PDA

View Full Version : u noobcake

ScottNUMBERS
07-11-2006, 08:41 PM
I was in a couple parties as Paladin today and I'm just confused as to what my role in a party actually is. I know we are supposed to tank but what about the White Magic?

I get people telling me to do all different things, sometimes it's "Heal the rest of us don't just use your White Magic spells on yourself." or "Don't use healing magic, save it for when I run out of MP" and I also got advice from a level 70 Red Mage informing me that "Paladins are expected to only heal themselves."

I usually take in what they have to say take it on board, then when I'm in a different party they tell me I'm playing my job wrong.

So what do you expect of Paladins? Furthermore, Were any of these people wrong/right?

Cruise Control
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
To heal themselves. They uber tank it by extending their own lives and being useful longer.

Ouch!
07-11-2006, 08:50 PM
PLD use their cure spells to build up hate. Anyone telling you not to heal yourself until the main healer is running low on MP has no idea what he or she is talking about. Your responsibility is to keep yourself alive and build hate while doing it. Tell the WHM to slow down on the cures so you can have a chance to heal yourself more often. Also, healing other party members isn't forbidden. Throwing out a cure II or III when hate has turned onto another player not only helps the player that got hate by curing him, but also builds more hate for you. Healing oneself and occasionally others is what makes PLD a worthy tank.

Yeargdribble
07-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Yes... ignore people that tell you not to cure. Your MP is one of your many tools for hate holding as a PLD.

Crossblades
07-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Ignore them. It's you that decide how you want to use your character

ScottNUMBERS
07-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the advice, not knowing exactly what to do kind of put me off my job a bit. I can continue to be psyched about Paladin now.

Markus. D
07-12-2006, 12:46 PM
nuilding up hate through WHM spells on themselves. and hoping to live.

Kuzotz
07-13-2006, 04:57 AM
I was in a couple parties as Paladin today and I'm just confused as to what my role in a party actually is. I know we are supposed to tank but what about the White Magic?

I get people telling me to do all different things, sometimes it's "Heal the rest of us don't just use your White Magic spells on yourself." or "Don't use healing magic, save it for when I run out of MP" and I also got advice from a level 70 Red Mage informing me that "Paladins are expected to only heal themselves."

I usually take in what they have to say take it on board, then when I'm in a different party they tell me I'm playing my job wrong.

So what do you expect of Paladins? Furthermore, Were any of these people wrong/right?
lol That's why I quite playing.

I was a Bard and people would harass me to be a freaking Whitemage, and when I played Ballista lke right befor eI leave Jeuno some lvl 75 Bard gives me crap about my subbing it with THF. I tell them I'm doing ballista and just tell them to bugger off they don't usually bugger off.

Welcome to Final Fantasy 11 were the players will harass you into conforming into their own personal norms.

Anyway yeah Paladins heal themselves. Only noobs expect you to heal them. If a party leader ever says that to you . Just leave the party and yes screw them over I don't care man. THere are times to be people person and be helpful, and their are times when you just have to be plain selfish.

Rostum
07-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Welcome to Final Fantasy 11 were the players will harass you into conforming into their own personal norms.

Welcome to MMO's.

Anyway yeah Paladins heal themselves. Only noobs expect you to heal them. If a party leader ever says that to you . Just leave the party and yes screw them over I don't care man. THere are times to be people person and be helpful, and their are times when you just have to be plain selfish.

Later on it's quite useful to heal others, especially when you've got a white mage that has a 1000+MP and a Cure V spell. Because you end up with quite a few hate building abilities other than just cure (such as warcry, flash, provoke, defender, sentinal, etc). Although as a Tarudin myself, I find it easier to spam white magic on myself, the enemy and my party members -- so maybe I'm a bit biased in that respect. As other races can't be so careless with it.

At level 75, I have 1320HP and 550MP, which is why I love Tarudin!

theundeadhero
07-13-2006, 10:22 PM
It really depends on the individual needs of the party. You need to be flexible, but in an ideal party you heal yourself while tanking.

Lionx
07-14-2006, 03:41 AM
I was a Bard and people would harass me to be a freaking Whitemage, and when I played Ballista lke right befor eI leave Jeuno some lvl 75 Bard gives me crap about my subbing it with THF. I tell them I'm doing ballista and just tell them to bugger off they don't usually bugger off.

Oh yeah look at that SNEAK ATTACK DAMAGE! >_>...in all seriousness /THF really sucks in ballista outside running away with Flee...on Bard anyway. WHM might not be the best sub either(i would rather think RDM with Phalanx..or the new BLU). But /THF isnt that awesome..

Conforming to norms and doing something retarded is two different things. Omg ima do WAR/SMN so i can summon Carbuncle for 15 seconds and not be able to do a bloodpact...thats gonna help 5 other people in my party get better exp and not waste time!!! oh yeah!.....>_>;

Thats incredibly stupid, when someone jacks hate from me, i cure them to secure hate back. Granted i only lvled to 28 PLD on my mule and currently lvling my secondary on my main(PLD) character...and low levels, but this not only gets you hate, but helps heal the other player too saving MAGE MP which is incredibly important. Run out of MP? Start getting your juices. PLDs that only heal themselves run me dry of MP if the other melees get hate and they heal themselves for less than the full cure....(and the other melee could have been in safe zone otherwise too...>_>).

Later on it's quite useful to heal others, especially when you've got a white mage that has a 1000+MP and a Cure V spell.

/teamwork X3 Ready Fight! /cheer

IF the PLD takes uber damage for some reason and i CureV them, theres no reason for them to heal themselves, and therefore healing someone else that has taken damage saves ME the WHM alot of MP and they can also gather hate. Why dont i let them heal themselves? Well do you really want to take that risk? Interruptions and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif happens, and i rather be safe. That doent mean you HAVE to cure others, but in all honesty if the situation presents itself, i would personally take it. I heal someone saving the mages MP...AND i get hate.

With Auto-Refresh now, and normal Refresh/Ballad or maybe Evoker's Roll, along with Sanction Refresh, its alot more easier to spam spells than usual. At least for me anyway.

Kuzotz
07-14-2006, 08:42 PM

Welcome to MMO's.

Later on it's quite useful to heal others, especially when you've got a white mage that has a 1000+MP and a Cure V spell. Because you end up with quite a few hate building abilities other than just cure (such as warcry, flash, provoke, defender, sentinal, etc). Although as a Tarudin myself, I find it easier to spam white magic on myself, the enemy and my party members -- so maybe I'm a bit biased in that respect. As other races can't be so careless with it.

At level 75, I have 1320HP and 550MP, which is why I love Tarudin!

Yeah loved BRD/WHM at the higher levels but it kinda sucked when they expected you to heal in Valkrum.

Just like PLD lol.

I didn't mind using WHM buffs.

Kuzotz
07-14-2006, 08:43 PM

Oh yeah look at that SNEAK ATTACK DAMAGE! >_>...in all seriousness /THF really sucks in ballista outside running away with Flee...on Bard anyway. WHM might not be the best sub either(i would rather think RDM with Phalanx..or the new BLU). But /THF isnt that awesome..

Conforming to norms and doing something retarded is two different things. Omg ima do WAR/SMN so i can summon Carbuncle for 15 seconds and not be able to do a bloodpact...thats gonna help 5 other people in my party get better exp and not waste time!!! oh yeah!.....>_>;

Thats incredibly stupid, when someone jacks hate from me, i cure them to secure hate back. Granted i only lvled to 28 PLD on my mule and currently lvling my secondary on my main(PLD) character...and low levels, but this not only gets you hate, but helps heal the other player too saving MAGE MP which is incredibly important. Run out of MP? Start getting your juices. PLDs that only heal themselves run me dry of MP if the other melees get hate and they heal themselves for less than the full cure....(and the other melee could have been in safe zone otherwise too...>_>).

Later on it's quite useful to heal others, especially when you've got a white mage that has a 1000+MP and a Cure V spell.

/teamwork X3 Ready Fight! /cheer

IF the PLD takes uber damage for some reason and i CureV them, theres no reason for them to heal themselves, and therefore healing someone else that has taken damage saves ME the WHM alot of MP and they can also gather hate. Why dont i let them heal themselves? Well do you really want to take that risk? Interruptions and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif happens, and i rather be safe. That doent mean you HAVE to cure others, but in all honesty if the situation presents itself, i would personally take it. I heal someone saving the mages MP...AND i get hate.

With Auto-Refresh now, and normal Refresh/Ballad or maybe Evoker's Roll, along with Sanction Refresh, its alot more easier to spam spells than usual. At least for me anyway.
Lionx Bard/Thief can steal lol.

[!] Anyway you're real immature. [/!]Please don't call other members immature like that. -Hsu

Sorry 'bout that Hsu but yeah I'll just add Lionx to my ignore list then....

Lionx
07-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Steal isnt THAT great...sure its pretty annoying but what about the next 5 minutes? Usually we aim for the bards first, because lullaby is annoying.

Kuzotz
07-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Steal isnt THAT great...sure its pretty annoying but what about the next 5 minutes? Usually we aim for the bards first, because lullaby is annoying.
Smart Bards stay with the group lol. BTW I jsut play Ballista for fun it isn't a job thus I'm not gonna take it seriously like I refuse to take the game to an extreme to start talking crap about jobs.

Anwyay there was a reason why I quit and thats why.

players like yourself.

Sorry the game has become your job and your life. I left before that happened.

::puts lionx on ignore::

Lionx
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Well even though he put me on his Ignore list for some odd reason...i am going to post in general.

People can and do use Bind and other things to pull you away from the group. Alot of things can happen, and you cant always be expected to be near your group although theoretically you should. But thats Theory Ballista more than anything. Mainly what i am trying to say is, Steal/Flee in general do not seem to outweight the power of Blink and Stoneskin along with other utilities that /RDM or maybe /WHM can give.

Although it is just a game, i believe that you should put at least SOME effort into PvP for your team. Its like Beseiged, some people dont take it seriously outside free EXP and IS. However that makes it so that the Astral Candy(or so most call it) stolen. That doesnt mean you should go OMG THEY ATKING OH NOES @_@; But more of...at least take it somewhat seriously so stupid things dont occur.

EDIT: Ah damnit i strayed too far off topic... Just Heal whoever that needs healing, yourself and other party members included to gain hate. Thats pretty much all you need to know. Just know whom to cure for that hate spike.

Markus. D
07-15-2006, 12:49 AM
/sprint

Duderman
07-15-2006, 01:56 AM
PLD dont heal anyone else... unless that certain person is me, and is running low on HP :rolleyes2

PLD heal themselves to build up more hate, which is tough to keep.

That is all my son... Even if the WHM asking you to heal in his place is a Veteran, Rank 10, owner of 3 75 jobs with impressive equipments, still say: "Wtf?", then laugh, and Provoke that mob :tongue: