PDA

View Full Version : I screwed up

Setzer Gabianni
07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
1. Blitzball. How. Do. You. Play. It. :(
2. What do you have to do in order to get Episode Complete in Mihen Highroad in Chapter 5?
3. I think I need at least 400 hundred points for a celebratory sequence in the Calm Lands, and does the Calm Lands have to be a hotspot? I think Bevelle does not need to be, but it appears so on my maplist.
4. There is something called the Invincible right? Tips on how to get it please on my next playthrough.
5. How do you complete the Via Infinito?
6. I think that's all for now, most of the questions asked I will do for my next playthrough, I jus need to know for this one only, my current playthrough, how to defeat all the fiends, apart from Aranea.

~Setzer Gabbiani

DeathKnight
07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
2. What do you have to do in order to get Episode Complete in Mihen Highroad in Chapter 5?
3. I think I need at least 400 hundred points for a celebratory sequence in the Calm Lands, and does the Calm Lands have to be a hotspot? I think Bevelle does not need to be, but it appears so on my maplist.
4. There is something called the Invincible right? Tips on how to get it please on my next playthrough.
6. I think that's all for now, most of the questions asked I will do for my next playthrough, I jus need to know for this one only, my current playthrough, how to defeat all the fiends, apart from Aranea.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Setzer! you're in big trouble..:(. I suggest you DO follow a strategy guide next time you play it.

1: There's a Blitzball tutorial, it's kinda different from FFX..but kinda the same, you just gotta pass the ball around and you have stats that affect how well your players throw, catch, fight, defend....so yes, you gots to go read the tutorial on that.
2: To get Chapter complete in Mihien, you had to do the commsphere thingies with Rin(catching the thief) As I remember, you can catch a number of thieves with the commsphere, but only 3 give you good % and that's Rikku(damn I can't remember the others).
3: Nope, there's no way you'll get 400 points in chapter 5. The ONLY way to finish off these mini games is to use the strategy guide.
4: The invicible you get it with new game plus(or normally, can't remember). You just need to go through that cave in the thunder plains and get the catnip, then get out and come in again and DO IT AGAIN and you'll get the invicible.
5: To complte via infinito, you gots to go all the way down to cloyster 100 and beat the boss(which is tough business).
6: Well.........having your characters you level 80+ helps...or you use equipment like catnip, etc. and a good dressphere strategy ALWAYS works.

Setzer Gabianni
07-11-2006, 06:44 PM

~Setzer Gabbiani

Setzer! you're in big trouble..:(. I suggest you DO follow a strategy guide next time you play it.

1: There's a Blitzball tutorial, it's kinda different from FFX..but kinda the same, you just gotta pass the ball around and you have stats that affect how well your players throw, catch, fight, defend....so yes, you gots to go read the tutorial on that.
2: To get Chapter complete in Mihien, you had to do the commsphere thingies with Rin(catching the thief) As I remember, you can catch a number of thieves with the commsphere, but only 3 give you good % and that's Rikku(damn I can't remember the others).
3: Nope, there's no way you'll get 400 points in chapter 5. The ONLY way to finish off these mini games is to use the strategy guide.
4: The invicible you get it with new game plus(or normally, can't remember). You just need to go through that cave in the thunder plains and get the catnip, then get out and come in again and DO IT AGAIN and you'll get the invicible.
5: To complte via infinito, you gots to go all the way down to cloyster 100 and beat the boss(which is tough business).
6: Well.........having your characters you level 80+ helps...or you use equipment like catnip, etc. and a good dressphere strategy ALWAYS works.

1. I still can't get my head round it XD
2,3 . Any guides out there? D:
4. I might need someone else to clarify that...
5. How do I get past the slug, chac, paragon, trema :P
6. I am workin on that ^^;;

~Setzer Gabbiani

Eiko Guy
07-11-2006, 07:20 PM
setxer for blitzball start the tourney. but then go do a lot of extra crap that will give you points to train with, and then train but make sure they they don't get injured i forgot which stat it was though. make teamwork one of the strongest things between paine rikku and yuna oh and yuna needs extra strength cuz everybody else misses too much.

Old Manus
07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
1. Blitzball. Why. Are. You. Playing. It.

Seriously :O

Devil Shroom
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
2,3 . Any guides out there? D:
~Setzer Gabbiani

For the travel agent thing.

http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/448/448554p1.html

In order to get the episode complete you need to pin it on either the chocobo eater, Calli or Rikku. To get Gippal's sphere (which I'm not sure if you need to get 100%) pin it on Rin.

SeeDRankLou
07-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Blitzball is much different here. First, you have to rack up some training points, which you can get in Exhibition matches against the Kilika Beasts easily (which is really the only team you are going to be able to possibly beat for a while, your players will suck for a while). After this you have to train your players, which involves a series of training them in certain areas which will increase one stat while decreasing another. So, if you want to train your defenders in blocking at the expense of shooting, well that's worth it. After you are satisfied with your players, then you can actually play. You do not have direct control of the one with the ball anymore, you are now more of a couch. You give your players formations to follow and they do it on their own. One of the good things about this is that you can make a game go by in out 30 seconds by zooming the camera as far out at it will go, good for making Exhibition matches go by quickly to rack up training points.

I think the bare minimum you have to do is the mission in Ch 3 and the commsphere mystery in Ch 4. But in Ch 4, you must pin either the Chocobo Eater, Rikku or Calli as the culprit. However, if you have Calli as a suspect then you have messed up a few other things in the game that you don't want to mess up.

The Calm Lands does have to be a hotspot. However, if you have gone all over Spira in Ch 5 and campaigned to everyone that can be campaigned to and still don't have 400 points, you can play games with credits from your company until you have 400 points. Then it will become a hotspot.

In the second screen of Kilika, off to the very right there is a man holding a camera looking at this place that the Youth League is building. If you talk to him and ask to look through his camera (if you can) during Ch 1 and 3, then if you talk to him again during Ch 5 you can sail over to the place. On your map there will be a yellow X mark, if you search there you will find the Invincible.

Keep going down all the floor and defeating the enemies along the way. Any visible Elder Drake and Mega Tonberry is avoidable, although Elder Drakes do become random battles after floor 80. When you get to floor 40 against the Black Element, somehow give a Dark Knight the First Strike ability and have her immediately perform Charon on the Black Element, and it will die before it can make a move. Afterwards you will get the Cat Nip which will make life much much easier.

I guess you mean the boss at every 20 floors. I gave you a tip for Black Element above. Note, when I mention using a Gunner, it is for the sole purpose of using the Trigger Happy/Cat Nip technique, which require the Gunner to be in the critical. An easy way to put a gunner into critical is to equip her with the Wring and Bloodlust at the same time and then equip the Cat Nip and Speed Bracer.

Concherer:
Have a Gunner, Dark Knight and Alchemist. Have your Alchemist on standby, have your Gunner perform Trigger Happy over and over, and have the Dark Knight perform Black Sky repeatedly. If the Alchemist dies, have one of the girls revive her. If the Dark Knight dies, have the Alchemist revive her with a Pheonix Down from your item list, so that it will grant more HP and so it happens almost immediately. If the Gunner dies, have the Alchemist revive her with a Pheonix Down from the Stash, so the she will receive just enough HP to keep her critical. It's not that difficult, but if you are still having problems use two Alchemists and a Gunner.

