PDA

View Full Version : Why do people dislike FF for no reason

Ashley Schovitz
07-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Sometimes in a conversation like maybe if a program on TV mentions Ff or some other resource makes me think of it and when I tell someone like a friend or someone else, they always reply i don't like Final Fantasy. And when I ask them why or even if they have ever played one, they reply no or don't give any good reason at all, most of these people who do say that play Sport and GTA games only, why is that/ They judge it and they don't even know anything about it, even if you've played one, one is not enough to judge if the entire series is bad when every one is completely different from each other.

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, did they say that like they actually didn't like it, or that they never played it before?

Either way, their loss.

Ashley Schovitz
07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
they said they don't like it and when I ask to elaborate they just repeat the same answer.

AdVenT
07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh I hate it when that happenes.

Psychotic
07-12-2006, 10:59 PM
How can anybody answer the question "Why do people dislike FF for no reason?"? It answers itself: They dislike it for no reason. There is no why.

Hambone
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
A lot of kids I know think it's stupid. They'd rather play something stupid like Dragon Ball Z Budokai or Pokemon. Assholes.

LunarWeaver
07-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Most people reply to me "It's changed" or "It's lost the magic"...But they apply that logic to every single one of them.

In other words, the name alone has hyped it up so much it's become cool to hate like all popular things. If these games had other titles people who hate them would have no problem with them anymore.

Of course, if they had other titles many who love them wouldn't anymore either... What a circus we live in, honkhonk!

Ashley Schovitz
07-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Most people I've talked too say that they haven't even played them and that's any of them.

ljkkjlcm9
07-13-2006, 12:14 AM
A lot of people say that because they don't like RPGs. In fact, the group you stated are perfect for this. People that typically play Sports, FPS, or GTA as their number one games, don't typically play RPGS. I hate GTA, and I hate it simply because it was blown out of proportion and isn't nearly as good as it's made out to be. I'm sure the people that are fans of that game but hate FF, feel the same way...

and that's my 2 cents

THE JACKEL

DJZen
07-13-2006, 12:39 AM
CUZ TEH FANAL FANTISY IS 4 TEH OTAKU PH4Gz!!!!!!11one111eleven! LOLOLOLOLOL

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Its mainly people have never picked up an RPG before or prefer playing a sports, beat em up or blow em up game. My uncle cant understand why I play them and yet I question him driving round on a track load knows how many times. People are just different.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
07-13-2006, 02:31 AM
lol, that's not as bad as my brother (who's only seen me play it) claims that they are all gothic.

DeathKnight
07-13-2006, 02:53 AM
I haven't met any FF haters in nyc....maybe they all think they're in Zanarkand *laughs at them* :laugh:...........................wait what's that in my location????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Meat Puppet
07-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Maybe they secretly like Final Fantasy; maybe they don't want you to know they're a nerd.

I know that's what I do.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Because people are different, and have different interests. People who like sports games tend to not like RPGs as much, and vice versa.

DarkLadyNyara
07-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Because they suck. :D

blackmage_nuke
07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Well it makes sense if they say they dont like it and have never played it. How can you like a game you havent played. But if they say they dislike it or hate it or think it sucks without playing, thats stupid

Rogue
07-13-2006, 09:52 AM
A lot of kids I know think it's stupid. They'd rather play something stupid like Dragon Ball Z Budokai or Pokemon. Assholes.
lol your right
i think final fantasy is the best game series i mean look how many there are i dont see gta or pokeman with like 15 games(or more) in the series:choc2: :choc2: pokemon is getting there but there just the same game with a diffrent color on them:eep: :eep:

Polaris
07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
One day a friend of mine told me that evryone who played playstation or other computor games were stupid, she never played a ff in her life and she doesn't want! Games like ff can develop your brain you must have plans to make a good fight and yet you have fun with the story! Some people think that games are stupid but they aren't!

Mage_of_Fire
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
just get them to play one with you or something. they'll probably fall in love.

Chris
07-13-2006, 01:48 PM
It's cool to dislike and trash Final Fantasy. I don't know why, especially considering that it's fanbase is bigger than ever.

DJZen
07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Because iconoclasm is fun.

Nick Schovitz
07-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Because iconoclasm is fun.
What the hell is that!? and yeah I'm tired of those bastards they can play Tekken, Madden, and GtA with me ,but when I mention FF they trash it when they have never played it.

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I think iconoclasm is something to do with icons ...

DeathKnight
07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Because people are different, and have different interests. People who like sports games tend to not like RPGs as much, and vice versa.

I love Sports and RPGs to death!

Crossblades
07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Mostly people who hate FF are the same people who hate RPGs in general. It's their loss

Roto13
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm not kidding when I say that I've known three people who've said they didn't like it because they're all called "Final" Fantasy, but there's, like, 20 of them. Two of them later became FF VII fanboys. I can't win with these guys.

feona17
07-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Maybe they secretly like Final Fantasy; maybe they don't want you to know they're a nerd.

I know that's what I do.

Playing Final Fantasy doesn't make you a nerd. Let's just make that clear. I tell a lot of people that I play Final Fantasy, and they go, "Really? That's cool." or "Wow, you play video games?" Even rarer, " "Seriously? I do too!"

Some people just don't like RPGs and would rather stick to what they are used to. If some person is in love with the hip hop genre let's say, and you ask them why they don't like other genres such as rock/alternative, I assure you, they'll say something like "It's too loud and it's for such and such people." Without actually taking time to appreciate the music itself.

Everything is so clearly defined with labels, music, games, and all sorts of things.

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Well I played sports games, Tekken and all that stuff way before I played FF or any RPG, but RPG's are now my favourite genre. I guess Poke'mon is an RPG but its a different sort.

Only 3 or 4 of my friends play FF and about 5 are into video games in my 'group' at school.

Dell
07-14-2006, 04:07 AM
I don't care about that type of people, I get along with Final Fantasy and they get along with their games. Why should I care? Everyone is different.

The reason people didn't like it because it's way too long, too many event/talking and it uses brain (Tactic).

ff_sweden
07-15-2006, 09:08 PM
itīs because they havenīt playd it....easily:D

Ashley Schovitz
07-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Well I played sports games, Tekken and all that stuff way before I played FF or any RPG, but RPG's are now my favourite genre. I guess Poke'mon is an RPG but its a different sort.

Only 3 or 4 of my friends play FF and about 5 are into video games in my 'group' at school.
Poke'mon isn't any different, it's turned based and has a lot of RPG elements to it likr potions and antidotes.

SuperNatural
07-16-2006, 12:21 AM
The thing about Final Fantasy is that it's not for everybody. It has great gameplay, but the games focus more about character development, artistic style of graphics, and story. This generation of gaming kids (those who started with GTA 3) will most likely not be into Final Fantasy because it is not a run-and-gun action game. I think to like the Final Fantasy, you have to be at a certain maturity level so you can understand and appreciate the art, story, and emotion found in all Final Fantasy games. Of coarse, when I was younger, I was not a fan of the FF series at all. In fact, I hated it, but not that I ahve matured, I can understand the series more and it has grown on me.

Dreddz
07-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Theres lots of people that hate FF, but I wouldnt say there is no reason. Some hate it because its text heavy, some hate RPG's in general and some who stick with other consoles like Xbox hate it because it only appears on the Playstation. Always a reason, some just give no reason as there reasons are silly and stupid...

Griff
07-17-2006, 12:29 AM
There are multiple reasons like:
-they are racist towards Japan
-waiting for their turn and hitting Fight is too complicated
-no "Hot Coffee" mod
-They only have a 2 digit IQ
-Not as many male on male butt slaps as Madden
-Intelligence attribute can be just as important as strength attribute, meaning jocks are against it

feona17
07-17-2006, 04:20 AM
There are multiple reasons like:
-they are racist towards Japan
-waiting for their turn and hitting Fight is too complicated
-no "Hot Coffee" mod
-They only have a 2 digit IQ
-Not as many male on male butt slaps as Madden
-Intelligence attribute can be just as important as strength attribute, meaning jocks are against it

Racist towards Japan? Didn't know you could be racist against a country. :p Yeah, well I hardly doubt that it's because they don't like Japanese and their creations (might I add, most of them are awesome and... unique). But if you actually know someone like that, I'd be genuinely surprised.

Yeah, my younger half brother, don't see him much, but one of the few times I saw him we went out and I bought FFX-2. He said, "It's really long and you have to think a lot about strategy and see a lot of storyline soap-opera garbage." I was taken aback, and said, "Okay.. so let's talk about something else." It isn't cool to get into an argument over games ehehe.

Thorn
07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
They're jealous. It's like how people keep yapping on about Halo.

"Stfu about halo, its sh*t!"

Only difference between Final Fantasy and Halo is that Halo actually IS sh*t.

Distain
07-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Probably becuase they just dont like it, or theyr afraid to like it and be called a nerd or somthing, wich is wrong. A guy who cuasuly plays the game becuase he happens to like the storys/charicters is no more nerdy than some other guy reading a book. Anerd, in my opinon is someone who plays it NONSTOP, or someone who plays MMRPGS 24/7, or people that r so pail they blind you if they happen to step into the sun.

ps. Sorry if I acidentily offended anyone!:)

Rase
07-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Those crazy people with their different opinions and likes.

TidusMaster
07-20-2006, 05:37 AM
Well......*clear Throat*.....

ALL of my friends say that they hate FF for no Reason.But anyways...I invited my friend Spencer over for a sleepover a couple of night ago. I showed him FFX. He sayed that he loved the story line, the characters, and the weapons. The only thing is is that he hates the battle system! so if you think about it, alot of the people hate the games for there battle system. I make my point!:tongue:

Thorn
07-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Well......*clear Throat*.....

ALL of my friends say that they hate FF for no Reason.But anyways...I invited my friend Spencer over for a sleepover a couple of night ago. I showed him FFX. He sayed that he loved the story line, the characters, and the weapons. The only thing is is that he hates the battle system! so if you think about it, alot of the people hate the games for there battle system. I make my point!:tongue:

One of your friends says he doesn't like the battle system and apparently...

alot of the people hate the games for there battle system

The battlesystem is very similar to mose the other RPGs, and final fantasy (10 in particular) has the best battle system out of all of them. So perhaps some people just dont like RPGs.

YTDN
07-20-2006, 04:04 PM
One of my 'friends' (read: enemy) says FF is stupid. She hasn't seen me play any. The closest she's seen to final fantasy is me drawing some of the characters in class. I think she once saw my sister playing X-2 when she was round my house, but she immediatly walked away. She says she hates it because the outfits are stupid, the monsters look weird, and it isn't exactly like real life. I guess she hates it because she only plays 'real life' games, like driving games, and anything fantasy-ish is weird for her. Strange.

DudeSon2004
07-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Ashley Schovitz
07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
The people I know play zelda and that's an RPG.

IceAngel
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Exactly.
When my dad watches FFX and the victory fanfare comes on, he goes "God I really hate that music, it's typical japanese." so feona17 I guess some people are racist towards a country *shrugs*. He plays aeroplane games only, but he's my dad lol! I have to tell him not to base the entire game on on 10 second bit of music.
I don't go telling everyone that I play ff games only because not a lot of people I know play videogames (except the guys but theres only 3 of them). They haven't played it so they dont judge it thank god.

or people that r so pail they blind you if they happen to step into the sun.

ps. Sorry if I acidentily offended anyone!:)

I am one of those people and I'm out as often as I can!!!!!! I forgive you :D

chrisfffan
07-27-2006, 08:42 PM
its like anything that is BIG and people dont like it like star wars or anything like that.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
08-08-2006, 05:20 AM
I luckily have a friend and a boyfriend who both like FF. I got my friend into it and my boyfriend was already into it.

Raebus
08-09-2006, 08:34 PM
It's most likely due to fanboys or they just don't like Rpgs in general. I know a few people who like ff anyway.

Cookie
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
People at my school don't play games like Final Fantasy or Pokemon because they look at them and say "babyish". Maybe pokemon is for younger people but i play it sometimes anyway because it is quite a good game. People judge it before they play it and think they are too cool. It's annoying when you say you play ff and people go "why!? it's crap" and you say "have you played it?" and they say "no". That is why hardly anyone at my school plays it.

The Knights of the Round
08-10-2006, 03:50 AM
ok i agree compleately with the fact that ppl are just plain dumb. i have a friend mike, i try to get him to at least try FF but he is a stuborn ass. he sits there and tells me well i dont like RPG's and i ask him why, his answer "Well i never really played them... but i know i dont like them". It gets me angry cause all he believes in, is playing a game like GTA where you get to blow someone up. Not enough ppl respect a good game for what is should be. Final Fantasy games have good plots and long gameplay that is well worth your money with the 50+ hours you can get in FF VII (ive got over 70 well worth the money) compared to the stupid shooter killer games that last 4 hours literally. Also ppl just think that they arent cool if they play FF, and that is plain stupid. it isnt how cool they are playing a game it should be how fun the game is for them to play..

Final Fantasy is the greatest series ever made no doubt

Marluxiaswife
08-11-2006, 07:52 AM
(sorry if this was writen in this topic)

I think people who don't like Final Fantasy is cause they don't know whats going on, they need to play The frist Final Fantasy to understand all the magic and stuff, then 2,3,4,5,6,7,7AC,8,9,10,10-2

They need to do something like that to understand final fantasy and start liking it, mostly people by final fantasy x-2 or final fantasy ac
and don't get it, and say "Oh if all Final Fantasy are likes this then Final Fantasy Sucks" Thats why Japanese People really like Final Fantasy.

And The old Final Fantasy Were about the story like everything going on, Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy VII AC, are about learning about the Characters

Western Paladin
08-13-2006, 07:01 AM
I grew Up with FF1. My father used to play it while I would watch while I was 2 or 3. By the time I was 4 I was playing it, and I was pretty good, but I must admit one thing, and have always loved the series, But dammit for people who couldn't read yet, it was damn hard to realise that you have to actually equip your weapons and armor! Beating FF1 naked is a challenge indeed... but I managed it. I am a huge fan of the series, and all my friends know that there are only a few things I can't put up with: people bad-mouthing my family, and people bad-mouthing my games. All hell breaks loose everytime I meet a fool who thinks Final Fantasy isn't worth their time. I love making fun of stupid people, and for some reason, stupid people flock to me in droves.:D :D But I have to say, I have played at least half the final fantasy games, and they are all amazing, but the earliest one has almost no storyline and is difficult to grasp at a young age (took me 2 weeks to find that godawful oxyale). No learning curve for the early games, at least :D:D:D Always worth every second you put into it.