PDA

View Full Version : Holy Materia: The Sacred Materia

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Do you think that the Holy Materia had a purpose in FF7? I felt that it could have it could have stopped Meteor earlier if Aeris were still alive.

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, I always thought that Aerith died so that she could save the world, and that it wouldn't work otherwise. (Because she gained control of the lifestream, yaddayadda.)

But yeah, the Holy Materia summons Holy, I suppose. Sephiroth was just being an ass and keeping it from doing anything.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Well, I always thought that Aerith died so that she could save the world, and that it wouldn't work otherwise. (Because she gained control of the lifestream, yaddayadda.)

But yeah, the Holy Materia summons Holy, I suppose. Sephiroth was just being an ass and keeping it from doing anything.

Good point.

Hambone
07-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Gee, Josephine you're really getting obsessed with Holy Materia. I think they should have sent a rocket toward the meteor and that would have probably blown it up. :)

Xurts
07-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Holy was what saved the Planet from Meteor. That is what stopped Meteor, if Aeris didn't summon Holy the Planet would have been severely wounded. Perhaps even to the point of destruction.

Aeris's death was not necessary in order to trigger Holy. She did not know that she was going to be killed when she went to the Forgotten City. Although if she hadn't died, she would not have been able to use the Lifestream to push back Meteor. Her death was actually a blessing in disguise.

Kupo Man, they did send a rocket toward Meteor. Shinra sent Cid and company up there with the Huge Materia to destroy it. They failed though.

boys from the dwarf
07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
im quite sure what kupo man said was a joke. aeris died but she didnt know she would and she didnt intend to die. i believe the meteor is more powerful than holy. if they did nothing and didnt do anything to stop the meteor it would have destroyed the planet. the blow from the meteor wouldnt have killed everything but it would probably unbalance the gravity and send the planet into the sun. if the meteor was only fought back by holy it would have hit the planet but not as severly i think and with the lifestream and holy they can fight the meteor back. so aerises death was neccasary to stop the meteor completely. im not too sure how sephiroth/ jenovas plan works with all the absorb the planets energy stuff but i think if the meteor was slowed down by holy and didnt do full damage to the planet sehpys plan might still work so i think all in all aeris needed to die to save the planet. this should clear up a few people who say they shouldnt have killed aeris.

Christmas
07-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Aeris tried to use the WHITE materia to summon Holy to stop Meteor.

Sephiroth STABBED HER TO DEATH and delayed Holy until Cloud defeat him.

The white light that bursted out of the crater during the ending is Holy.

Mirage
07-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I believe Holy would have activated much earlier if Aeris hadn't died. If Aeris had lived, holy would have been able to nullify Meteor in time, but it seemed as if Meteor had reached the "point of no return" (if you want to put it that way) by the time it activated, that's why the lifestream had to help it.

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I believe Holy would have activated much earlier if Aeris hadn't died. If Aeris had lived, holy would have been able to nullify Meteor in time, but it seemed as if Meteor had reached the "point of no return" (if you want to put it that way) by the time it activated, that's why the lifestream had to help it.

I think the only reason why Holy activated so late was that Sephiroth was blocking it. Here's some dialogue from the game.

(In the Forgotten Capital, Cloud, Bugenhagen and others are watching a projection of the scene when Aeris died.)

CLOUD: "... It's glowing."
BUGENHAGEN: "Ho Ho Hooo!! It's pale green!!"
CLOUD: "... Aeris. Aeris has already prayed for Holy... After I gave the Black Materia to Sephiroth... Aeris's words came into my dreams... She said, she was the only one who could stop Sephiroth... And to do that, there was a secret here... That was Holy... That's why, she had the White Materia. Aeris knew about here... and what she had to do. Aeris has left us great hope. But, it cost her her life... her future... I'm sorry... Aeris. I should have figured this out sooner... You left us without saying a word... It was all so sudden, so I couldn't think... That's why it took so long for me to find out... But, Aeris... I understand now. Aeris... I'll do the rest."

CLOUD: "Thank you... Aeris. Aeris's voice has already reached the Planet. Just look at the glow of the White Materia. But... how about Holy? How come Holy isn't moving? Why?"
BUGENHAGEN: "Something's getting in its way."
CLOUD: "... Him... He's the only one that could do it... Sephiroth. Where are you?"

Hambone
07-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Kupo Man, they did send a rocket toward Meteor. Shinra sent Cid and company up there with the Huge Materia to destroy it. They failed though.
oh yeah... forgot.

Ryth
07-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Holy was what saved the Planet from Meteor. That is what stopped Meteor, if Aeris didn't summon Holy the Planet would have been severely wounded. Perhaps even to the point of destruction.

Aeris's death was not necessary in order to trigger Holy. She did not know that she was going to be killed when she went to the Forgotten City. Although if she hadn't died, she would not have been able to use the Lifestream to push back Meteor. Her death was actually a blessing in disguise.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Mirage
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, I think it would have been harder for him to block it if Aeris had still been alive.

Xurts
07-13-2006, 01:06 AM
im quite sure what kupo man said was a joke. aeris died but she didnt know she would and she didnt intend to die. i believe the meteor is more powerful than holy. if they did nothing and didnt do anything to stop the meteor it would have destroyed the planet. the blow from the meteor wouldnt have killed everything but it would probably unbalance the gravity and send the planet into the sun. if the meteor was only fought back by holy it would have hit the planet but not as severly i think and with the lifestream and holy they can fight the meteor back. so aerises death was neccasary to stop the meteor completely. im not too sure how sephiroth/ jenovas plan works with all the absorb the planets energy stuff but i think if the meteor was slowed down by holy and didnt do full damage to the planet sehpys plan might still work so i think all in all aeris needed to die to save the planet. this should clear up a few people who say they shouldnt have killed aeris.
No.

Holy is more powerful than Meteor. It destroyed Meteor, didn't it? So it's obviously stronger.

The sun's gravitational pull is what keeps the planets in orbit around it. There is nothing we can do right now with current technology that will distrupt the orbit with the sun, and we probably will never be able to. Not even if a huge meteor crashes into the planet will it break the orbit, it will probably change it, but it won't send the Earth flying right towards the sun. That is crazy talk.

Aeris did not have to die in order to save the Planet. If Sephiroth hadn't have been blocking Holy, it would've easily destroyed Meteor. But it was because Sephiroth had delayed its summoning for so long that it couldn't destroy Meteor. Aeris had to use the Lifestream to push Meteor back before it could, but Holy still destroyed Meteor in the end.

Mirage
07-13-2006, 02:17 AM
No.

Holy is more powerful than Meteor. It destroyed Meteor, didn't it? So it's obviously stronger.

I don't agree with that. If one is stronger, the stronger wouldn't be gone or used up after the weaker was destroyed. If they are equally strong, they would both be nullified.

DoaJ
07-13-2006, 09:40 AM

How come everybody ignored Christmas? Thats exactly what happned. You are all looking to deep into this. Im almost annoyed that his comment went unnoticed since its right on the money. He said it in three sentences and everybody else is trying to explain it, with no success, in four damn paragrpahs........:eek: calm down.

Xurts
07-13-2006, 08:57 PM

How come everybody ignored Christmas? Thats exactly what happned. You are all looking to deep into this. Im almost annoyed that his comment went unnoticed since its right on the money. He said it in three sentences and everybody else is trying to explain it, with no success, in four damn paragrpahs........:eek: calm down.
Sometimes it is necessary to explain things thoroughly. A quick, one or two sentences does not explain it enough. If you actually take time to read my explanation you will see that it makes perfect, undeniable sense.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, obviously Holy wasn't strong enough. Perhaps because it took so long, which might be the reason. With a little Lifestream help from Aerith it was actually stopped though. In that way, Aerith's death was a 'necessary' sacrifice. Of course, if she didn't die, then it would've came quicker and then she wouldn't need to die. But she did, so oh well. :) :cat:

G SpOtZ
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I thought maybe a simple Choco/Mog summon should have been launched at Meteor. They always come back anyway.

MysticD
07-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Holy didn't stop the Meteor,it was the Lifestream,Holy screwed everything up in the end...

...Didn't it? =s

Ryushikaze
07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Holy stopped Meteor, but it couldn't unleash its full power close to the surface. The lifestream pushed it farther away from the planet where Holy could do its thing and obliterate Meteor before vanishing.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-18-2006, 12:03 AM
see this is how it goes 1 metoer hits plant 2 plant hurts because of hit 3 seph fuses hiself with the hurt planet and helps the planet regian strenth 4 but now he is inside of the planet and can control it. so when metoer never hit he could never fully merge.

G SpOtZ
07-18-2006, 12:11 AM
see this is how it goes 1 metoer hits plant 2 plant hurts because of hit 3 seph fuses hiself with the hurt planet and helps the planet regian strenth 4 but now he is inside of the planet and can control it. so when metoer never hit he could never fully merge.
I'm pretty sure that's not what happened... But hey, I could barely understand your post anyway, so maybe I just didn't read it correctly.

finalfantasyguy4ever
07-18-2006, 09:48 PM
remember he kept saying stuff about fusing with plant which was called a little sick child so he must be a medcine for the sick child which the medicine he gives to help the plant after the hit is a virus to the planet

Xurts
07-18-2006, 10:09 PM
He was planning on absorbing all of the energy that went to heal the wound that Meteor caused so he could become somewhat of a god and rule over everything on the planet. He definately wasn't planning on healing the planet.

f f freak
07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
I think Barret should have shot meteor and blow it up. I also think Aeris was incredibly stupid for running off alone. she should have taken kitten sith with her and then Sephy could have killed kitten sith instead but a new one would have come along.

Chorin
05-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Actually, I believe what Sephiroth wanted was for Meteor to severely damage the planet, thus calling upon the Lifestream to heal it. He would then go to the meteor impact and absorb all of the energy and, as quoted from Advent Children, "Sail the cosmos, with this Planet as my Vessel."

Slapaja
05-11-2011, 02:50 AM
This is why Cloud came in and took him out. The ninja that he is :) The Lifestream did it's job!

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2011, 03:54 AM
This thread is older than the time I've even been on this forum... I officially join 3 months after that last post before it was necroed.

Anyway... we don't really like to necro old threads cause well, most of the people who have posted in this thread don't come here anymore. :(

Sorry, but feel free to make a new thread about this, if it something you want to talk about. ;)