PDA

View Full Version : Auron..Bisht?

Numb
07-13-2006, 02:16 AM
this may seem a weird topic for most of americans, but i think some of the Arabs (Final Fantasy Lovers) talked about this alot:yap:
I hope that this topic is not repeated..:D
ok here we go..

What is Bisht?
A Bisht is a traditional Arabic men’s cloak famous in the Arabian Gulf and some Arabic countries. It is worn for prestige on special occasions like weddings and official gatherings.

http://www.bisht.com/bisht.jpg
this is like a jacket but in this photo in the bottom it looks like it's closed
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2831/eee4ca.jpg

I think that Aurons Red jacket looks alot like a Bisht.
But Aurons is MUCH cooler:p
(this is just an opinion)

Malboro_Menace
claim designer Tetsuya Nomura used a figurine of Sanjuro(character played by actor Toshiro Mifune in the film Yojimbo)as "inspiration" when drawing the character; however, he has not admitted to this in any interviews
Sanjuro Clothes: one sleeve to dangle empty while concealing the arm inside their robe, a ronin characteristic referring to the loss of a master (the symbolic loss of the sword arm).

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Interesting. It certainly wouldn't be too surprising, knowing Square. Still, I always thought Auron was based off of a samurai-type character, seeing as how it's set in an Japanese-based environment. Still, very interesting.

Mirage
07-13-2006, 02:26 AM
I think the differences are a bit too big for it to be based on a bisht. Having one hand out of the sleeve like that is a ronin-ish(a samurai without a master) thing to do.

Numb
07-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Zeromus_X thanks for the reply:D
Mirage yeah i agree, but still this photo isn't that clear it's not just about the one hand out i think the dark blue on the sides are like the golden colour (which aren't showed that good in this photo) and so is the big sleeve, thanks for the reply i love to talk:D he-he

sorry i'm not that good at english, but i try:p

Shiny
07-13-2006, 08:27 AM
What Auron is wearing could be (as you said) a bisht, or a kimono. Atleast that's what it looks like.

Numb
07-13-2006, 08:40 AM
heheh i'm just saying that ((IN MY OPINION))
Aurons jacket looks like a bisht:p thanks for replying Shiny:D

Kamrusepas
07-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks.

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I didnt either! That is really interesting, I just thought it was just Auron being lazy or having a sore arm, till he started killing things! But you learn something new everyday :D

Numb
07-14-2006, 01:22 AM
heheh:D thanks Kamrusepas & ~SapphireStar~ for the reply:D

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Did you get the special edition version of FFX that had the DVD with it? If not I'll explain:

"Auron's character design calls to mind the quintessential "wandering ronin"; he bears more than a passing resemblance to the "Sanjuro" character played by actor Toshiro Mifune in the film Yojimbo. Both allow one sleeve to dangle empty while concealing the arm inside their robe, a ronin characteristic referring to the loss of a master (the symbolic loss of the sword arm). Aside from physical appearance, both are largely silent, often brusque when they deem it necessary to speak, and are frequently seen scratching their chins. Internet rumors claim designer Tetsuya Nomura used a figurine of Mifune as "inspiration" when drawing the character; however, he has not admitted to this in any interviews."

Hmm 'loss of a master'... that would fit in with losing Braska wouldn't it?

I looked up the bisht and they look alot like the clothes Auron wears but they aren't where his character design come from.

Numb
07-14-2006, 02:07 AM
wow! I didn't know that, thanks alot for the information...:D
will maybe Sanjuros clothes was from the Bisht :| hehehehe just kidding
but it still looks like a Bisht. I'll correct what I wrote and add a bit of what you said
:D Malboro_Menace thanks again for the reply

Malboro_Menace
07-14-2006, 02:11 AM
No problems :D

Yuffie514
07-14-2006, 06:24 AM
i thought it resembled more like a men's kimono. it is also quite similar to Kaldea's outfit from The Bouncer, all except for the difference in sexes...

obsessed_wif_yuna
07-17-2006, 09:45 AM
ye.. i thought Auron wore a Kimono...

Clyphire
07-19-2006, 11:29 AM
I bet he killed a guy wearing a bisht and took it off his corpse!!

Prancing Mad
07-19-2006, 12:21 PM
kimono is like shimono, which is greek for cold. What do you wear when it's cold? A kimono. There you go. Auron is based on the greek language

feona17
07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Did you get the special edition version of FFX that had the DVD with it? If not I'll explain:

"Auron's character design calls to mind the quintessential "wandering ronin"; he bears more than a passing resemblance to the "Sanjuro" character played by actor Toshiro Mifune in the film Yojimbo. Both allow one sleeve to dangle empty while concealing the arm inside their robe, a ronin characteristic referring to the loss of a master (the symbolic loss of the sword arm). Aside from physical appearance, both are largely silent, often brusque when they deem it necessary to speak, and are frequently seen scratching their chins. Internet rumors claim designer Tetsuya Nomura used a figurine of Mifune as "inspiration" when drawing the character; however, he has not admitted to this in any interviews."

Hmm 'loss of a master'... that would fit in with losing Braska wouldn't it?

I looked up the bisht and they look alot like the clothes Auron wears but they aren't where his character design come from.

Whoa Toshiro Mifune? Very interesting.. for personal reasons. Anyway, it could be a mix of Mifune and the Bisht thing. It doesn't have to be solely based on one thing.

ulitma_cloud
07-23-2006, 03:48 AM
i heard that auron is a ronin,so why would a samurai by wearing a bisht?

lufia
07-23-2006, 02:01 PM
lol err i don't know ;) , nice thread