PDA

View Full Version : Help with adobe rendering.

SummonerCloud
07-12-2006, 05:08 AM
Many times when i am doing sigs or desktops and they give me a pic to use it still has a background and i can't make a very effective render...what is the cleanest way to make renders out of full normal pics?

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 05:13 AM
magic wand tool

or paths

or if you can afford it, Vertus Fluid Mask

SummonerCloud
07-12-2006, 05:16 AM
ok look,magic wand does one of two things wrong:it selects things outside the image...any way i can "invert it and make it select the imge i need a render of and leave out teh background?

or itll clip parts of the picture too because of color similarities.

also,i have no idea how to use the other two.....could you explain this
please?

thank you,
cloud.

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 05:22 AM
paths: you use it to outline the image you want to cut out (takes long time but accurate) then you change the path into a selection. Invert so the thing you want cut out is left alone and the background is selected and then delete

fluid mask is a new filter that is very advanced and very useful for cutting images out. It costs a lot

rubah
07-12-2006, 05:40 AM
I just erase everything by hand. It's not too hard and if you get into the right mindset, it can either be fun or at least mindless enough to not be drudgery.

Owen Macwere
07-12-2006, 09:11 AM
I personally use magic eraser, it deletes everything of the same colour so it is hard to use sometimes, so I use the normal eraser and delete the patrs around the render, it needs you to be careful.
but all the time I bring renders to use in my sigs, they are cut and ready to use. ^_~

SummonerCloud
07-12-2006, 02:18 PM
thanks everyone^^

Owen Macwere
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
you are welcome, and I was kinda wondering, aren't you going to make more sigs, I am looking forward to see how much you improved.

SummonerCloud
07-12-2006, 03:11 PM
yeah someone just asked me to make a desktop an they gave me pics but they are attached to complex backgrounds,and its hard to get a good render.

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
paths create cleaner edges though. The magic wand can be really tricky at times.... it's annoying. So if you want to make it really good and neat looking, then try paths.. or the fluid mask thing... check out their site.. it's really cool.

SummonerCloud
07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
how do i use paths?and itd select what i outlined(the render)not what i need to delete,so how do i "invert" the selection?

atlanteay
07-12-2006, 06:43 PM
the top menu: Select -> Inverse

Clone 01
07-13-2006, 03:31 AM
you no u could also try using the magnetic lasso around the render and then copy and paste it to a new page.

SummonerCloud
07-13-2006, 06:09 AM
thank you atlant,and clone sometimes it isnt accurate.

-TIDUS-
07-13-2006, 06:30 AM
I'm part of another forum called GameRenders which I've been a part of for over two years. Basically it's just a bunch of people posting their renders. I've been rendering for over two years now and the best way, to do it is using the pen tool, in other words paths. This method is time-consuming but produces the best quality render. If you want more details PM me, and I can tell you where to find help, or I can always help you. =)

rubah
07-13-2006, 06:41 AM
you know I always thought rendering something meant you did yourself, but maybe I'm just getting old.

Madonna
07-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Yeah, you're so behind on the times, rubes. Instead of actually rendering something, this is all about crappy image cropping. Nice try, though!

Honestly, some paths or a wand that works via paths work wonderfully well. After that, you really should go over your images again and clear the edges of any colorful pixels that would make your cropped image stand out. A good way to see this is to make a new layer, throw it below everything else, and make it an obnoxious color. You'll see your edges and your errors.