PDA

View Full Version : Arc the lad: twilight of the spirits general discussion

leader of mortals
07-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Yea i love this game and i want to know if anyone else likes it too or wants to give some tips(btw im in darcs story after i captured lilia, I used the tornaments and now, before orcoth is destroyed, dark is level 46)

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 09:52 PM
My tip would be dont touch it. It ruins the Arc series, character design is bad, music is awful and the voice acting is bad. The battle system is the only decent thing.

leader of mortals
07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
hey i said i liked the game because of, 1. battle system, 2. i never played any others except end of darkness(didnt like it that much, but ok) and 3. story-line is preety good.

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Eh, no you didnt. You asked for tips and I gave you one.

leader of mortals
07-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Yea i love this game and i want to know if anyone else likes it too or wants to give some tips

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 10:03 PM
hey i said i liked the game because of, 1. battle system, 2. i never played any others except end of darkness(didnt like it that much, but ok) and 3. story-line is preety good.
Thats the only thing connected to your other post. You asked for tips and I gave you one. Avoid it.

leader of mortals
07-12-2006, 10:05 PM
meh ok but i really like this game and i think many people do too.

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Good for them if they do but eh... well they arent posting.
I traded my copy in to get back Breath of Fire 4, best decision Ive had in a looooong time.

leader of mortals
07-12-2006, 10:06 PM
lol it hasnt been that long

~SapphireStar~
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Threads been up for a good 18 minutes or so.
But meh.

FiragaBreak
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Basic tip. Train to lvl 70. one of the bosses you fight is tough

leader of mortals
07-12-2006, 10:12 PM
you mean darkham and the big eye

LunarWeaver
07-13-2006, 01:05 AM
I agree that you should trade it in for something better.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-13-2006, 01:10 AM
it was ok for killing time

leader of mortals
07-13-2006, 01:58 AM
so im the only one who really liked it

NeoCracker
07-13-2006, 06:18 AM
I thought it was great. And there is an extremel cheep trick for beating the last boss.

Bebedora was the coolest character in the whole game. She rocked hard.

DK
07-13-2006, 06:50 AM
I liked it, too. I thought the story was good and the way of switching back between the sides to get different picture of how the racial side affected things was great. I never finished it and I probably never will, but yeah.

Sinistrad
07-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Uhm...ok, I havn't played ToS, but if you traded it for anything with "Breath of Fire" in the title, you made a terrible, terrible mistake.

kikimm
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
I hope that was the end of that silly argument.

I never picked it up, but I did watch my brother play it. It sort of seemed interesting at first, but then I really started paying attention to the dialogue. Which is not that great. Although the battle system did look kinda fun. I don't think I'm missing anything special. :P

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Uhm...ok, I havn't played ToS, but if you traded it for anything with "Breath of Fire" in the title, you made a terrible, terrible mistake.
I dont think so. Breath of Fire is a wicked RPG series, been playing it for years. And it was worth it IMO. You must have played Dragon Quarter if thats your view of BoF.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I thought it was great. And there is an extremel cheep trick for beating the last boss.

i never beat the boss, i must know:p

leader of mortals
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
you need to keep on the sides and not in the middle

Ashley Schovitz
07-14-2006, 05:34 PM
The game is great , but before you beat the game and before Orcoth is destroyed, you would want to go back to Catalena or whatever that city is called in Aldrow and enter the longest tournament and when you finally win you get a secret character Diekbeck, which he is very useful. And foir Darc, enter the Coliseum in Rueloon and enter the longest tournament there to win another secret character, Arc the lad is the greatest!

I Took the Red Pill
07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I liked it. I didn't beat it though, I got to the part where you fight that one evil general guy and his guards who look like they were in the Ku Klux Klan. That's all I remember, I haven't played it in so long. Twilight of the Spirits didn't ruin the series, End of Darkness ruined the series.

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Never played End of Darkness, only Arc the Lad collection.

NeoCracker
07-14-2006, 07:40 PM

i never beat the boss, i must know:p
Final boss is the giant eye which does two things, summon the black orbs and fires the powerful beam attack. Maru must be in your party. Bebedora and Camillia is also useful with her powerful ranged magic.

Keep everyone on the right edge and put Maru barely in range ot hit the eye. everyone else attacks the orbs. On the edge they can't be hit with the beam attack, and being weak against light makes Maru's light arrows effective. Maru is the only character with a regular attack that can hit him without getting in range of the beam.

Everyone else should handle the orbs as they come.

leader of mortals
07-14-2006, 10:01 PM
adding on to your tip..... if the eyes become too much have maru use his great hunter technique to take out some of the mini eyes.(the technique is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Tiamat
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
I remember this game not making a very good impression on me. It's been a couple years since I played it, so I can't recall many specifics. I remember thinking it had a lot of potential with the split storyline idea, but it ended up not cashing in on it as much as I'd have liked. Otherwise, I remember it being a largely average experience. Good enough to play through, but not good enough to make a big impact. Oh yeah, I remember it had some funky music tracks in the game. And I don't necessarily mean that in a good way.