the notoriety of the Marsh Cave, when you're gonna go to the Marsh Cave for the first time in the game, only get the Royal Crown; acquire the remainder of the items in the cave later in the game.

I have killed Warmech with a solo theif. If that can be done then he can easily kill warmech with that party w/o class change.

ChrisBurr555555
07-24-2006, 02:52 AM
My Suggestions

1.Warrior/Monk/Thief/Red Mage

2.2 Warriors/Red Mage/Thief

3.Warrior/2 Thiefs/Red Mage

4.Warrior/Thief/2 Red Mages

5.Warrior/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage

Class Change:Yes(Before Mt. Gulg/Gurgu Volcano)