PDA

View Full Version : WHAT does playstations FF:Origins, anthology, and chronicles contains?

Purplestar
07-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Hello,

Presently I own:
FF 3 (VI), and FF 7 (playstation version), and 8 (playstation again)

Does any of the FF Origins, anthology and chronicles contain:

FF 2 (FF IV)???
Does it contain FF 1, 2, 3, 4, 5????????????
What does it contain???

Does it contain original versions or modified cheappy versions?
THANKS SPANKS!:mog:

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm sure it's different for Europe (they got FFIV/V/VI in one package?), but in NA:

Origins: I & II (Enhanced WSC graphics and I think orchestrated music. Or it's really well synthesized. One Disc, with bonus artwork/bestiary/collections you can work for.)
Chronicles: Chrono Trigger and IV (Normal Graphics. They have horrific saving times though...bonuses on the CT Disc.)
Anthology: V & VI (Normal Graphics. Different sound chip somewhat downgrades music quality. Bonus stuff on the FFVI Disc.)

FFIII will be remade on the Nintendo DS and released later this year.

Purplestar
07-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Do you think I'll be able to ever get FF III for SNES or PS1?

Also, when you say FF II --- do you mean final fantasy 2 NA version or is F IV = FF 2???

And if all these great games are really on these disks than why are they so much cheaper ($30)than buying an original version of FF IV (FF2) on sNES which tends to be like ($80 - 100)?????????????????????????????????????????????

All that much sentimentality for just a game cartridge? if the contents are the same doesn't that matter more? plus a cd is better lasting????

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Final Fantasy II, not IV.

Because those games are pretty rare, I suppose. You could much easily find a used copy of Origins/Anthology/Chronicles/etc. than you could the original cartridges.

Well, besides importing... (http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/FFIIIManualscan.jpg)

DJZen
07-13-2006, 05:04 AM
All that much sentimentality for just a game cartridge? if the contents are the same doesn't that matter more? plus a cd is better lasting????

Well it's sentiment and the fact that the cartridges, especially complete are EXTREMELY smurfing rare. Collectors go completely nuts over them. There is a big difference between FFIIIus and FFVI on the PS1 though, that being Final Fantasy Anthology has some pretty painful load times, while FFIIIus came with maps of both worlds and a nicer manual. Also, a CD is LESS durable than a cartridge.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2006, 05:13 AM
I'm sure it's different for Europe (they got FFIV/V/VI in one package?)In Europe, Final Fantasy Anthology consisted of FFIV and FFV, and FFVI was released by itself. In Japan, all three games were released separately from 1997 to 1999 before being compiled in one package called Final Fantasy Collection.

Cruise Control
07-13-2006, 05:21 AM
You know so much it frightens me. It's up there with Tavrobel.

Chris
07-13-2006, 01:45 PM
In Europe, Final Fantasy Anthology consisted of FFIV and FFV, and FFVI was released by itself. In Japan, all three games were released separately from 1997 to 1999 before being compiled in one package called Final Fantasy Collection.
You frighten me sometimes with your knowledge of computer games. :(

My European edition of Anthology contained FFIV and FFV.

:D