PDA

View Full Version : Ability Sphere

lfc_Baz
07-12-2006, 09:53 AM
i am currently at the mushroom rock road just about to enter the operation with the crusaders. The only problem is all characters need to gain new ability's but i cant get them due to the fact i have no ability sphere's. Where can i get some from????? :confused:

Coppo
07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
It's a good idea when you start the game to learn all 4 extract sphere abilities, Extract Power (Auron's section), Extract Speed (Tidus' section), Extract Mana (Either Lulu's or Yuna's, I can't remember), and Extract Ability (Wakka's section, or close to Kimahri and Yuna on the expert Sphere Grid).

When you use an extract skill, you guarentee the reward to be the equivelant sphere to the skill you used. So Extract Ability = 1 Ability sphere rewarded.

There are also items that do this, but I don't think they're sold before Mushroom Rock Road. Apparently the only ability spheres I can still remember is that there's a treasure chest with 4 ability spheres just to the right of Djose Temple, after Operation Mi'hen.

lfc_Baz
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
well im training Kimari in the black magic, he has Fire and Blizzard but i cant get any others as i have 0 ability sphere

Coppo
07-12-2006, 10:39 AM
I never bothered with Kimahri, probably because his orignal sphere grid route doesn't exist. He's left to explore the grid as much as he wants, while the other characters actually fulfill a job.

Well, fight some more in mushroom rock road to gain some more sphere levels for whoever is the closest to Extract Ability, move that character to the node next to Extract Ability, and when you do stumble across an Ability Sphere, use it to get Extract Ability.

lfc_Baz
07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Problem solved, Yuna just learned Extract ability and i just got this weapon for Kiamari and it has Dispell ability on it. Not sure if it has anything to do with ability sphere :confused:

Markus. D
07-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I am using the advanced grid, focusing on Yuna.

she mines the Abilty Spheres for me from the Fiends :)

slowly getting more and more and mooore.

lfc_Baz
07-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Yuna for me is only good at white magic

TheSpoonyBard
07-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Distill Ability is just like Extract Ability, but you don't need to perform any special actions - the weapon will give the enemy the Distill Ability status when they are struck.

Tavrobel
07-12-2006, 05:36 PM
You either have to go back Mi'ihen and mine Ability Spheres from the Dual Horns, or purchase the Ability Distills, or if you are using the Int/PAL versions, find the ability on the Grid and learn it.