PDA

View Full Version : Do you cook?

Flying Mullet
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
And by cook, I don't mean heat up a pizza or put milk, butter, pasta and cheese powder in a pot and heat up mac and cheese. Are you one of those people that is lost without a recipe and measure everything or do you often experiment and try throwing random stuff together to see what you get?

I tend to throw stuff together and experiment, whereas my wife measures everything. It drives her batty when she asks me how I made it and I say, "Oh, I just threw some of this in, and the rest of the jar of that and put in some spices."

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I was never taught how to cook cause my mum couldnt reach anything in the kitchen and people refused to teach me :( So I try and watch and hope I pick something up.

Mo-Nercy
I cook McDonalds food O____O

I can wrap sushi rolls and use a wok to stir-fry some leftover rice or whtever but other than that it's pretty much all microwave cooking for me.

Sergeant Hartman
I make a nice Pot Noodle.

mooglebunni608
07-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I used to cook, but now I'm too lazy and busy, so my sister does it.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Actually I can make tuna and sweetcorn with jacket potatoe ... not every impressive.

Christmas
07-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, i do cook. :bigsmile:

Old Manus
07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Men don't need to cook when women do it for them

Darkness seeker
07-11-2006, 05:31 PM
<!--Eh, cock no, i hate it.... :(-->*snip*

For a first post at this site, that's not a very good start. ~ Leeza

Leeza
07-11-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't like to cook, but I can cook. Sometimes I need a recipe and sometimes I don't. Just depends on what it is that I'm cooking. Things like cakes and cookies, etc. do usually require the use of a recipe since being out by a bit of something does make a difference.

MageLuingil
07-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I can cook, and do so from time to time. I usually like to use a recipe though, but I'm not the kind of person who obsesses over exact measurements. It's not like the world will end if you don't have exactly three cups, or something.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm slowly acquiring more recipes, and am a decent cook. I'm generally fairly "by the recipe".

Yamaneko
I cook all my meals, except when I go to my parent's house and my mom cooks for me. :D

Tasura
Steak and rice, thats about it =D

-N-
07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
My mom taught me the secrets of Indian cooking and I indulge myself quite often. :D
As far as non-Indian recipes go, I'm self-taught, and I am definitely not a recipe guy. :D
I'm pretty good at it. I let other people taste my art just to hear the compliments. :D

Sylvie
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
...The best thing I can cook is Ramen.

Christmas
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
The worst thing about cooking is cleaning up the mess. :(

Leeza
07-11-2006, 06:14 PM
That's my main reason for not liking to cook. :cat:

theundeadhero
07-11-2006, 06:14 PM
I used to cook back in the day when I had a stove. Never really followed the recipe much. I would sometimes use it as a guideline but would often throw a little of this or that in there instead. Sometimes I would just make stuff up to see how well it was.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I cook pasta and add garlic salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and chicken cubes and cook it all at once. I also cook noodles, rice, and sometimes spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. :) :kaocheer:

Levian
07-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Not if I can help it.

Rye
07-11-2006, 06:26 PM
I still don't know how to cook, I fail as a girl. xD

Venom
07-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I cook quite often, Things like Chicken wings and Grilled cheese.

I'm a newbie to cooking.

Gullick
07-11-2006, 06:29 PM
i've never really 'cooked' anything, closest ive ever got is putting hot water in a pot noodle, but man i could eaisly live of those :p

-Gull-

Miriel
07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I am slowly, but surely learning how to cook via Foodnetwork. I am absolutely no natural talent with cooking, and if I deviate from the recipe, it can and has ended in disaster. So no, I don't experiment.

But. But, I wanna be an Iron Chef. :D

The other day I managed to make baked potato soup and it turned out good! I was so proud.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/bakedpotatosoup.jpg

Zeldy
07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
No. Cooking is boring xD
Id rather not.

Ive taken Food Technology for GCSE for some absurd reason.

DK
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I can cook a bit, yeah. I like to experiment, too, and for the most part it's come off great. I never measure things, either, it just goes in as I see fit.

Spiffing Cheese
07-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I can cook some stuff. I cook the majority of my meals, and I make a damn awesome omelette.

Uh, as far as straying from the recipe goes... I dread to think what would happen if I did that.

Breine
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm lost without a recipe. The only things I can make for sure are fried eggs and pasta... yes, I am that bad in a kitchen!

boris no no
07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't cook, I give food poisening B)

Rase
07-11-2006, 07:44 PM
I tend to stick to recipes whenever I cook, since I like to know what to expect. I will, however, add things that I'm almost sure will taste good sometimes, though not often.

Resha
07-11-2006, 07:50 PM
No. I do not cook. I do not enjoy cooking. In fact, I am banned from using the kitchen for cooking purposes. Something about nearly burning the house down blah blah but really, it was just cookies. :rolleyes2

...Er ha I suck. :( But I do know how to make coffee.

Auragaea
07-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I don't know how to cook a lot of food, but I want to learn. The only things I know how to cook is a dish called Rice Water and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

MageLuingil
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
No. I do not cook. I do not enjoy cooking. In fact, I am banned from using the kitchen for cooking purposes. Something about nearly burning the house down blah blah but really, it was just cookies. :rolleyes2

If my family were smart, we probably wouldn't let my sister cook anymore. She's a bit destructive a times. Flaming pans on the stovetop, and all that :p

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I can cook well enough. I took home ec way back in middle school and some of the stuff stuck to me. I can still make a pizza or cheesecake from scratch. :cool:

I usually try to follow recipes as much as possible, because I'm a very logical and directionally oriented person, but I can experiment.

bipper
07-11-2006, 08:45 PM
I CAN cook but I am married, so I don't :D

Faris
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I love to cook. When I'm not lazy, that is.