Chac:
This one's tough. Don't bother equipping anything with Stoneproof or Ribbon (although the Shmooth Sailing might be able to prevent it, but I haven't tested it so don't count on it), because Chac will petrify right through it. For this fight, have two Alchemists and a Gunner. Your two Alchemists are on standby for the sole purpose of reviving and healing petrify. With Item Lv.2, you can use a Soft or Pheonix Down from your item list (not Stash) in about a second, which should prevent Chac from following Stone Glare up with a physical attack and permanently removing one of your girls from the fight. Also remember to use a Pheonix Down from your Stash on your Gunner. Have your Gunner keep using Trigger Happy, and have one of your Alchemists mix a Budget Grenade with a Lunar Curtain (or any curtain really) to make Wall. Try to keep Wall up if one of your girls dies. Chac has a nasy version of Heaven's Cataract which will kill your girls without protection, and might kill your girls with protection, so up your defense as much as possible. Just keep your girls alive and keep pumping Chac with Trigger Happy and eventually it will fall. If you are still having problems, go out into Spira and oversoul a basilisk type fiend, but don't kill it. Then come back to the fight with Chac and Chac will oversoul. Chac will be stronger but it won't use Heaven's Cataract, which will actually make the fight easier.

Paragon/Trema:
Before this fight, make sure you have several Mana Springs (steal from Great Haunts and Jahi's, bribe from Jahi's). Have your girls on a garment grid that gives First Strike. Have Gunner, Dark Knight and Warrior on the gird, Dark Knight and Warrior being next to one another. Have Yuna as a Dark Knight, Rikku as a Warrior, and Paine as a Gunner. Equip Paine properly and equip Yuna and Rikku with as much defense as possible. Now when you start the fight with Paragon, immediately have Yuna cast Black Sky, Rikku attack and Paine use Trigger Happy. If you do this fast enough Paragon might get one hit in before it dies (press R1 during Trigger Happy as fast as possible), but probably won't.

Now, Trema will comes in and continue the fight. If Paragon did get a hit in, you will still be as damaged as you were, but hopefully only Paine will be dead. Revive if necessary, and start using Mana Springs on Trema until you aren't draining any MP anymore. This will stop him from using Ultima. Now, have Yuna switch to Warrior, and have both Yuna and Rikku keep using Sentinel. This will make all damage Trema does reduce to 1, even the hits of his Meteor. Have Paine keep using Trigger Happy. Revive and heal as necessary, and possibly throw a Light Curtain, but always keep at least one Warrior in Sentinel. You will probably almost die a few times, but I've never seen Trema use Meteor twice in a row (although I'm sure he can), and sometimes he will waste a turn trying to use Ultima. You can do it.

kain_ex
07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
1. Blitzball. How. Do. You. Play. It.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I've never bothered playing blitz...

2. To do it, you have to talk with Rin in CH4 in the commsphere in Mi'ihen and do that little game... then u MUST get as a culprit in chapter 5 Rikku or Calli or that baby eater.

3. U must get 400 points BEFORE chapter 5, then Calm Lands will become a hotspot...

4. I don't think the Invincible is worth all the work, it allows you to exceed 9999 in damage... but here goes: In Kilika, chapter 1 run east of Dona's hut and go through the bridge and look on a boat a guy with a camera and accept to take a look on the new Youth League's base, then back at chapter 3 do the same thing. In chapter 5, go and talk to that guy again and accept to visit the base. There's a bunch of things there and get oriented (??) from your map, that white X is the ferry man, that X moving is a boy that gives you 5 georapella's coins and that last X is a chest with the Invicible inside.

5. Go down all the 100 cloisters and defeat Trema.

6. SeeDRankLou gave you strategies for the enemies with Cat Nip, I'm giving them without Cat Nip (apart from Aranea as you asked):

Elder Drakes: A party of 3 bersekers with Evade & Counter will take care of one pretty easily, if you want you can berserk your girls to the battle end faster. If it Oversouls, this won't work... so get 3 DKs and use Black Sky on our friend until he dies.

Mega Tonberry: They are tough... have 2 DKs and 1 Warrior, cast Sentinel on your Warrior so you can be sure to not die easily. Cast Black Sky and with 2 of them, the Mega Tonberry should be dead meat along with his little friend ¬¬. Oversoul is the same thing... but they are stronger.

Black Elemental: Pray for him to not cast Ultima and 2 Darkness should kill him.

Concherer: Same strategy for Elder Drakes, but NEVER berserk your girls. If he uses Megaton Press it will instantly kill one girl, but you can throw a phoenix down... physical attacks shouldn't even hit you. Don't worry about Gunk, you don't need any MP and poison is useless here.

Chac: For me, this guy is the toughest of the game. You could use that Delay Buster strategy... 2 Warriors with Sword Tome if you prefer, 1 Alchemist to support by casting Final Wall (Chocobo Wing + Light Curtain) and that's it, Delay Buster won't allow Chac to attack and if he does get to attack, your alchemist can repair the damage. It seems that my FFX-2 has...uh... problems, Chac is immune to delay attacks on mine O_O'. I had to Oversoul him by killing Gucumatz in Mushroom rock and finish him off with 2 DKs and 1 alchemist. BTW, I have a doubt: when Chac oversouls he uses a Hunter's Gaze which always took 0 from my girls... what that thing do?

Paragon: 3 DKs under haste and protect/shell using physical attacks, it's the best way to finish Paragon off. If he uses Big Bang it's Game Over, and Final Impact will leave you in bad status so it's better to reset. Better for you to pray for him to use Genesis of lvl 3 black magics... finish him off quickly and BE SURE to be fully healed before you finish Paragon off.

Trema: This guy isn't hard, really... it's only at the beggining, once you get on your feet on battle you can finish him easily. As the battle begins, IMMEDIATELY use this: Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Chocobo Wing, double your HP and if you want cast Regen... then use Mana Spring on Trema until his 999 MP has ended. Now, change one of your DKs into an Alchemist. The Alchemist should always use Mega-Potion unless an emergency, the DKs will keep using Darkness. When you wasted 333.333 HP from Trema, he'll cast Meteor even if he doesn't have any MP. Just fully heal your party after it, it shouldn't kill you. Then at his 666.666 HP he'll cast Meteor again. Here is the list of Trema's physical attacks, ALL of them chains x2 on you:

Falling Leaf - low physical damage.

Falling Star - medium physical damage.

Thundering Wave - high physical damage.

Waning Moon - damage your MP.

Beguilling Mire - physical damage and cast Stop.

Choking Mist - physical damage and sometimes inflicts abnormal statuses.

Those 3 first attacks CANNOT be evaded in any matters, the rest, if you have good enough evasion (very hard...) you can miss them.

Just continue on your main strategy and Trema will fall, be patient... he has 1 million HP.

Setzer Gabianni
07-16-2006, 09:50 PM
1. For anyone who has BOTHERED playing blitz, I need to know the tactics - for it counts at % in the game.

2. HOW do you get Rikku in the sphere thing? I heard your supposed to get a special item?

3.HOW do you get 400 points before Chapter 5?

~Setzer Gabianni

kain_ex
07-16-2006, 10:25 PM
1. For anyone who has BOTHERED playing blitz, I need to know the tactics - for it counts at % in the game.

2. HOW do you get Rikku in the sphere thing? I heard your supposed to get a special item?

3.HOW do you get 400 points before Chapter 5?

~Setzer Gabianni

1. I got 100% without playing blitz, so please ask to another person ¬¬

2. There's a FAQ on http://www.gamefaqs.com which explains how do you get all of the culprits. If you get Rikku as culprit, you get Ragnarok. (no, I admit I don't know exactly how to get Rikku as culprit, I always got choco eater =P)

3. Press square and choose publicity in a random guy in the world, if he's inside the mission. A list of options will appear, and depending on which you choose it will give you 0 to 5 points. If you see "they seem totally pumped!" means you get 5 points. Again, in gamefaqs there's a FAQ telling which option you need to get for each guy in Spira. At each chapter, you'll can re-do your pitches on the same guy. It's a little hard, but with the FAQ you'll get 400 points during chapter 2.

Setzer Gabianni
07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
What does Ragnarok do exactly?

D:

~Setzer Gabbiani

kain_ex
07-17-2006, 06:30 PM
reduces MP cost to 0 in battle, also if you equip it with a DK and use Darkness, it won't take any HP from her ;)

abrojtm
07-17-2006, 07:59 PM
If you are going for 100% in your second playthrough and you had more than about 85% percent the first time, you should be able to easily reach 100% simply by changing your allegiance to New Yevon or Youth League your second time around. Each event for that alliance that you participate in will count towards new %!

Also, I never blitzed and got 100%.
In order to blame Rikku, you have to do a number of things throughout the game, such as disabling more mechs than the Al Bhed, catching a Chocobo and watching Rikku fall, etc. I've done it catching Rikku twice and Rin once and Shinra.

kain_ex
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
If you are going for 100% in your second playthrough and you had more than about 85% percent the first time, you should be able to easily reach 100% simply by changing your allegiance to New Yevon or Youth League your second time around. Each event for that alliance that you participate in will count towards new %!

Also, I never blitzed and got 100%.
In order to blame Rikku, you have to do a number of things throughout the game, such as disabling more mechs than the Al Bhed, catching a Chocobo and watching Rikku fall, etc. I've done it catching Rikku twice and Rin once and Shinra.

It's possible to have Shinra as culprit?? O_O

Remon
07-17-2006, 09:30 PM
:eek: :eek: SHINRA?:eek: :eek:

Devil Shroom
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
What they said?!?!?

kain_ex
07-17-2006, 09:54 PM
They who? :confused:

Devil Shroom
07-17-2006, 10:08 PM
They who? :confused:

You guys, like ditto. "Omg Shinra???" I too am curious at how it happened.

kain_ex
07-17-2006, 10:30 PM
It's because, as long as I know, the only possible culprits are only five and they are: Rikku, Calli, baby chocobo eater, Profet and Rin. I've never listened anything about Shinra ¬¬

SeeDRankLou
07-17-2006, 10:58 PM
The only way Shinra is involved in Rin's investigation is that in Ch.3, if you find him on the highroad after the mission he will have dropped a commsphere by accident, and when you do the investigation one of the commspheres will be called "Shinra's Commsphere." He's not a suspect.

DeathKnight
07-18-2006, 04:05 AM
BTW, I have a doubt: when Chac oversouls he uses a Hunter's Gaze which always took 0 from my girls... what that thing do?

Can someone answer this please? :tonberry:

You've gotta beat Chac before it does Hunter's Gaze....it looks like Heaven's cataract right?

Setzer Gabianni
07-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Do you mind? Ask your questions elsewhere, and do not spam my topic up thank you.

abrotjm, I usually get 94% in my first playthrough, and most of the time, I miss out a couple of things - I know I screw up on the Culprit thing and and the 400 points stuff - what else, I don't know.

I don't fancy switching allegiance for the second playthrough, there's more people I favour in Youth League, plus, I don't want to get a guide for the New Yevon side of things.

~Setzer Gabbiani

FTW: For the win

kain_ex
07-18-2006, 08:14 AM
OK, thank you and sorry.

BTW, you don't necessarily have to catch Rikku as a culprit. Calli and the baby eater will also give you Episode Complete!. Rikku will give Ragnarok and Episode Complete!, so it's worth trying but not totally necessary.

I strongly advice to take New Yevon at least once to be easier to get 100%. Do what you wish.

Edit: since Setzer wishes no spam, I'll be deleting my messages that are OFF-topic.

Setzer Gabianni
07-18-2006, 09:08 AM
If my stoopid game mag had provided a walkthrough for the New Yevon thing, I'd take it up, but seeing as I don't have one..I'd just have to restart another save file..but that won't be for a while =/

~Setzer Gabbiani

kain_ex
07-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Well, basically you have to give the awesome sphere to New Yevon, see all the Commspheres scenes in Bevelle, and talk to Pacce in Vegnagun's room during Chapter 3, see the scene in Vegnagun's room with BGN and get Episode Complete! for Bevelle (I can't remember if there's another thing, sorry. Don't forget to NOT skip any scenes of those).