PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Big Fat Bully

Nick Schovitz
07-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Has anyone heard of Bully that's supposed to be coming out by Rockstar? I just went into a Gamestop and asked about it, it's supposed tobe a game where you're a student at a reform school and you steal other guys girlfriends torcher the teachers and other school related stuff. Sounds interesting for a game what's your opinion on it?

http://blog.skyrocket.be/wordpress/wp-content/photos/thumb-bullyps2_front.jpg

drunkymonkey
07-11-2006, 10:13 PM
My opinion? It's going to raise an unnecessary score like Manhunt and will probably feature someone called Tack Jhompson being bullied.

Also: it will probably be average.

Nick Schovitz
07-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Manhunt haven't heard of that, it was pretty bad?

Raebus
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
My opinion? It's going to be a hell of a blast, lots of fun. I've been hearing things about it and if it creates a ruckus in the joke fest known as the media then good. I know it's going to be a good game anyway.

Ashley Schovitz
07-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I wonder if it'll include freternity parties and alcohol drinking contests.

Rye
07-11-2006, 10:31 PM
That sounds pretty fun. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Skyblade
07-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I wonder if it'll include freternity parties and alcohol drinking contests.

And hangovers?

Shoden
07-11-2006, 10:40 PM
This game sounds fun, I've heard about it for a long time. Manhunt was fun.

drunkymonkey
07-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Manhunt haven't heard of that, it was pretty bad?

Whether it was bad or not is a sense of perspective, but the press and a certain American lawyer certainly thought so. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_%28video_game%29)

KentaRawr!
07-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Odd idea for a game. I won't enjoy it since my Mom would NEVER EVER let me get a game like that. But Rockstar knows how to make money, apparently. There's going to be soooo much controversy over this game... :p

Shoden
07-11-2006, 10:45 PM
All these anti bullying acts and campaigns will be put to rest once this game comes over to the UK, that's if it's allowed. It'll be banned like Manhunt was but it'll still be easy to get hold of, there will be alot of protests from parents, Rockstar probably did it on purpose to get money and have a laugh.

oddler
07-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know. I'm kinda sad that games like this are made. If you wanted to torture teachers and bully kids, then you should do it. To me, games should be played because it's a release from reality.

drunkymonkey
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
All these anti bullying acts and campaigns will be put to rest once this game comes over to the UK, that's if it's allowed. It'll be banned like Manhunt was but it'll still be easy to get hold of, there will be alot of protests from parents, Rockstar probably did it on purpose to get money and have a laugh.As far as I know, Manhunt wasn't banned. Only in WHSmiths I think.
And I fail to see how these campaigns will be put to rest. It's not like Bully is arguing against them. They are simply making a game out of something they resent.
Also: bad buy school games aren't new by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't know. I'm kinda sad that games like this are made. If you wanted to torture teachers and bully kids, then you should do it. To me, games should be played because it's a release from reality.If you want to shoot police officiers, kill dragons, drive fast cars over pedrestrians, and control mass amounts of people against another mass amount of people, then you should do it.

Actually, no you shouldn't...

Nick Schovitz
07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know. I'm kinda sad that games like this are made. If you wanted to torture teachers and bully kids, then you should do it. To me, games should be played because it's a release from reality.
See that's the whole point of games.

LunarWeaver
07-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Unless I can put a head in a toilet it's garbage.

Actually I think I read in GameInformer somewhere or another they were toning this game down after the Hot Coffee debacle to avoid more bullying from the press and Jack Thompson...Ironic isn't it?

Nick Schovitz
07-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Jack Thompson whose that prick? they were going to add another sex game?

LunarWeaver
07-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Jack Thompson whose that prick? they were going to add another sex game?

No...But after the trouble with that I believe they're toning down the violence and overall content of the theme.

And Jack is a very outspoken anti-gaming fellow.

It's too bad, rape and bullies go together so well.

Nick Schovitz
07-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't see the whole deal with the Hot Cofee Mod, I mean you had to do so much to get that mediocre content which I haven't played but I heard about it. How did anyone but Rockstar find out about it?

Bully better be great.

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Hmph, maybe it's just me, but a game like this just doesn't seem to have any premise at all. The point of a game is to escape reality. Not like I really enjoyed the GTA games or thought they had much premise at all either. But I suppose if someone really would be interested in something as stupid as this, that's their right.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Read about this game ago. I thought it had already been released and forgot about. I wont be getting it and I dont think it was a good choice of subject matter for a game. Bullying is a serious issue and to make profit from it is disgusting.

atlanteay
07-11-2006, 11:37 PM
are they trying to encourage kids to bully others??? this game is going to be misleading just like Manhunt did. A kid was stabbed by a hammer claw because the murder was obsessed with Manhunt. Now they're making a game about bullying..... guillible kids are going to start copying what the game is doing and really do it at school:mad:

Roto13
07-11-2006, 11:42 PM
The only reason Bully exists is to stir up controversy. The only reason Manhunt exists is to stir up controversy. The only reason Madonna exists is to stir up controversy. The latter two suck, the first will probably suck as much.

LunarWeaver
07-11-2006, 11:46 PM
are they trying to encourage kids to bully others??? this game is going to be misleading just like Manhunt did. A kid was stabbed by a hammer claw because the murder was obsessed with Manhunt. Now they're making a game about bullying..... guillible kids are going to start copying what the game is doing and really do it at school:mad:

When kids play Final Fantasy X and try to send people with a stick and a dance, they're just silly not gullible. The same goes for this situation.

Nobody playing a game where you emulate being a bully is going to be tough enough to actually be one in real life anyway.

~SapphireStar~
07-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Nobody playing a game where you emulate being a bully is going to be tough enough to actually be one in real life anyway.
You never know though. And if they get into trouble, they'll just blame the game.

Dreddz
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Lame idea....

Erdrick Holmes
07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
It's gonna suck. Rockstar can't make a good game anymore.

Raebus
07-12-2006, 12:57 PM

I'd just like to say that the "murderer" who killed because of a game is fucking retarded. Personally, ANYONE who begins copying a games actions goes in the same boat.

Edit: Bad actions, they can have a field day with anything good.

Nick Schovitz
07-12-2006, 06:20 PM
No one's influenced by videogames since I was a child I've never been tempted to shoot anyone because I saw someone do it on the game or have I never been tempted to eat a toadstool.

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 08:19 PM
No one's influenced by videogames
What? The amount of times games have been used as scape-goats for people is daft. They dont influence people, everyone is influenced by something. Clockwork Ornage influenced a group of youths to beat a tramp to death like in the film. Just because something doesnt influence you, doesnt mean it wont affect others.

Zante
07-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Yea, but with people who let themselves be influenced by games there must have been something wrong to begin with.

AdVenT
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
All that stuff about games makin people do stuff like kill people and all that is a load'a'bull.

KentaRawr!
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Yea, but with people who let themselves be influenced by games there must have been something wrong to begin with.

Or they're very small children. o.o But making somebody go on a killing spree? Pfft. As if.

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 09:14 PM
we're talking about the people who are influenced, whether they have a problem is not you concern. The main thing is that they go around copying games and killed people. Who cares if they got problems, you don't notice their problems until they were influenced and did some action and but sometimes it's too late because someone got hurt.

Rockstar has lost their touch

Nick Schovitz
07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
People shouldn't blame games blame themselves and with Bully it's based on a college reform school so ifit's really a shame if you're still being bullied in college when you're a grown man. and I add what person has killed someone because of a videogame?

XxSephirothxX
07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
That game isn't cancelled? I think it was supposed to come out a long time ago.

AdVenT
07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Anyway I think the game is gonna suck eggs, Rockstar made a game that has somethin to do with tabel tennis for christ's sake!

Nick Schovitz
07-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Table Tennis is a good game.

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 09:24 PM
ok about the murder case, a boy asked a friend to a park and then took out and hammer and knife and started stabbing his friend till he died.... he was discovered by the police since he's covered in blood.

now the murder's other friends say that he's obsessed with Manhunt and taht the way he killed the boy was the same way was the ways of killing people in Manhunt so they banned teh game in New Zealand.

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
People shouldn't blame games blame themselves and with Bully it's based on a college reform school so ifit's really a shame if you're still being bullied in college when you're a grown man. and I add what person has killed someone because of a videogame?
OMG, it doesnt matter where you go or how old you are, people still get bullied.
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Jul/bga20040730026255.htm
Thats the story atlanteay is talking about. It isnt about the game, movie or music itself, but the indiviudal (sp).

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 09:37 PM
...it's really a shame if you're still being a bully in college when you're a grown man.

Fixed.

oddler
07-14-2006, 05:44 AM
I'd just like to say that the "murderer" who killed because of a game is smurfing retarded. Personally, ANYONE who begins copying a games actions goes in the same boat.

This is very true; however, i think it has been proven that retards do actually exist. :eek:

On a second note... In my opinion, any game could influence someone's actions if that person so chooses. It's the person that's dangerous and not the game. Imagine a 5th grader playing some random RPG. The next day, the same kid is in a pretend swordfight with their best friend and pokes their eye out. It's not the content; it's the person emulating the content. I wasn't trying to say earlier that games like this are pointless. I was only mentioning that maybe somebody's running out of "good" ideas.

Sorry if I offended. That wasn't the intention. :(

theundeadhero
07-14-2006, 07:19 AM
People whine when they say all the games that come out are cliche and overused, then they whine some more when something creative comes along :(

Ashley Schovitz
07-15-2006, 08:53 PM
ok about the murder case, a boy asked a friend to a park and then took out and hammer and knife and started stabbing his friend till he died.... he was discovered by the police since he's covered in blood.

now the murder's other friends say that he's obsessed with Manhunt and taht the way he killed the boy was the same way was the ways of killing people in Manhunt so they banned teh game in New Zealand.
It sounded like he was trying to kill a vampire to me, but find out that he really wasn't one.

~SapphireStar~
07-15-2006, 09:33 PM
It sounded like he was trying to kill a vampire to me, but find out that he really wasn't one.
What? I highly doubt it cause

now the murder's other friends say that he's obsessed with Manhunt and taht the way he killed the boy was the same way was the ways of killing people in Manhunt

theundeadhero
07-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I kill people with an M4 so you might as well blame Ghost Recon because you can kill people in that game with an M4 :rolleyes2

Shiny
07-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to release something like this. Here in U.S., I don't think we've gotten over Columbine yet and there's still alot of school violence happening all over the world. I know, there is school violence occuring in my shcool (even if it isn't as big as Columbine). I think Rockstar should stick with their GTA franchise.