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
As a matter of fact, I do cook fairly well. I like making desserts most of all, and I make some wonderful cookies. For just a meal, I can cook a nice one, but I don't usually bother.

Hambone
07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I cook pasta and add garlic salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and chicken cubes and cook it all at once. I also cook noodles, rice, and sometimes spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. :) :kaocheer:
Yes, I've been to her house while she was eating it. It looks nasty. :p

Anyway, if cereal counts, yes, and I'm quite a chef with the microwave.

SammieBabe
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm working nights now, so I don't cook that much anymore. But I enjoy it.

Cruise Control
07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I turn off the smoke alarm first.

Ryth
07-11-2006, 08:56 PM
I can't cook, but I've asked my dad to teach me but well, I'm in a family of procrastinators with short term memory, so I've yet to really learn anything. :p

StarChild
07-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I like to cook...I just dont get to do it very often.

Tasura
07-11-2006, 09:15 PM
The alst time I cooked an omlette, it turned into a new type of leather =/

StarChild
07-11-2006, 09:21 PM

I'm going to have to teach you how to cook eggs!

Tasura
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM

I'm going to have to teach you how to cook eggs!

Eggs + me = disaster, evenwith people teling me how to

Ashley Schovitz
07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I grew up in a house of cookers at 13 my mother made me cook for the rest of the family and I'm a pretty good cook.

drunkymonkey
07-11-2006, 10:06 PM
For the world's safety, I do not cook.

Yuffie514
07-11-2006, 10:43 PM
i cook a little, such as cabbage chicken soup. however, i do not find it a desire (meaning, i'm rather lazy to cook). i try to keep up with my mom, but i'll never be as good...

Shiny
07-11-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't cook, because my dad does all the cooking for me. I can cook some dishes that I learned to make in cooking class.

Chris
07-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm a pretty good cook. I make a killer lasagne.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
07-12-2006, 12:48 AM
I can only make a few things in the kitchen :p Things like:

pancakes (semi- burnt :) )
French fries ( I really make them! I cut potatoes and season them and everything!They very good too.)
Soup.

Thats all :)

Slade
07-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Baked Beans on toast is my specialty :greenie:

kikimm
07-12-2006, 04:42 AM
I like to cook, although I don't have much experience with it. I'd do it more often if my mom was more...agreeable. But she hates cooking, so she won't buy ingredients, or whatever I need to make the thing that I want. So I don't get a chance to do it very often.

When I do cook, I stick to the recipe religiously. Because of the fact that I rarely get to do it, I'm not going to experiment and risk the food coming out badly.

hardboiled
07-12-2006, 08:22 AM

hahaha... That's one of the "best things about the opposite sex".. too bad that really is changing. Less women are cooking so fast food is a must. Fatness of America is all womens' fault!

Anaisa
07-12-2006, 01:50 PM

hahaha... That's one of the "best things about the opposite sex".. too bad that really is changing. Less women are cooking so fast food is a must. Fatness of America is all womens' fault!
Maybe it's the mens fault, because they can't even manage to charm a woman into cooking for them. Failures.

Resha
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM

If my family were smart, we probably wouldn't let my sister cook anymore. She's a bit destructive a times. Flaming pans on the stovetop, and all that :p
Oh, no. :( Don't suppress her creative genius like my family did mine.

Christmas
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM

Old Manus always have to starve. :(

Jess
07-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't use recipies. Everything I can cook is self taught, or I've been taught by somebody else. I cook sometimes. :jess:

Which is why dishwashers are a Godsend! :D

MageLuingil
07-12-2006, 03:31 PM

Oh, no. :( Don't suppress her creative genius like my family did mine.
No worries about that. We all like the things she makes too much to stop her from making them. She makes some great cookie recipies, and truely amazing bread and rolls :p But she also tends to ... vanish ... while things are still in the oven/on the stove, so if we aren't watching the kitchen for her, things can get charred (or flaming) from time to time.

Reine
07-12-2006, 05:32 PM
I like to experiment with stuff when I cook the few things I can. Mum keeps teaching me, but I forget, I need to do it myself over and over to learn..

DoomAntenna
07-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I taught myself how to cook over the period of one semester. I started using recipes really strictly, but once I got the hang of it I started making stuff up more. Or replacing ingredients with things that would make it more tasty. I like cooking a lot.

Unfortunately, now I'm in a dorm in California, and have no access to any kind of kitchen things, not even a microwave. So I am slowly starving to death because I refuse to eat out more than one meal a day. I think maybe this is the real reason people around Hollywood are anorexic, they haven't got kitchens! (j/k I know it's just my dorm)

zorander
07-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I love to cook.
I'll either follow a recipe to the letter or improvise with what i've got. I like it when someone i'm cooking for suggest something completly original that they'd like to try and I then have the challenge of making whatever they've dreamed up.
I'm yet to have a big dinner party or anything lke that, but I do look forward to the days when I can cook for a large number of peopole.

Nick Schovitz
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Everyone knows that men are the better cooks and here's proof back in medevil eras who were the bakers, the men, who sold the fih, the men, and who is the most famous chef in the world Emeril Lagossi! So that proves my point in most resteraunts they're men cooking the food.

Reine
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Everyone knows that men are the better cooks and here's proof back in medevil eras who were the bakers, the men, who sold the fih, the men, and who is the most famous chef in the world Emeril Lagossi! So that proves my point in most resteraunts they're men cooking the food.

When we can be arsed in the first place :cool:

Shlup
07-12-2006, 07:20 PM
I cook and follow a recipe, but I almost always alter the recipe as I please. I like making stuff up but can't really afford the luxury of it.

Rocket Edge
07-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I make a meaaaan omelette:cool: